A Question of Law

AnonymousIV

May 18, 2011
I am wondering why I cannot find the laws that decriminalized abortion for each state. When the ruling came down from the Supreme Court in 1973 there were 30 states where abortion was totally illegal. It seems no one has ever collected those states laws. Or should I say, no one has presented abortion in that style. It's as if a portion of history has been written off. I think it is very important to know the wording of the laws. Where and how each state stood at the end of 1973. Also, there is not a map showing the 30 states and the dates they decriminalized abortion. Also, I cannot figure why the argument about abortion has not be viewed as pro-choice, pro-life and pro-self. I think there are three slices to the pie, why is that ignored? Being pro-self is like no one hears that voice. That's what Roe v Wade was all about. Women being for themselves. Without interference from employers and others.

I am wondering why I cannot find the laws that decriminalized abortion for each state. When the ruling came down from the Supreme Court in 1973 there were 30 states where abortion was totally illegal. It seems no one has ever collected those states laws. Or should I say, no one has presented abortion in that style. It's as if a portion of history has been written off. I think it is very important to know the wording of the laws. Where and how each state stood at the end of 1973. Also, there is not a map showing the 30 states and the dates they decriminalized abortion. Also, I cannot figure why the argument about abortion has not be viewed as pro-choice, pro-life and pro-self. I think there are three slices to the pie, why is that ignored? Being pro-self is like no one hears that voice. That's what Roe v Wade was all about. Women being for themselves. Without interference from employers and others.

Because in many cases there aren’t any.

As with North Carolina, for example, the statute criminalizing abortion is still in effect. It is not enforced, however, as any conviction would be overturned on appeal per Casey.

Otherwise, the issue concerned privacy rights.

Could someone fill me in as to why the CDC has surveillance on abortions? I personally think all the information collected by the CDC should stop,. It is my right to privacy being over-stepped by the government. First Pro-Lifers gather statistical data that they have no business knowing, and moralize about it., as if to say it is wrong. Using numbers, and pictures of the placenta with an aborted fetus as reasons to prove it is wrong. Finding and using whatever they can, to prove that it is more, than an unwanted pregnancy. And in God's actuality, any picture or number is exactly that, numbers and pictures of unwanted pregnancies. Why do you say the abortion rate, when it's the unwanted pregnancy rate? I would like to see the government make that policy, we no longer have an abortion rate, we have an unwanted pregnancy rate. Second and third trimester unwanted pregnancies, should not be reported to the public. It is a private matter, between doctor and patient. I think those are better ground rules.

there is a silver lining... Only 4 more years.

In four years,can we petition the Supreme Court to finally afford women the right to privacy. By that I mean, making the CDC's surveillance of unwanted pregnancies private and seen only on a need to know basis. Why, where, when and how does priviledged medical information become a matter for public review? If the disclosure of my private medical information is necessary, for whatever reason, it is not a public matter. Where does Joe Blow (general public) fit into the equation? Is terminating an unwanted pregnancy between me, my doctor, and the general public? The matter rests solely with the Supreme Court, which are appointed by the President. The general public can go sc*ew its self. They have no real interest in the matter, most of which are laymen tossing around numbers, grafts and charts.

You think so, katz? You outlaw abortion again, and you will see an American revolution that will drive you guys into the woods, the hills, and the graveyards. Women will not be denied this right.

True. I agree a woman's healthcare should be decision of involved woman (and spouse).

Forum List

Back