A Question for White Liberals with Misplaced Guilt...

It's Unfair to Current and Future Generations of Black and White Children who will Judge each other the Color of their Skin, and NOT the "Content of their Character"...

Children see the Focus on Race...

They don't Understand the Context of the History, especially when it's so Fucking One-Sided...

Children are NOT Obsessively Taught that Whites Sacrificed EVERYTHING to Free them...

They are Taught their Ancestors where the Oppressors and in that they are Fed Guilt from an Early Age.

It's Time to Move on... Or at Least be Equal in the Teaching and Focus on Race.

:)

peace...

So if you want White History Month then do what Blacks did and work to create it. And I am not sure I understand how we aren't taught about white sacrifices for equality. Certainly I was taught about Abolition, John Brown, Lincoln, and the erasure of Jim Crow. These are all taught in my children's school district. If they aren't taught in yours then then get off your butt and have your curriculum changed.

Get off my Butt... That's Cute.

Yes, get off your Butt. Black History Month was organized by Blacks. They got off their Butt and worked for something they wanted. If you don't want Black History Month observed in your schools you have to address your local school boards and if you don't want such programs as "Eye on the Prize" aired on PBS then take it up with your local affiliate. The onus is on you to accomplish what you want just as it was on Blacks to accomplish what they wanted. They did. You haven't. So do so and stop sniveling about the accomplishments of others...

So if you want White History Month then do what Blacks did and work to create it. And I am not sure I understand how we aren't taught about white sacrifices for equality. Certainly I was taught about Abolition, John Brown, Lincoln, and the erasure of Jim Crow. These are all taught in my children's school district. If they aren't taught in yours then then get off your butt and have your curriculum changed.

Yes, get off your Butt. Black History Month was organized by Blacks. They got off their Butt and worked for something they wanted. If you don't want Black History Month observed in your schools you have to address your local school boards and if you don't want such programs as "Eye on the Prize" aired on PBS then take it up with your local affiliate. The onus is on you to accomplish what you want just as it was on Blacks to accomplish what they wanted. They did. You haven't. So do so and stop sniveling about the accomplishments of others...

No, "Blacks" did NO such thing... A VERY Few People did it with VERY Loud Voices... And Guilty White Liberals in the Media and Government Assisted.

I have NO Intention of Ending Black History Month nor do I want a White History Month...

You are Confused about my Concern about this Race Focus and it's Effect on Children and Future Generations regarding Race.

peace...

No, "Blacks" did NO such thing... A VERY Few People did it with VERY Loud Voices... And Guilty White Liberals in the Media and Government Assisted.

I have NO Intention of Ending Black History Month nor do I want a White History Month...

You are Confused about my Concern about this Race Focus and it's Effect on Children and Future Generations regarding Race.

peace...

Jesus, you are sitting here bitching about Black History and you have no idea about Black Histroy. Black History Month is observed in the US, Canada, and England and was organized in 1926 by Carter Woodson, a black historian, as "Negro History Week." It is a national remembrance but not a national law...observance is at the discretion of local authorities. Observe it or don't. Remember or don't. It certainly cannot be having much of a affect since you know nothing it it's history nor who and why it was started...

peace...

Jesus, you are sitting here bitching about Black History and you have no idea about Black Histroy. Black History Month is observed in the US, Canada, and England and was organized in 1926 by Carter Woodson, a black historian, as "Negro History Week." It is a national remembrance but not a national law...observance is at the discretion of local authorities. Observe it or don't. Remember or don't. It certainly cannot be having much of a affect since you know nothing it it's history nor who and why it was started...

You are Entirely Confused about the Point of this Thread... The History of it is Irrelevant to Today and what is being Done with it.

peace...

When your Child asks you why there is a "Black History Month" but there isn't a "White History Month", what will be, or has been your Response?

They are either Learning about it in School, or even on PBS Programming and other Children's Programming.

What do you Tell them is the Reason that some Races have a Specific Month Dedicated to their History and others do not?

What should a Parent who is Asked that say in your Opinion, if you have not had the Occassion yourself?

peace...

Its simple, tell the child to look at world history and US history in the their school textbooks, that equals about 9 months of white history taught in schools compared to one month a year for blacks. The problem with some of insecure whites is that you're obviously oblivious to a lot of things you whine about not having.

America is being swamped by a massive influx of Third Worlders who in a few decades will turn this country into a carbon copy of the shitholes they left behind and the most pressing issue seems to be a commemorative month.

You all seem to be the kind of people who engage in lengthy, technical debates on brake systems during a train crash.

When your Child asks you why there is a "Black History Month" but there isn't a "White History Month", what will be, or has been your Response?

They are either Learning about it in School, or even on PBS Programming and other Children's Programming.

What do you Tell them is the Reason that some Races have a Specific Month Dedicated to their History and others do not?

What should a Parent who is Asked that say in your Opinion, if you have not had the Occassion yourself?

peace...

Its simple, tell the child to look at world history and US history in the their school textbooks, that equals about 9 months of white history taught in schools compared to one month a year for blacks. The problem with some of insecure whites is that you're obviously oblivious to a lot of things you whine about not having.

Because the History of this Country since it's Founding is what it is...

Again, Irrelevant to the MODERN DAY.

History can be Taught Accurately without giving a Specific Month to ANY Race.

peace...

"Tell that white republican child, he already has 11 other months designed for him. It wasn't too long ago, the entire year was his. "

Then why does the white child have to score so much higher academically to get the same considerations as a black kid?? Given that fact, none of the 12 months are for white kids. The 12 months a year are for liberals to blame evil white males for everything under the sun. No one else has ever done anything wrong. Black people are not continuously killing each other in Africa. Chinese communists didn't kill 30 million citizens. Islamic folks didn't launch the 9/11 attacks that was conveniently set up by the white guy -- George Bush. Women never have done anything sexist to men... You liberals demonize white males and mainstream culture as though it's some kind of totalitarian state here. Now some gray matter free lib will say white males control everything. Ah, if we do, then I doubt we'd have set up society to be demonized 24/7...

peace...

You are Entirely Confused about the Point of this Thread... The History of it is Irrelevant to Today and what is being Done with it.

peace...

What is being done today is no different than in 1926. There are no laws requiring any observance and local observance is left to the discretion of local officials. I teach high school and have served on local school boards. My local school board does not predicate any inclusion of Black History Month in any curriculum other than in History as historical fact nor is there a single federal mandate requiring state or local ISD's do so. What is done is at local discretion. 'The point of this thread' has no point and if blacks want to take February as a month to celebrate their history since it has no impact on me nor my children I could care less.

The question begged is why you seem to care so much about it...

peace...

Because the History of this Country since it's Founding is what it is...

Again, Irrelevant to the MODERN DAY.

History can be Taught Accurately without giving a Specific Month to ANY Race.

peace...

Only if the history of all peoples is taught, not a school curriculum that focuses predominately on European and European American peoples to the exclusion of others and one that tells lies outright.

peace...

What is being done today is no different than in 1926. There are no laws requiring any observance and local observance is left to the discretion of local officials. I teach high school and have served on local school boards. My local school board does not predicate any inclusion of Black History Month in any curriculum other than in History as historical fact nor is there a single federal mandate requiring state or local ISD's do so. What is done is at local discretion. 'The point of this thread' has no point and if blacks want to take February as a month to celebrate their history since it has no impact on me nor my children I could care less.

The question begged is why you seem to care so much about it...

All of what you said is Irrelevant to what IS Today...

Is there a Law?... Nope, not that I Know of, but my Wife is a Teacher in the Largest School District in Denver Metro and they are ALL being given Resources for the Month...

And of course this isn't the Fed Pushing it at all:

For Teachers - African American History Month (Library of Congress)

You will Find Links there to the NAACP and other Organizations all on the Taxpayer's Dime.

The Resources Provided to Schools is also done on the Taxpayer's Dime.

Now go ahead and show me the www.whiteamericanhistorymonth.gov Site...

Or "Anglo", or "Irish" or whatever...

Ain't there...

And other than Black Kids don't Deserve to Sit on the Sidelines and wonder why some Kids in School are being Focused on because of their Skin Color.

If you don't get it yet, you Probably NEVER will.

peace...

Forum List

Back