A Question For White Folks...

When was the first time you thought to yourself and/or spoke out aloud the term "dumb-shit jigaboos" (or some similar racially-charged term)...?

for me, it was when the two Olympic sprinters (first and second place medalists) raised their gloved hands on the winner's platform at the '68 Olympics...

I thought to myself "geez.. we've got the Voting Rights Act and all the programs related to the War on Poverty... what more do you want...?!"

I could understand how black folks might be impatient for change, but, geez... it ain't gonna happen overnight...

eta: I recall interviews with the two sprinters afterward... they didn't sound particularly bright in their justification for their actions...

a template for the dumb-shit jigaboos that followed in their footsteps...

Never have ...... well except when I've repeated in my head what people write/say at times like this .....

When was the first time you thought to yourself and/or spoke out aloud the term "dumb-shit jigaboos" (or some similar racially-charged term)...?

for me, it was when the two Olympic sprinters (first and second place medalists) raised their gloved hands on the winner's platform at the '68 Olympics...

I thought to myself "geez.. we've got the Voting Rights Act and all the programs related to the War on Poverty... what more do you want...?!"

I could understand how black folks might be impatient for change, but, geez... it ain't gonna happen overnight...

eta: I recall interviews with the two sprinters afterward... they didn't sound particularly bright in their justification for their actions...

a template for the dumb-shit jigaboos that followed in their footsteps...

What percentage of white Americans think like you?

If you're a white American (or even a black American or brown American or green American or purple American), you're a fuckin' liar if you insist that you've never ever had thoughts like that...

I guess I'm a fuckin' liar!

'cept that I'm not.

:wtf:

Never.

Quite telling that you think it though.

my apologizes, Si... from here on out, I'll try to make sure to remember that you exist in another world...
Your implication about my honesty is noted, as is your need to start at least two threads about how easily racist thoughts come to you.

No, I am not like you. But, racists rarely believe that they are anomalies.

Last edited:
Obviously, there aren't enough personal experience/bias stories about racism already posted on this board.
We need more to fan the flames.
I have gasoline for sale, cheap

:wtf:

Never.

Quite telling that you think it though.

my apologizes, Si... from here on out, I'll try to make sure to remember that you exist in another world...
Your implication about my honesty is noted, as is your need to start at least two threads about how easy racist thoughts come to you.

'k... I don't agree with your estimation that I'm a racist, but I'll leave you the last word on that for now...

Obviously, there aren't enough personal experience/bias stories about racism already posted on this board.
We need more to fan the flames.
I have gasoline for sale, cheap

GUNSIDEAUG is giving out gasoline free, as well as matches...

Your implication about my honesty is noted, as is your need to start at least two threads about how easy racist thoughts come to you.

'k... I don't agree with your estimation that I'm a racist, but I'll leave you the last word on that for now...
I understand that you don't agree.

And your implication about my dishonesty is pretty fucking nuts. Exactly how delusional does one have to be to know how another poster feels, thinks, etc.?

(It's a rhetorical question, in case you hadn't guessed.)

And your implication about my dishonesty is pretty fucking nuts. Exactly how delusional does one have to be to know how another poster feels, thinks, etc.?

so... you can honestly say that you've never had a prejudged reaction to something you've read in the news...?

c'mon, now... as they say, "nobody here but us chickens"...

Last edited:
If you're a white American (or even a black American or brown American or green American or purple American), you're a fuckin' liar if you insist that you've never ever had thoughts like that...

I guess I'm a fuckin' liar!

'cept that I'm not.

ummm... how 'bout your previous post...?

?? what about it? I don't count it as me thinking it if I'm just reading back what you say. So it's virtually never.

Love ya Bill, but I think we do live in different worlds in this regard. ( :

Last edited:

so... you can honestly say that you've never had a prejudged reaction to something you've read in the news...?

The only time I did was when there was a stupid-ass accident recently in Arlington...seriously stupid-ass. I said that I bet it involved diplomatic plates.

And, it did.

Most around here know to steer clear of the cars with diplomatic plates.

But, otherwise, yes I can honestly say that. Never, until the press starts with the race baiting, then I think of color, race, or ethnicity - for the obvious reason that I just read about it.

Maybe we grew up differently and learned differently. Maybe we currently live in very different situations. I can't explain it. But, I do know what impression you are giving me. And I see I am not alone.

Secondly, even IF there is nothing to the rash of your threads about this, all I can say is you have no sense of timing.

The only time I did was when there was a stupid-ass accident recently in Arlington...seriously stupid-ass. I said that I bet it involved diplomatic plates.

And, it did.

Most around here know to steer clear of the cars with diplomatic plates.

But, otherwise, yes I can honestly say that. Never, until the press starts with the race baiting, then I think of color, race, or ethnicity - for the obvious reason that I just read about it.

Maybe we grew up differently and learned differently. Maybe we currently live in very different situations. I can't explain it. But, I do know what impression you are giving me. And I see I am not alone.

Secondly, even IF there is nothing to the rash of your threads about this, all I can say is you have no sense of timing.

thanks for the thoughtful and well-written reply, Si...

I think in terms of savages when I read stories like this one:

Man, 78, recounts assault by 6 youths in E. Toledo

4/3/2012

SNIP:

At one point, the victim recalled being lifted from the ground so one of the boys could "drop-kick" him in the chest.

One boy, he said, put his foot on the back of the victim's neck, with another shouting, "Kill him."

While Mr. Watts was down the boys kicked him, over and over, shouting, "[Get] that white [man]. This is for Trayvon ... Trayvon lives, white [man]. Kill that white [man]," according to a police report.

more: Man, 78, recounts assault by 6 youths in E. Toledo - Toledo Blade

I wonder what those white savages said to Emmit Till while they were beating the hell out of him before thos bastards shot him.

I CAN remember when I was called a racist name by a black child on a public bus with his mother. I don't think there was to much soul searching about that. I recall many racist things, many hateful sexist things blacks have done to me. People are like that. We all need to get beyond all that.

Forum List

Back