A question for U.S. Citizens

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by -Cp, Jan 4, 2005.

1. -Cp

-Cp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +363
    Howcome we're all concerned about a group of people who hate us (Tsunami victims who are largely muslim), but we don't take this same concern for our fallen hero's who don't even get a headstone when their buried? Howcome we don't rally this hard around the sick and hungry in our own country?

Howcome the mainstream media didn't show footage of those who jumped from the burning buildings on the 9/11 attacks but they're quick to show these "victims" - most of whom are U.S. - hating muslims?

Why does Pres. Bush order flags to fly at half-mast over this, but not over the cafeteria bombing a few weeks ago that killed quite a few of our boys over there?

[​IMG] - notice the kid wearing an Osama Shirt?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  2. no1tovote4

no1tovote4 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +616

Not only do they get a grave marker, but it is free. Even my father got one and he was far removed from the military by the time he died.

Remember we spent 11 billion on Florida after Hurricanes, we may spend 1 for 177,000 dead from a Tsunami.

However, not doing a thing there would make our job in Iraq even more difficult. Sometimes you have to play PR games and sometimes we care regardless of how those people may think of us.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    I like Michael Savage too, but sometimes, contrary to what he likes to say, he doesn't have all his facts straight.

I heard him railing about his last night during my drive home. Veterans get grave markers. Especially those killed in battle. A matter-of-fact, if they also have the right to be buried in Arlington. So somebody is either fucking with Michael's head or he is purposely spouting out false information.

4. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    And by the way, Aceh is primarily Christian, that is why there have been problems there between the Muslims and the Christians. Thailand is primarily Buddhist, India Hindu and Sri Lanka, in the south, where most of the damage occured, is also primarily Buddhist. So this destruction was actually piled upon mostly Buddhist and Christians.....

5. -Cp

-Cp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +363
    I never asked about them getting a "grave marker" - I specifically said a "headstone" something that's more honorable...

6. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    A headstone is a grave marker. They get a headstone. Haven't you ever seen those crosses, stars of david, etc. at Arlington?

My father died a couple of years ago and he was given a stone that read his name, date of birth, date of death, rank and "Korean War".

7. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    Perhaps you are referring to a large 3 x 3 standing marker or something like that. Why is that necessary?

8. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    Aren't there regulations governing the grave markers anyway?

9. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    In Arlington, yes. In private graveyards, I guess not as I have seen all kinds. But since Arlington has rules due to its historical significance, then those rules probably apply all over to keep with the spirit of the military making all in it equal.

10. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    Headstones and Markers