A question for those complaining about current protests

RetiredGySgt

Diamond Member
May 6, 2007
North Carolina
Where you opposed to the virulent name calling, and despicable personal attacks on Bush? The War protesters? The Democrats slashing tires before elections? The Democrats sending in loyal party members to the Republican Convention pretending to be Republicans so they could ambush Nominees and make a scene?

Where you opposed during the Clinton years to the Democrats that ILLEGALLY taped phone calls delivered them to Democratic Congressmen who then leaked them to the Press?

Where you one of the people that complained that anyone calling a war protester Unpatriotic was wrong? That anyone calling Bush names was unpatriotic was wrong?

Where you one of those people that claimed any dissent about Kerry was un American and despicable?

Where you opposed to the virulent name calling, and despicable personal attacks on Bush? The War protesters? The Democrats slashing tires before elections? The Democrats sending in loyal party members to the Republican Convention pretending to be Republicans so they could ambush Nominees and make a scene?

Where you opposed during the Clinton years to the Democrats that ILLEGALLY taped phone calls delivered them to Democratic Congressmen who then leaked them to the Press?

Where you one of the people that complained that anyone calling a war protester Unpatriotic was wrong? That anyone calling Bush names was unpatriotic was wrong?

Where you one of those people that claimed any dissent about Kerry was un American and despicable?

When Democrats acted like those disrupting the healtcare forums in protesting Bush I was against it.

I was against the one Democrat who illegally taped a Republican and leaked it to the press. McDermot was the Democratic congrssman that did it.

I feel some war protestors cross the line and are unpatiotic. I feel you can protest a war and be patriotic. If you feel strong enough against a war you are unpatriotic unless you voice the opposition in some way. I thought Bush was the worst President ever but some who protested him crossed the line.

The attacks on Kerry's Viet Nam service record crossed the line and were unpatriotic.

It's "freedom of speech" if you're a left wing kook ........

You're an extremist Nazi if you speak out against the left wing kooks .......

P.S. Sorry if i went a little off tangent, the board liberals will be along shortly to dishonestly answer your questions......

If a liberal or a conservative is honest and factual, then we are all better served. But if you commit oneself mindlessly and without continually fact checking and gut checking to a religion, or a philosopy, or a cause, then you are gonna get fooled. That is what happened to my party (wanting power so bad) that it let the neo-cons take over. No, Bush has no change of increasing his cred as did Truman. Bush is going to rate with Harding as all time worst GOP prez.

Although I later came to dislike what the Bush Administration (I do not dislike George Bush but I had problems with the administration) was doing I was opposed to the name calling and the attacks on the President. I thought the Democrats that slashed tires were despicable and although I don't remember them sending party members to disrupt the convention, I definitely remember them sending in people to disrupt "town hall meetings" about the war and the despicable way they treated the speakers. Isn't it funny how the Democrats are complaining about disruption of Health Care town hall meetings, but when it was War on Terror/Iraq meetings disruption was permissible?

Honestly, I hated politics at that time and didn't pay attention. I didn't like President Clinton and worried that he would bring abortion on demand without any restrictions at all to this nation. I was also very concerned about Hillary's endeavors into the health care debate.

I'm not so certain I understand your question here.

No, I did not complain that anyone calling war protesters unpatriotic was wrong although I did believe that they were wrong. I believed that both sides had the right to say what they wanted to say. I do not believe that those who protested the war were unpatriotic, if fact, I believe it was there duty to protest if they thought it was wrong, just as I am opposing HR 3200.

Lord, I hope they weren't unpatriotic because in the long run, for my own reasons I was opposed to the war or more accurately how it was being fought.

I did not complain that calling President Bush names was unpatriotic either although the vast majority of it was immature.

Absolutely not! I literally despised that arrogant jerk. I was one of those who spoke my mind about John Kerry and I didn't have many nice things to say about him.

Immie

I didn't slash any tires. I didn't infiltrate the RNC. I didn't call Bush any "virulent" names. I didn't make any personal attacks on Bush. I did protest the war, and I did vehemently disagree with Bush on nearly everything that he did in office, but I did it in a respectful way.

Democrat, not Democrats. That happened once, with one congressman. And yes, I was very opposed to that.

I don't think that protesting the war is unpatriotic, in fact if that's what someone believes, it would be unpatriotic to NOT protest the war. I don't think that calling Bush names is unpatriotic either, I just think it's stupid.

If you're talking about the Swiftboat people, than yes. That was very despicable. Un-American? I don't know.

I'm a fairly liberal guy - I don't consider myself a Democrat, but I certainly agree with Democrats more than I do with Republicans.

I also don't think that any of these people who are protesting the Town Halls are unpatriotic. I think that some of them are acting like assholes, sure. Anyone is allowed to protest against something they don't believe in. But if you're an asshole about it, then I consider you an asshole.

Forum List

Back