A question for the religious

I still don't understand the "We are destined to live in Heaven, that is why we are on Earth"-arguement posed by Christianity and Islam.

Why can't it be that we are meant for Earth, that is why we are on Earth?

There is nothing wrong with living in the present. There is also more to us than flesh and bone.

If your personality is not "of the flesh" how do you account for Alzheimer disease and schizophrenia?

What is it, exactly about what your religion promises that appeals to you? Is it the promise of setting eyes on deity? Is it the promise of a a Utopia free of illness and evil? Is it the mere promise of escaping death- for fear of death itself or for fear of the unknown? What is it about what you personally believe awaits you after death should you follow the commandments of your faith that draws you to it?

Firstly, let me please say that knowing Jesus Christ is not a "religion" for me. It's my personal relationship with Him. Just as you have relationships with your ma, pa, bro, or sis, or kids, this relationship to me, is the most important. God IS my life, the very truth of my life, and He gave me everything good in life. I'm blessed and thankful. He took, is taking, and will continue to take my sins upon that Cross, and I sure don't deserve it. I've never been so blessed than to know God and have the most initmate relationship with Him, and understand why it is we are here, and what is going to happen. He shows me about...

Acknowledging Him, our Lord our God, our Creator and giving Him Glory for all He has done
Love
Forgiveness
Guidance/Teaching
Comfort
Wisdom
Compassion
Grace

I'm sure much more, but think you get my gist.

Btw, one of the most common misconceptions is that we have to be "good" to get to heaven. --Can you name me one person on this earth who never lied, stole, etc? The Bible says if we break "one" of the laws, we are guilty of breaking them all. So we are all guilty. Jesus Christ FULFILLED the "law" - 10 Commandments. It means that, He alone paid our "sin debt" in full. Yes, we are to obey the commandments, but out of LOVE, not out of obligation, for where is the honesty in that? God knows our hearts, when we will come to Him in truth, seeking. He wants our hearts in full, as that is the only way to break the chains. When we know Who Jesus Christ is and that He is the truth, the revelation of His love frees us to want to obey - as there is no greater love. I want to love as He loves. I fail at it, but He is teaching me, day by day, minute by minute. I love Him so much and I cannot thank Him enough.

You can't Make Everyone be like you.
I repeat my earlier question:

How can your communion occur if everyone in heaven isn't of one mind any more than it does on Earth? Will God change people's minds somehow? Will only those who agree with you share your heaven? How do you account for human nature?
No One can. Locke's Point in part, We being Unique, learn to be true to Conscience, develop that bond, improve with age, by choice. I'm in no way telling you to believe like me. I'm telling you to listen to your own inner self, your own conscience.

My conscience tells me the world would be better without any humans in it... It tells me that developing the White Plague would be the best thing to happen since the Flood.

Better for who?

Forum List

Back