A question for the mods.....

swizzlee

RedWhiteAndBlue
Jan 8, 2011
on a mountain
Can you explain how repping works?

I just attempted to rep a poster and was told I had to spread the rep around. In checking I found that I had last repped this poster on 7-24, over 3 weeks ago.

Yet there is one poster on my rep list who repped me several times within a week or two.

Color me stupid but I'm not understanding this game :confused:

It only allowes you to rep the same person if you have repped others inbetween those reps.

You may not have repped enough other people in between

You have to rep a certain number of times between positive reps of individual posters. So if you're getting regular rep from someone, they're repping a lot of people in between the times they rep you.

And for negative reps, you must wait 48 hours at least between neg reps or you lose all ability to rep *forever*. Which means about 48 hours, if you play your hand and your campaign right.

So pos rep to your heart's content, it will enable you to pos rep people more quickly and lead to rep accumulation. Be careful with the negs.

Can you explain how repping works?

I just attempted to rep a poster and was told I had to spread the rep around. In checking I found that I had last repped this poster on 7-24, over 3 weeks ago.

Yet there is one poster on my rep list who repped me several times within a week or two.

Color me stupid but I'm not understanding this game :confused:
I think you have to rep 19 others before you come around to that particular person again...It's not a matter of time frame.

And whatever you do, don't let TM explain rep to you..she wants everybody to give up rep like she did.

When you get the "must spread" notice it means that you have to rep (positive or negative) other posters before you can rep the same person again.
I believe the number is 11, so you can only rep the same person every 12th time.
Go to your User CP (link on the upper left corner of every page) Scroll down away and you will see the last 20 reps you have given out. Count up from a person's name. If you count 8 reps to other people, you will need to rep other folks 3 times before you will be able to repeat rep to that person.

Hope this helps.

I'm very selective in my repping.............

The poster must provide a post that's above average quality. I rep when a post makes me say WOW! Right ON! Excellent analysis! I don't rep just to add stars to anyone. And as a result I have only 10 posts in between my current choice for rep.

I also don't neg unless a post crosses a line in my particular definition of what ugly is. I've neg repped only about 4 times. And, yes, a couple of them not surprisingly, neg repped back.

Thank you for your explanation.

When you get the "must spread" notice it means that you have to rep (positive or negative) other posters before you can rep the same person again.
I believe the number is 11, so you can only rep the same person every 12th time.
Go to your User CP (link on the upper left corner of every page) Scroll down away and you will see the last 20 reps you have given out. Count up from a person's name. If you count 8 reps to other people, you will need to rep other folks 3 times before you will be able to repeat rep to that person.

Hope this helps.
There ya go...Try that.

The poster must provide a post that's above average quality. I rep when a post makes me say WOW! Right ON! Excellent analysis! I don't rep just to add stars to anyone. And as a result I have only 10 posts in between my current choice for rep.

I also don't neg unless a post crosses a line in my particular definition of what ugly is. I've neg repped only about 4 times. And, yes, a couple of them not surprisingly, neg repped back.

If you really want to rep this person again, you will have to wait until you find one more exceptional post. I volunteer this one for consideration.

When repping, it is extremely important to pos rep me. The frequency with which you rep me is directly related to the rapidity your own rep accumulates.

Besides, it's a rule...for every rep you give someone else, you must give one to me.

If you really want to rep this person again, you will have to wait until you find one more exceptional post. I volunteer this one for consideration.

Yeah yeah, keep trying to pad your rep Ernie.... :lol:

Forum List

Back