A question for the Ladies here.

I think the diamonds are a cool idea..... Assuming that he knows his wife well enough to know whether or not she is a Rock Woman or not. Some of us (like me) love jewelry, some don't. So, given that he probably knows she will love a diamond, that's what we work with.

So, if it were me, I would go for an unusual impact on how you give her the diamonds. Perhaps hide them somewhere and do a treasure hunt....

Or, buy her another gift and put the diamonds in it. Friend of mine's husband bought her a really nice jewelry box - when she opened the box, he'd put another box inside with a pair of earrings - that was cute.

Or, if she's a lover of chocolate - and how many women don't love chocolate.... buy her really nice chocolate and hide the diamond earrings in it.

Put some thought into whatever it is - nothing is more important than showing someone that you thought about them.

Great suggestions! :D

Couple of years ago, a friend of mine's husband did this... with a little help from yours truly. His wife desperately wanted laser eye surgery... not a very romantic present but it was what she really wanted. So, we ordered a really nice box of chocolates from here....

Buy Chocolate Gifts – Luxury Chocolates and Christmas Gifts at Hotel Chocolat

He had them delivered to my place. He got a certificate for the surgery, and we put it in the box, wrapped it beautifully and he gave it to her on her birthday. He waited all day for her to open the box of chocs. Never said a word.... but she was so thrilled when she eventually did. It was cute.

I think the diamonds are a cool idea..... Assuming that he knows his wife well enough to know whether or not she is a Rock Woman or not. Some of us (like me) love jewelry, some don't. So, given that he probably knows she will love a diamond, that's what we work with.

So, if it were me, I would go for an unusual impact on how you give her the diamonds. Perhaps hide them somewhere and do a treasure hunt....

Or, buy her another gift and put the diamonds in it. Friend of mine's husband bought her a really nice jewelry box - when she opened the box, he'd put another box inside with a pair of earrings - that was cute.

Or, if she's a lover of chocolate - and how many women don't love chocolate.... buy her really nice chocolate and hide the diamond earrings in it.

Put some thought into whatever it is - nothing is more important than showing someone that you thought about them.

Great suggestions! :D

Couple of years ago, a friend of mine's husband did this... with a little help from yours truly. His wife desperately wanted laser eye surgery... not a very romantic present but it was what she really wanted. So, we ordered a really nice box of chocolates from here....

Buy Chocolate Gifts – Luxury Chocolates and Christmas Gifts at Hotel Chocolat

He had them delivered to my place. He got a certificate for the surgery, and we put it in the box, wrapped it beautifully and he gave it to her on her birthday. He waited all day for her to open the box of chocs. Never said a word.... but she was so thrilled when she eventually did. It was cute.

Now that is nice

I'm not a big jewelry fan, so I won't try to tell you whether to buy her both, but I will say if you do, you should give her the necklace for the anniversary and save the earrings for Christmas. A necklace is a centerpiece while earrings are an add on to me. Happy Anniversary anyway :)

Nice suggestion. :D

blood diamonds? 46 is young to me....really ladies...blood diamonds...diamonds are basically worthless stones...their prices are kept inflated by debeers...there are stones that are much prettier...dont be such stooges for the media campaigns on diamonds...they are not an investment....they do not appreciate...naw

diamonds arent the stone for me...

Bullfucking shit. I had a rock that cost $1500 when my first husband bought it in 1989. It's $6500 last I heard (my sister bought it from me when we divorced, she'd lost her ring and mine was gorgeous).

My second husband gave me the one carat diamond/platinum engagement ring his auntie was given somewhere in the 20s. I didn't have it appraised because I didn't want to let it out of my sight. But I promise you, it was worth much more than it was in 192whatever when the traveling salesman gave it to her.

Diamonds come with histories, and those histories add value.

Now the diamond industry, if it's corrupt and everything on the MOVIE "Blood Diamond" or whatever that show with Leo was is true, then that's a personal choice you get to make on your own.

ahh have you sold either diamond for a profit.....i can say something is worth xx but until i sell it ...it aint worth much....diamonds do not hold there value

Webster's dictionary defines investment as "an outlay of money for income or profit." Since most people purchase diamonds to be worn and not to be resold, diamonds are not a good investment. Only through proper education and training could diamonds become a good investment. For the average Joe, I would recommend buying a diamond for the enjoyment and prestige it brings and don't be too concerned about making a buck.

Diamond Education - Common Myths About Diamonds

Diamonds may not be a good investment for the average person, but they certainly aren't a bad investment. If a diamond is purchased at the right price, it will most certainly hold its value. Since the diamond crash of 1979, when D flawless diamonds fell in value from seventy-five thousand dollars to under fifteen thousand dollars, the price of diamonds has been increasing constantly.

i wonder how long it will take a d flawless to be 75 k again?

I'm not a diamonds girl, I do think they're cold. I love jewelry but I'd be more impressed with something that has more thought behind it. Anyone can just pick up a rock, but you have to really think about it and her to find the earrings that perfectly match her eyes or the necklace with a story behind it that's special to just the two of you. Whatever you do, make it personal.

I'm not a fan of diamonds so getting two similar presents so close together would make me think you were a lazy, unimaginative fuck. ;)

Unless she really, really loves diamonds give her something else for the second present.

:lol: Tell us what you really think, Ravi.

I have bought the Wife a Diamond pendant for xmas but on the 15th we celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary and having little imagination I am wondering whether to buy her the matching earrings or is that going to be too much of the same thing and a little bit overkill or would she like having basically the same present twice in quick succession? Or should I get something completely different?Suggestions please because I am a backward moron when it comes to stuff like this.

Roomy just think of me for a moment as Harriet Dresden.....give her the earings..... take her to dinner,tell her she is the greatest thing that has ever happened to you,and then when you get home.....just dont sit on the dam couch and fall asleep.....:lol:

Last edited:
I'm not a diamonds girl, I do think they're cold. I love jewelry but I'd be more impressed with something that has more thought behind it. Anyone can just pick up a rock, but you have to really think about it and her to find the earrings that perfectly match her eyes or the necklace with a story behind it that's special to just the two of you. Whatever you do, make it personal.

I didn't like diamonds until I got some. Big is better.

Unfortunately, they get hung up on stuff when you're working with horses. I'd take mine in to be cleaned and the jeweler was like, "What do you do, chop wood for a living or something?"

All women say they don't like diamonds and then when you wave a shiny thing in front of them it is like waving a lure in front of a big mouth bass.

All women say they don't like diamonds and then when you wave a shiny thing in front of them it is like waving a lure in front of a big mouth bass.

ALL women? Are you sure about that?

I would *NEVER* make such a rash statement.

In fact, my position in regards to Diamonds is 180 degrees opposite to your claim that "all women say they don't like diamonds and then when you wave a shiny thing in front of them it is like waving a lure in front of a big mouth bass". :rofl: :rofl:

Just as Marilyn Monroe always maintained

~~Diamonds are a girl's best friend!!! :D

In truth, whether any of us like diamonds or not, it is roomy's wife that matters.... not our opinions... very little actual help here besides us whining about whether we do or don't like diamonds.

I figure, if roomy's been with his wife for 30 years, then he should know she's gonna like diamonds... therefore the 'to buy or not to buy' is mute...

So, roomy, go for it.... pendent and earrings..... do something different about how you give them to her.

Horray for you for reaching such a milestone

In truth, whether any of us like diamonds or not, it is roomy's wife that matters.... not our opinions... very little actual help here besides us whining about whether we do or don't like diamonds.

I figure, if roomy's been with his wife for 30 years, then he should know she's gonna like diamonds... therefore the 'to buy or not to buy' is mute...

So, roomy, go for it.... pendent and earrings..... do something different about how you give them to her.

Horray for you for reaching such a milestone

I don't think he really wanted any help anyway. He hasn't posted since he asked the question.

<Shrug>

]

You don't have to, I will make enough rash statements for the both of us.

Yes, *ALL* women.

If I wave the right, shiny rock in front of you, your eyes will glaze over like a great white shark biting into a seal's ass or an Aussie sufer's board and you would fall for the rock as your instinctual programming demands.

You women can't help yourself.

Sort of like when you see my penis, your brain tells you no, but you say yes none the less.

Last edited:

]

You don't have to, I will make enough rash statements for the both of us.

Yes, *ALL* women.

If I wave the right, shiny rock in front of you, your eyes will glaze over like a great white shark biting into a seal's ass or an Aussie sufer's board and you would fall for the rock as your instinctual programming demands.

You women can't help yourself.

Sort of like when you see my penis, your brain tells you no, but you say yes none the less.

:lol: Trust me, you're far more resistible than you think.

You are using your brain, that always gets a woman into I Love Lucy type trouble.

Besides, they all say that at first, but they all give in to the lure of the wild.

And I do not even need to buy them shiny rocks.

Frogen's rocks keeps them comming back for more.

Last edited:

You are using your brain, that always gets a woman into I Love Lucy type trouble.

Besides, they all say that at first, but they all give in to the lure of the wild.

And I do not even need to buy them shiny rocks.

Frogen's rocks keeps them comming back for more.

No, you are using your brain in a masculine sort of way. You assume women think like you do. I don't get turned on by the sight of a penis like you would get turned on by the sight of a nude woman.

If any woman ever told you that, they were faking it. We like romance and sensuality among other things but if you think the sight of a penis coming at you with no feeling behind it is turning us on, you dreamed it up in one of your alcohol induced wet dreams. :cuckoo:

Last edited:
:eek: I am no further forward and probably a little bit more confused right now.

I bought her a Diamond ring last year and it went down a treat, I am hoping for the same reaction at Christmas with the Pendant but am worried Earrings on the anniversary will undermine the Christmas present somewhat and come across as a little bit unimaginative and samey?Some of you say, no, Diamonds are always a good present whereas some of you say buy and or do something different.I don't know:confused:

Forum List

Back