A question for the Ladies here.

roomy

The Natural
Apr 22, 2006
I have bought the Wife a Diamond pendant for xmas but on the 15th we celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary and having little imagination I am wondering whether to buy her the matching earrings or is that going to be too much of the same thing and a little bit overkill or would she like having basically the same present twice in quick succession? Or should I get something completely different?Suggestions please because I am a backward moron when it comes to stuff like this.

I have bought the Wife a Diamond pendant for xmas but on the 15th we celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary and having little imagination I am wondering whether to buy her the matching earrings or is that going to be too much of the same thing and a little bit overkill or would she like having basically the same present twice in quick succession? Or should I get something completely different?Suggestions please because I am a backward moron when it comes to stuff like this.

It's nice that you worry over it. Imo, you can't go wrong with diamonds, give her both on the two different days.

Hint: Diamonds are a girl's best friend. You can *never* go wrong with diamonds. They will fix just about anything. :D

Well, almost. There are some things they can't fix. Like even if Tiger goes and buys a house on a finger for Elin, it's gonna take more than that to fix things.

But if you haven't screwed up like he has, then go for diamonds. Lotsa pretty sparklies...she'll love 'em.

Happy 30th and Congratulations! That's a huge milestone not many achieve in this day and time. :clap2:

It's nice that you worry over it. Imo, you can't go wrong with diamonds, give her both on the two different days.

I'm with Sarah. If it's not going to break the bank, she will be one happy Mrs.

i am not with them...no more diamonds....take her someplace even if its just overnight.....drop the money on her...giving her attention....go to a spa....have massages (no happy endings kind, not the kind you are use too) make memories....

a diamond is cold...a diamond is hard...you cant hold a diamond at night and say....we grew old together....tell her its been a hell of a ride...and you never want the ride to stop....that is a lot better than diamonds....

dont listen to the young ones....they just see sparkle....and bling...show her more than that....

i am not with them...no more diamonds....take her someplace even if its just overnight.....drop the money on her...giving her attention....go to a spa....have massages (no happy endings kind, not the kind you are use too) make memories....

a diamond is cold...a diamond is hard...you cant hold a diamond at night and say....we grew old together....tell her its been a hell of a ride...and you never want the ride to stop....that is a lot better than diamonds....

dont listen to the young ones....they just see sparkle....and bling...show her more than that....

I'm 47 on the 29th of this month. I don't think I qualify as a "young one", but thanks all the same for the compliment! :D

And...when they're old and gray, she'll have those diamonds to look back on and remember what was going on in their lives at that specific moment in time and reminisce about days gone by.

That's something "old ones" like to do.....including me. :funnyface: :eusa_whistle:

Oh for God's sakes, are you even human?

GIVE THE WOMAN THE DIAMONDS. If you can afford it, always give diamonds or gold. And never, NEVER ask for them back.

That's how true men are identified. Fuck the motel room night. Save that for the hooker.

And screw massages. Touch my back and I'll use everything I know about pressure points and make the rest of your life a living hell.

I'm not a fan of diamonds so getting two similar presents so close together would make me think you were a lazy, unimaginative fuck. ;)

Unless she really, really loves diamonds give her something else for the second present.

Yep. That's the way to go. Definitely.

Diamonds last longer than men and retain their value. :lol:

blood diamonds? 46 is young to me....really ladies...blood diamonds...diamonds are basically worthless stones...their prices are kept inflated by debeers...there are stones that are much prettier...dont be such stooges for the media campaigns on diamonds...they are not an investment....they do not appreciate...naw

diamonds arent the stone for me...

I'm not a big jewelry fan, so I won't try to tell you whether to buy her both, but I will say if you do, you should give her the necklace for the anniversary and save the earrings for Christmas. A necklace is a centerpiece while earrings are an add on to me. Happy Anniversary anyway :)

I think the diamonds are a cool idea..... Assuming that he knows his wife well enough to know whether or not she is a Rock Woman or not. Some of us (like me) love jewelry, some don't. So, given that he probably knows she will love a diamond, that's what we work with.

So, if it were me, I would go for an unusual impact on how you give her the diamonds. Perhaps hide them somewhere and do a treasure hunt....

Or, buy her another gift and put the diamonds in it. Friend of mine's husband bought her a really nice jewelry box - when she opened the box, he'd put another box inside with a pair of earrings - that was cute.

Or, if she's a lover of chocolate - and how many women don't love chocolate.... buy her really nice chocolate and hide the diamond earrings in it.

Put some thought into whatever it is - nothing is more important than showing someone that you thought about them.

I'm not a fan of diamonds so getting two similar presents so close together would make me think you were a lazy, unimaginative fuck. ;)

But then you're not a "normal" woman, so consider the source....then ignore this comment. :funnyface: ;)

NORMAL women love their diamonds. Always have, always will.

They're truly a GIRL's BEST FRIEND! :D

Unless she really, really loves diamonds give her something else for the second present.

Matched sets of diamond earrings and pendants are AWESOME gifts, and an obvious choice for something incredibly special like a 30th Wedding Anniversary.

If you can afford them, go for broke and get the biggest and best stones you can afford! Your wife will have these beautiful pieces of jewelry to mark this special occasion for the rest of her life--and she will always remember the special day you gave them to her.

Diamond jewelry lasts longer than flowers and candy, Victoria's Secret or Hallmark greeting cards, perfume or DVDs.

Beautiful diamond jewelry tells a woman you're seriously in love with her.....even after 30 years of marriage.

I think the diamonds are a cool idea..... Assuming that he knows his wife well enough to know whether or not she is a Rock Woman or not. Some of us (like me) love jewelry, some don't. So, given that he probably knows she will love a diamond, that's what we work with.

So, if it were me, I would go for an unusual impact on how you give her the diamonds. Perhaps hide them somewhere and do a treasure hunt....

Or, buy her another gift and put the diamonds in it. Friend of mine's husband bought her a really nice jewelry box - when she opened the box, he'd put another box inside with a pair of earrings - that was cute.

Or, if she's a lover of chocolate - and how many women don't love chocolate.... buy her really nice chocolate and hide the diamond earrings in it.

Put some thought into whatever it is - nothing is more important than showing someone that you thought about them.

Great suggestions! :D

:rolleyes:

I'm not normal because diamonds don't impress me.

Twit...only someone as stupid as JE could make a thread with an innocent question into a platform to spew her bullshit. :clap2:

Personally I will never wear a diamond again. Take her to a cabin in the mountains.

Ask her what she thinks of the diamond idea. She may surprise you, and actually tell you what she wants. How did she like the pendent?

Have a billboard made in her honor :eusa_angel:

Forum List

Back