A question for some on the Left

JBeukema

Rookie
Apr 23, 2009
everywhere and nowhere
If you believe illegals have a right to labour and perform work for what payment they might honestly earn- without the government trying to stopping them as it's between the labourer(s) and the capitalist(s)... why don't you recognize that same right when it comes to citizens- after all, don't minimum wage laws violate that very principle?

If you believe illegals have a right to labour and perform work for what payment they might honestly earn- without the government trying to stopping them as it's between the labourer(s) and the capitalist(s)... why don't you recognize that same right when it comes to citizens- after all, don't minimum wage laws violate that very principle?

No because nobody with half a brain believes that immigrants are going to get anything close to minimum wage.

Mimimum wage ensures that Americans AREN'T paid what immigrants get.

• Banned
So, basically your complaint is that they're scabs?

So you oppose letting illegals work if they're less greedy than you- but you're cool with it if they join the Union and demand a pay raise whenever you do?

So you oppose letting illegals work if they're less greedy than you- but you're cool with it if they join the Union and demand a pay raise whenever you do?

If you'd like to actually have his conversation with ME, not just hear yourself respond to things I did not say, then perhaps you should debate what I have said.

Try again.

America makes billions off of undocumented low cost labor. We will never do anything about illegals as long as there is money to be made.

Money is also made by keeping the minimum wage artificailly low

America makes billions off of undocumented low cost labor. We will never do anything about illegals as long as there is money to be made.

BINGO !!!

We have a winner.

So we're back to the 'scabs' argument?

Its called ECONOMIC REALITY. Simple supply & demand for labor. If you are too idealistic to get that concept, you need to study reality more closely.
Exactly. They're competing with you on the supply side of the labour market.

You don't like that they can put-compete you, and so you want to put a top to it.

exactly the same as the unions the Right loves to complain about

you're making the same complaint (they'll work for less)

If I can work for a dollar as a fair wage, and an illegal works for $.25 for the same job

and you want the same thing (don't let them work, so you can demand more money) for the same reason (it's your 'right' to get paid more than you can demand n the free labour market)
I can't make my rightful wage.

artificially low?...what in the heck does that mean?

What that means is the GOP has protected employers who pay substandard wages by freezing minimum wages. Business makes profits off of low cost labor while the taxpayer has to subsidize their costs of food, housing and medical care.

WE the taxpayer pays to support these workers while businesses get rich off of their labor

Shouldn't the left argue for equal wage for illegal immigrants?

It could help stop employers from hiring Illegals while ensuring that I.I.s are treated with dignity!

Just a thought.

What that means is the GOP has protected employers who pay substandard wages by freezing minimum wages. Business makes profits off of low cost labor while the taxpayer has to subsidize their costs of food, housing and medical care.

WE the taxpayer pays to support these workers while businesses get rich off of their labor

:lol: what is "artificially"?

what are "substandard wages"?

I think you have created a strawman, as it is the right that supports lower wages, no benefits for the benefit of the capitalist corporatist. There is no benefit for the Liberals to have the open borders Bush gave us, or the One World Order Bush Sr. set in motion. I am not even sure, as a Liberal, we support the minimum wage, but a living wage instead.

The objection to illegals, the test if you will, is profiling US citizens in an attempt to arrest illegals, and that is a violation of US citizen rights.

Why is that a liberals only question?

Hmm, you oppose Capitalism for US citizens now? So that means you approve of low wage illegals? Spout some more on that.:eusa_angel:

I don't know if it's liberal or not but I'm of the opinion that we should do away with the illegal status. Everyone who is here who is not a citizen should have the right to work as a documented guest worker. They should get paid at least minimum wage but still pay all the taxes everyone else has to pay, including SS taxes as well.

Ah the ol' topic switcheroo.

It's so simple even a caveman can understand it.

Forum List

Back