A question for Republicans

I just watched a documentary about this person who tried to stay alive for one month on the generosity of others.

This wasn't someone on welfare. He had a good job and plenty of money.

But he wanted to test the humanity of his fellow citizens.

So he went on this long journey, touring America - using craigslist to stay alive.

Something interesting happened.

He met an Iraqi family who had fled Iraq and moved to LA. They invited him into their home - gave him food and shelter. They wanted to help him because he was a fellow human being.

Of all the people this person met on his 30 day adventure, the Iraqi family was the most generous. They actually hugged him and cried with him. They were poor but their generosity was inspiring.

Does this story disgust Republicans?

Most Republicans are Christians so this story is very heartwarming to us! Whatever do you mean by does this story disgust Republicans? Why would it? - Jeremiah

I was trying to make a point that the Muslim world is not filled with evil people.

You were desperately trying to find someone to say so, that you might then launch into your little pre-planned self righteous snit. When no one took the bait you carried on as if someone must think so because otherwise you have nothing at all to say. You are the one with prejudices, jackass.

I just watched a documentary about this person who tried to stay alive for one month on the generosity of others.

So he went on this long journey, touring America - using craigslist to stay alive.

He met an Iraqi family who had fled Iraq and moved to LA. They invited him into their home - gave him food and shelter. They wanted to help him because he was a fellow human being.

Of all the people this person met on his 30 day adventure, the Iraqi family was the most generous. They actually hugged him and cried with him. They were poor but their generosity was inspiring.

Most Republicans are Christians so this story is very heartwarming to us! Whatever do you mean by does this story disgust Republicans? Why would it? - Jeremiah

Most AMERICANS are Christians.

Do people in the country formerly known as England judge the jihad on the basis of a refugee Iraqi family living in America? No wonder they award knighthood to sissie piano players. You could make a reasonable conclusion that the Iraqi family in question would not be in the US if the Bush administration had not liberated the country.

No, it does not disgust anyone and why should it? What does disgust this Republcian is YOU and your inference. So high and mighty are the liberal left yet it is they that have f..ed up the country.

I was trying to make a point that the Muslim world is not filled with evil people. They are just like us - some good, some bad. I made the assumption that there was Islamaphobia on the right. I think many folks on the right believe that people in the Middle East are atavistic, and need to be saved, helped, or defeated by the West.

I don't think government is filled with Liberals and Conservatives. I think it is filled with politicians who get funded by special interests to vote for policies that help corporations large enough to have lobbyists or primary any politician who votes incorrectly.

Had Obama replaced Geithner with a Progressive, I'd say your paranoia was correct. But he replaced him with a free market Wall Street guy who believes that government should get out of the way of the financial innovators. There is no Left. The Left died with McGovern. Carter deregulated transportation and communications; Clinton declared the end of Big Government and made larger cuts to Welfare than Reagan.

The myth of the Left exists on talk radio and appeals to low information voters.
What you did was start a thread based on some ridiculous inference......It's blown up in your face.....Just admit it, and try thinking twice before starting a thread based on pure BS.

And YES the left is alive and kicking, cackling on like confused caged hens.....you're the prime example.

snip

I made the assumption that there was Islamaphobia on the right. I think many folks on the right believe that people in the Middle East are atavistic, and need to be saved, helped, or defeated by the West.

/snip

You know what assuming does, right

The right is not islamaphobic. We own assault weapons with 30 round magazines.

Seriously we don't care what religion you are. We do tend to trust you a bit more if you do have a religion as compared to atheism, but we read the Bill of Rights and are cool with Moslem's.
What we're not cool with are people that want to kill us, no matter the reason.

Atavistic? Throwbacks? Really?
Culturally backward, perhaps.

Would you be asking if the MOST generous were something other than immigrants? I'm assuming he survived on the generosity of other Americans or there would not have been a reason to question at all. So tell us, what is the real motive of this thread?

Definition of a Liberal

"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money."

When it comes to their own money, progressives are the stingiest mofos on the globe. LOL

Definition of a Liberal

"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money."

When it comes to their own money, progressives are the stingiest mofos on the globe. LOL
Yeah, Biden gave a lousy 300 bones to charity last year, and you know damn good and well that SOB wrote it off.

Perhaps the OP was less than eloquently expressed but it looked to me like he was simply calling out the Islamophobes with this story. I haven't been here long enough to know who the Islamophobes are but it's prolly safe to say the worst ones are conspicuous by their absence.

The story puts the lie to the traditional Islam-hate stereotypes, but it doesn't surprise me; Muslims I've known have been outstandingly generous. When I vagabonded France, they were the guys I hung out with. As the same kind of minority there, they knew where the work was, where to eat and sleep for cheap, how to get things done, and if I ever needed help they were right there for me without hesitation. They shared what they had, including personal stories, boundless belly laughs, and countless invitations to come visit them at their homes in Morocco and Algeria and Egypt and Sudan.

All of them were Muslims; few (if any) were religious. The one and only time I did see an anti-American rant (Iranian guy proselytizing for Khomeni), the other Muslims in the vicinity all descended on him to let him know that he was full of shit and a dumb sheep (in a nice way, of course, like we do here only kinder/gentler).

I made the perhaps unfair assumption that many Republicans on this board don't think Muslims capable of the highest forms of love and human decency. I made the assumption that many Republicans on this board believe that Muslims hate Americans. I was thinking about some of the things we heard during the Bush years - that Muslims hate freedom and need to be saved by the morally evolved West. Truth is, they don't need to be saved by Washington. They are not backward, pre-modern savages bent on killing others. The majority of them are decent humans. Only a tiny radical fringe group should be blamed and punished for 9/11. When a white person commits a murder, we don't launch a civilizational war to rebuild whole nations. A small group of radicals attacked us. Why can't we just go after the individuals who attached us? Why do we have to define them as Muslims or Islamofascists? Why can't we define them as individuals rather than bringing in their religion? Why do we have to save the world by imposing our political and economic model through top-down force from Washington. What if Washington isn't competent enough to save the world with democracy?

Last edited:

I made the perhaps unfair assumption that many Republicans on this board don't think Muslims capable of the highest forms of love and human decency. I made the assumption that many Republicans on this board believe that Muslims hate Americans. I was thinking about some of the things we heard during the Bush years - that Muslims hate freedom and need to be saved by the morally evolved West. Truth is, they don't need to be saved by Washington. They are not backward, pre-modern savages bent on killing others. The majority of them are decent humans. Only the radical fringe groups who do violence should be blamed for 9/11. When a white person commits a murder, we don't launch a civilizational war. A small group of radicals attacked us. Why can't we just go after the individuals who attached us? Why do we have to define them as Muslims or Islamofascists? Why do we have to save the world by imposing our political and economic model through top-down force from Washington. What if Washington isn't competent enough? What if we're not better than they are? What if they are good people and we're just needlessly intervening?

STFU

World Public Opinion: Attitude toward Osama bin Laden:

Egypt: 44% positive, 17% negative, and 25% mixed feelings
Indonesia: 14% positive, 26% negative, 21% mixed feelings (39% did not answer)
Pakistan: 25% positive, 15% negative, 26% mixed feelings (34% did not answer)
Morocco: 27% positive, 21% negative, 26% mixed feelings
Jordanians, Palestinians, Turks and Azerbaijanis. Jordanians combined for: 27% positive, 20 percent negative, and 27 percent mixed feelings. (Palestinians 56% positive, 20% negative, 22 percent mixed feelings).

http://www.worldpublicopinion.org/pipa/pdf/feb09/STARTII_Feb09_rpt.pdf

I made the perhaps unfair assumption that many Republicans on this board don't think Muslims capable of the highest forms of love and human decency. I made the assumption that many Republicans on this board believe that Muslims hate Americans. I was thinking about some of the things we heard during the Bush years - that Muslims hate freedom and need to be saved by the morally evolved West. Truth is, they don't need to be saved by Washington. They are not backward, pre-modern savages bent on killing others. The majority of them are decent humans. Only a tiny radical fringe group should be blamed and punished for 9/11. When a white person commits a murder, we don't launch a civilizational war to rebuild whole nations. A small group of radicals attacked us. Why can't we just go after the individuals who attached us? Why do we have to define them as Muslims or Islamofascists? Why can't we define them as individuals rather than bringing in their religion? Why do we have to save the world by imposing our political and economic model through top-down force from Washington. What if Washington isn't competent enough to save the world with democracy?

The fact that terrorist are using a bastardized form of Islam to justify themselves is not irrelevant to the discussion. Also considering the fact that there are 1.5 billion Muslims in the world, even a 10% minority are Islamic extremist is a butt load of people, can you say 150 million. While we agree that all Muslims are not terrorist, however there is one inescapable fact, that most all terrorist have been Muslims and as long as the moderate Muslims tolerate the existence of terrorist among them, the problem will continue. If you characterize just being aware of the facts as Islamaphobia, then your the fool, to have security you have to know your enemy and be prepared to face him.

You also seem to be quite willing to ignore the words of their leaders, they claim a right of religious domination of the world and think killing anyone is justified to that end. So forgive me if I think they're not kidding when they say things, like they want to destroy the US, and expect my government to be prepared to prevent it. I personally deal with people as people until I'm given reason to do otherwise, but we have extremist in this country that advocate its destruction and I will give them no quarter. How about you ask the people in FT Hood or the recruiters in Little Rock if there is a justifiable reason for concern, and getting all politically correct is part of the problem, not part of the solution.

The fact that terrorist are using a bastardized form of Islam to justify themselves is not irrelevant to the discussion. Also considering the fact that there are 1.5 billion Muslims in the world, even a 10% minority are Islamic extremist is a butt load of people, can you say 150 million. While we agree that all Muslims are not terrorist, however there is one inescapable fact, that most all terrorist have been Muslims and as long as the moderate Muslims tolerate the existence of terrorist among them, the problem will continue. If you characterize just being aware of the facts as Islamaphobia, then your the fool, to have security you have to know your enemy and be prepared to face him.

Oh you got that right. Let's know a few of these enemies right now, and prepare to face them. Look how many Muslims are on this list of bombers, shooters, Molotov-cocktail throwers, arsonists, drivers of cars into buildings and anthrax mailers committed over the last thirty years (and counting):

Reverend Paul Jennings Hill
Shelley Shannon
Matt Goldsby, Jimmy Simmons, Kathy Simmons & Kaye Wiggins
Michael Griffin
John Salvi
Father John Earl
James Kopp
Patricia Hughes and Jeremy Dunahoe
David McMenemy
Paul Ross Evans
Matthew Derosia
Tim McVeigh
Bobby Joe Rogers
Scott Roeder
Clayton Waagner
Francis Grady

--- and a guy who was a bit too close for comfort, actually hanging around my own neck of the woods, Eric Rudolph.

Oh wait, hang on ..... those are all Christians.

:oops:

You also seem to be quite willing to ignore the words of their leaders, they claim a right of religious domination of the world and think killing anyone is justified to that end.

Preach brother preach! :clap2:

Last edited:

You really are an idiot.

Forum List

Back