A question for Republicans

Maybe we should start a new thread asking Chris if he really is for increasing taxes on the middle class?

Maybe you should answer the question.

Should the idle rich, who don't work, pay taxes at a lower rate than people who do work?

In short..........no...........they should pay at a slightly higher rate than the working class, because the rich use more of the public resources, as their limos are heavier (more wear and tear on the roads) as well as they have large houses that need to be guarded by the police and answered to by the fire department.

And that's before we start talking about the public resources that the corporations use.

Personally? I think returning to the Clinton tax code would be the answer, but the greedy pricks in the 1 percent have gotten so used to the tax cuts, they're going to keep lobbying for more and more.

Middle class and the poor can't really afford to have Romney as president or his tax plan.

None of us can afford welfare for the wealthy.

Even the millionaires realize it....

Warren Buffett isn’t the only rich guy who wants to higher taxes on the rich.

A new survey from Spectrem Group found that 68% of millionaires (those with investments of $1 million or more) support raising taxes on those with $1 million or more in income. Fully 61% of those with net worths of $5 million or more support the tax on million-plus earners.

Millionaires Support Warren Buffett’s Tax on the Rich - The Wealth Report - WSJ

Should the idle rich, who don't work, pay taxes at a lower rate than people who do work?

john+kerry.jpg

not the working poor with families.

I would give them a break even if i had to pay more.

But you did not answer the question....

i did answer your question. I think everyone with income should pay the same percentage, no matter the form of income. If the system is not impartial, there will be those that fall victim to it. That is wrong, chris. It seems that the evidence of the angry mobs that want to pay little or nothing and dump the burden on the unsuspecting, is a conviction of an unjust system. You want to vote a tax increase, go for it. It is only fair that we all pay our fair share, rich or poor. 15% sounds good to me. Don't forget to include all of your benefits and perks as income. ;) the poor can pay their share too, considering the benefits they are getting.

How can the poor pay when they have no money????

You are taxed on your income, the same as everyone else. Deal with it. I'm poor and I can't pay my cable bill? Really? I'm poor and they are threatening to disconnect my cell phone? Yeah Right. I'm poor and I think I should not have to pay anything, but, but, but, but, I have the right to impose my will on others, against their will, at their expense. Those days are numbered. Learn to Prioritize.

You did not answer the question....

What makes you think they do ?

They don't, it is a bald faced lie. And either Chris knows it and is playing politics or he is to stupid to breed.

It's true....

The organization also noted that "Romney’s returns reveal that he paid an effective tax rate of 13.9% . . . far less than what many middle-class Americans pay. It’s also well below what wealthy people pay. The average effective tax rate for someone in Romney’s income bracket is 25%.

The Tuesday morning CAP news conference also emphasized that Romney paid almost nothing in payroll taxes, contributing just 0.1% of his income to Social Security and Medicare in 2010 via the payroll tax because the tax is assessed only on earned wages, but all of Romney’s income came from investments. Most working Americans pay 7.65%.

Romney taxes: Critics rip loopholes, lack of Social Security help - Los Angeles Times

In short..........no...........they should pay at a slightly higher rate than the working class, because the rich use more of the public resources, as their limos are heavier (more wear and tear on the roads) as well as they have large houses that need to be guarded by the police and answered to by the fire department.

And that's before we start talking about the public resources that the corporations use.

Personally? I think returning to the Clinton tax code would be the answer, but the greedy pricks in the 1 percent have gotten so used to the tax cuts, they're going to keep lobbying for more and more.

Middle class and the poor can't really afford to have Romney as president or his tax plan.

A new survey from Spectrem Group found that 68% of millionaires (those with investments of $1 million or more) support raising taxes on those with $1 million or more in income. Fully 61% of those with net worths of $5 million or more support the tax on million-plus earners.

I'll tell you what I support, eliminating Subsidies, with Rare Exception. Government needs an Intervention. We need an Impartial Referee. It is not the Referee's job to predetermine the outcome of the game, or pick winners and losers. Stop corrupting the rule of play.

You did not answer the question....

What makes you think they do ?

They don't, it is a bald faced lie. And either Chris knows it and is playing politics or he is to stupid to breed.

The percent of taxes one pays gets larger the more money you make. Capital gains tax is the same for everyone who saves money and makes interest off their money.

No one hears this. But I saw what my mother did in 30 years saving money from her minimum wage job and her Social Security. She understood compound intersest. If people want to pay that lower tax, then save money and earn interest on it.

My daughter is a 'Dave Ramsey' girl. Her first year out of college she had $10,000 in her 401K account. She supported herself, and didn't ask me for a dime after she graduated college. Her first job didn't pay a lot of money, only around $30K if I recall, but that was in 1999 - 2000. Now she owns her own home, and she still saves like a fiend.

i did answer your question. I think everyone with income should pay the same percentage, no matter the form of income. If the system is not impartial, there will be those that fall victim to it. That is wrong, chris. It seems that the evidence of the angry mobs that want to pay little or nothing and dump the burden on the unsuspecting, is a conviction of an unjust system. You want to vote a tax increase, go for it. It is only fair that we all pay our fair share, rich or poor. 15% sounds good to me. Don't forget to include all of your benefits and perks as income. ;) the poor can pay their share too, considering the benefits they are getting.

You are taxed on your income, the same as everyone else. Deal with it. I'm poor and I can't pay my cable bill? Really? I'm poor and they are threatening to disconnect my cell phone? Yeah Right. I'm poor and I think I should not have to pay anything, but, but, but, but, I have the right to impose my will on others, against their will, at their expense. Those days are numbered. Learn to Prioritize.

The rich who don't work can afford to pay a little bit more.

The working poor with families deserve a break.

If you can't see that, I feel sorry for you.

And the thought that government should spend less never enters your pointy fucking head?

Chris, I'm working poor. I pay my way and I live within my means. I get it. When will you. You need to open up your eyes to impartiality. Given the same set of circumstances, what applies to one applies indiscriminately to all.

You are looking through rose colored glasses placing undue burdon on people you know little or nothing about.

Consider Sales Tax. Should Sales tax, in your mind be based on what you spend or what you make?

I guess Chris doesn't want to explain why he doesn't live up to his own idea of fair taxation.

Oh well... nothing new here.

You are looking through rose colored glasses placing undue burdon on people you know little or nothing about.

Consider Sales Tax. Should Sales tax, in your mind be based on what you spend or what you make?

Some people spend every dime they make.

Laws of Mercy. when Chris writes a thread that starts with the catch-phrase "A Question for Republicans," it starts out being "A No-Win Question for Republicans" based on last week's false paint job by the DNC spin room, "idle rich."

Peel me a grape, Chris. I'm a Republican, and no one's ever done that for me before. :lmao:

Laws of Mercy. when Chris writes a thread that starts with the catch-phrase "A Question for Republicans," it starts out being "A No-Win Question for Republicans" based on last week's false paint job by the DNC spin room, "idle rich."

Peel me a grape, Chris. I'm a Republican, and no one's ever done that for me before. :lmao:

When he does, you better share! :lol:

So Chris, do you pay YOUR fair share, what the law says or everything you got to the collective?

Will you not agree that NOBODY deserves welfare? Not people or businesses?

If not, why not? Why are you prejudiced against achievement?

I paid $22,000 in federal taxes last year, but you did not answer the question.

Your "question" is quite "loaded."

To answer it, properly at least, would entail volumes. It has to get "unpacked."

The term "idle" for example is meaningless. If you mean "they don't work in the hot fields or factories, then you are simply placing a biased personal assumption about the "value" of their productive efforts on your valuation of their income. (i.e., presumably, those who toiled deserve to keep more of their income than those who earn it without toil).

More importantly, the entire question reeks of your ceaseless class warfare mentality.

On one level, it is EASY (albeit simplistic) to say that they shouldn't pay at a LOWER rate. BUT, things got to this point for a reason. Those WITH greater disposable income were being seduced into INVESTING it. Thus, they were rewarded (in the form of tax breaks) FOR investing. Their investments helped companies grow and this, in turn, creates JOBS.

The alternative, if they are going to get taxed at the same rate as all other income on the income they earn by investing, is that they are less likely to choose to invest that income. Companies have reduced access to investment money and cannot grow as easily and job growth gets suppressed.

So, yeah. Until the day comes when we have a FAIR tax INSTEAD of an income tax or a FLAT income tax, then there's nothing wrong in treating some earned income from investments at a preferential tax rate in order to stimulate the economy.

When he does, you better share! :lol:
Only if they're not sour. :)
Er, on second thought, I might stick with the Welch's in the fridge.

Last edited:
Once again you dumb ass, they pay the LEGAL rates based on what their income sources are. I don't see you screaming for all the rich Liberals to pay extra.

Because shitstain, they are able to BUY politicians to make what is clearly unethical "legal".

Why do you think Obama wants to end "insider trading" in congress. It's legal, but is it ethical?

Why do you think Boehner could pass out BRIBES on the house floor just before a vote. BECAUSE IT'S PERFECTLY LEGAL. So should "BRIBES" be legal? If you think they should, you are worse than I thought.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAC2xeT2yOg]Republican Minority Leader John Boehner explains why he handed out bribes on the House floor - YouTube[/ame]

Four fucking years and he's suddenly realized that insider trading is illegal for everyone except congress? Ohhhh yea, he really 'wants' to end it. Damn, you are such a sucker.... he's scared... and insider trading is the one thing he's got.

Suddenly, he realizes that he forgot his promise to 'clean up Washington'.

As if he didn't have enough Republican fuck ups to worry about.

I love how Chris waffles from:

funny-pictures-but-still-nawt-fayre.jpg

To his real desired goal:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8w5H6fkC4U]The Quick and the Dead[/ame]

And then he swiftly runs away when busted on it all.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgCq7oQ-dZE]Brave Sir Robin Fled - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back