A question for Muslims

Ok.. thanks..

So.. I know that Osama was raised as a Wahhabi Muslim in Saudi Arabia, but fairly certain that many of his followers are Sunni Muslims, correct?
Wahhabism is an especially backward ideology within Sunnism. You're correct; Osama and most of his followers are self-styled Sunnis who subscribe to Wahhabism.

Why is it ok for them to create and distribute video and audio of him? What about creating and distributing video of them beheading people?
Video and audio per se are fine. I have no reason to believe that Muhammad sought to preclude the development of those or any beneficial technologies.

It isn't ok for them to be beheading people at all. They use Islam as a political tool and seem to have little regard for those Islamic teachings that don't accommodate their extremism and violence.

Can you help me understand why each (Sunni and Shiites) are so certain that their particular brand of Islam is the ''true'' religion that they feel compelled to slaughter one another?
That conflict dates back to leadership disputes following the prophet's death. They've apparently never been solved and are still sources of sectarian enmity. Most of this hatred seems to be little more than an excuse to act out on other grievances, though.

Do you feel compelled to answer the call to ''jihad''?
Yes, but not as you describe it below.

I mean.. do you feel compelled by your beliefs to slaughter people because they do not believe as you do about God/Allah?
No, that would violate the fundamental principles of Islam as I understand it.

Howdy...

I've not personally been inside the home of a Muslim... but I have seen the news which have shown the inside of homes of Muslims which did indeed show both pictures and paintings of a family member...

Is there any difference if the person is dead? I've seen many pictures of supposed ''martyrs'' at memorials..

What about the terrorist who is Muslim? Haven't they made and distributed video of those that they viciously beheaded? Which is the greater sin? The vicious beheading or the making of the video?

What about Al-Qaida? Don't they make videos and audio tapes of Osama?

Thanks

Sunni Man,

I was hoping that you would respond to my queries regarding your statements on the prohibition of pictures and such within the Muslim faith. Additionally, I would like to ask about the posters carried by supporters of many clerics throughout the Mideast. Why does this seemed to be allowed and even encouraged? Also, how are you able to post pics (ex. Ann Coulter on toilet paper) with your replies? I seem to have difficulty understanding what ''pictures are forbidden'' means.

Thanks
To answer your other question.

You will NEVER find pictures of people or animals in any Mosque.

Also, there are No such pictures in any "religious" muslims home.

Ok.. thanks..

So.. I know that Osama was raised as a Wahhabi Muslim in Saudi Arabia, but fairly certain that many of his followers are Sunni Muslims, correct?
Wahhabism is an especially backward ideology within Sunnism. You're correct; Osama and most of his followers are self-styled Sunnis who subscribe to Wahhabism.

Why is it ok for them to create and distribute video and audio of him? What about creating and distributing video of them beheading people?
Video and audio per se are fine. I have no reason to believe that Muhammad sought to preclude the development of those or any beneficial technologies.

It isn't ok for them to be beheading people at all. They use Islam as a political tool and seem to have little regard for those Islamic teachings that don't accommodate their extremism and violence.

That conflict dates back to leadership disputes following the prophet's death. They've apparently never been solved and are still sources of sectarian enmity. Most of this hatred seems to be little more than an excuse to act out on other grievances, though.

Do you feel compelled to answer the call to ''jihad''?
Yes, but not as you describe it below.

I mean.. do you feel compelled by your beliefs to slaughter people because they do not believe as you do about God/Allah?
No, that would violate the fundamental principles of Islam as I understand it.

Ok.. thank you for your responses. Your answers pretty much square up with my understanding of Islam and the current ''condition'' of Islam (the sectarian infighting, the hijacking of Islam to further either a political agenda and/or the distorted view of Islam). I am assuming that you subscribe to the Sunni ''branch'' of Islam and seem to be very moderate (relatively speaking) and one who is a ''good'' ambassador for Islam.

I enjoyed the site you provided and hope that I may ask you questions in the future regarding your personal views and faith.

Ok.. thank you for your responses. Your answers pretty much square up with my understanding of Islam and the current ''condition'' of Islam (the sectarian infighting, the hijacking of Islam to further either a political agenda and/or the distorted view of Islam). I am assuming that you subscribe to the Sunni ''branch'' of Islam and seem to be very moderate (relatively speaking) and one who is a ''good'' ambassador for Islam.
Thank you.

I suppose I'd consider myself Sunni, but I'm sure most mainstream Sunnis take issue with certain positions of mine as I do with a few of theirs.

I enjoyed the site you provided and hope that I may ask you questions in the future regarding your personal views and faith.

It took me a while to figure out what you were talking about... I'd forgotten about the link in my signature. :lol:

I thought it summarized some of my beliefs nicely.

You're welcome to ask anything.

Goofy shits..............

Graven image, idol; an object of worship carved from
wood, stone, etc. "Thou shalt not make unto thee any
graven image." --Ex. xx. 4.
[1913 Webster]

By using videos to show beheadings, osama... muzzyz are embracing the western world and its technology, so in effect, they are using tools from a society that they are trying to destroy. So that makes them hypocrites. If they were true to their muzzy teachings, they would only use stuff created by muzzyz, which would mean no more inventions from the west, like bumwad, lol.

Kalam is ready for jihad? Come to my house and we'll have it out right now, you dumb sand ******. Personally, if I was GW Bush, I would have carpet bombed the whole area with nukes a long time ago. Do you sheet your women and not your camels cuz the camels are cuter? Or are you all ashamed of the ugly women you got stuck with?

By using videos to show beheadings, osama... muzzyz are embracing the western world and its technology, so in effect, they are using tools from a society that they are trying to destroy. So that makes them hypocrites. If they were true to their muzzy teachings, they would only use stuff created by muzzyz, which would mean no more inventions from the west, like bumwad, lol.

Kalam is ready for jihad? Come to my house and we'll have it out right now, you dumb sand ******. Personally, if I was GW Bush, I would have carpet bombed the whole area with nukes a long time ago. Do you sheet your women and not your camels cuz the camels are cuter? Or are you all ashamed of the ugly women you got stuck with?
I can't tell if you really mean the stuff you say in your ravings or if you are satirizing anti Muslim bigots.
Whatever the case, you do provide some comic relief.

Black humor.

I LOL at you, though your schtick leaves me ill at ease.

It's a sad reality that some have reduced entertainment to ''flaming'' others... it is quite apparent that the poster really has nothing to add to this discussion other than displaying their ignorance, bigotry, and disturbing need for attention.

It's been said that it is better to remain silent and have others believe you to be a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

well said, I believe islam is not a religion but a cult

Islam is an artless religion.

I am not a religious man or even a believer in God but i appreciate the masterpieces that were inspired by religion. in fact some of the most meaningful engineering advances were a result of religion.

Islam does not seem to inspire but rather to repress man's need for creativity.

Further, consider that there are about as many Spanish speakers as there are Arabic speakers, but more books are translated into Spanish in a single year than have been translated into Arabic in the last millennia.

Do you see any significance to this fact?

Rosetta had tranlsated about thirty books into Farsi, Arabic, Turkic, and at least two other languages spoken by far eastern Moslems in the last few years.

I'm afriad that who ever suggested the above doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about.

Further, consider that there are about as many Spanish speakers as there are Arabic speakers, but more books are translated into Spanish in a single year than have been translated into Arabic in the last millennia.

Rosetta had tranlsated about thirty books into Farsi, Arabic, Turkic, and at least two other languages spoken by far eastern Moslems in the last few years.

I'm afriad that who ever suggested the above doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about.

Muzzyz don't read because they use any book's pages to wipe their asses, you too would get tired of wiping your ass with your bare hand, try it some time, you'll see you'll be reaching for the first book you see.

Appropriate use of phrase, you should be afraid. Very afraid. Your ignorance is showing.

"Interestingly, the report found that the total number of books translated into Arabic yearly is no more than 330, or one-fifth of those translated in a small country like Greece.

Indeed, the total number of books translated into Arabic during the 1,000 years since the age of Caliph Al-Ma’moun [a ninth-century Arab ruler who was a patron of cultural interaction between Arab, Persian, and Greek scholars—WPR] to this day is less than those translated in Spain in one year."
Arab Human Development Report - Worldpress.org

"Back in 2003 we all gasped in shame when a UN report pointed out that more books are translated into Spanish a year than have been translated into Arabic in a millennium. We gasped but we were not surprised, not really. "
Translating More Books Into Arabic

Is it just me, or do your posts reek of "Hey, I know something too!"

Muzzyz don't read because they use any book's pages to wipe their asses, you too would get tired of wiping your ass with your bare hand, try it some time, you'll see you'll be reaching for the first book you see.
I save on toilet paper by printing out your posts and using them instead.

I've found them to be very absorbent and squeezably soft.

Appropriate use of phrase, you should be afraid. Very afraid. Your ignorance is showing.

"Interestingly, the report found that the total number of books translated into Arabic yearly is no more than 330, or one-fifth of those translated in a small country like Greece.

Indeed, the total number of books translated into Arabic during the 1,000 years since the age of Caliph Al-Ma’moun [a ninth-century Arab ruler who was a patron of cultural interaction between Arab, Persian, and Greek scholars—WPR] to this day is less than those translated in Spain in one year."

"Back in 2003 we all gasped in shame when a UN report pointed out that more books are translated into Spanish a year than have been translated into Arabic in a millennium. We gasped but we were not surprised, not really. "

I'm eagerly waiting to see how this is attributable to Islam.

Excluding the Qur'an, how many Arabic works do you believe are translated into English and widely circulated here? Have you read the philosophical works of Ibn Rushd or al-Ghazali? Are you familiar with al-Khwarizmi's mathematical work or Qutb's writings on religious radicalism?

I'm eagerly waiting to see how this is attributable to Islam.

I've read a great deal about both the Koran and Qutb.

Consider the culture that owes its genesis, its direction, and its results to the Koran.

"Nearly one in three people in the Arab world is illiterate, including nearly half of all women in the region, the Tunis-based Arab League Educational Cultural and Scientific Organisation (Alecso) said Monday....some 46.5% of women in the region are illiterate...
While illiteracy affects the entire Arab world, the more highly populated countries - such as Egypt, Sudan, Algeria and Morocco - are particularly vulnerable. "
Illiteracy plagues Arab world - Politics & Economics - ArabianBusiness.com

Does the Koran authorize the education of its women? Or is it filled with pride over the misogyny we are all too familiar with?

Do the limited number of universites in the Moslem world teach learning, exchange ideas, or simply interpret and reinterpret the Koran as the source of all knowledge?

"The causes of Arab underdevelopment identified in the report are lack of freedom, marginal participation of women in public life and educational backwardness.Arab people enjoy least freedom compared to any other region in the world..."
Al Fin: Arab Illiteracy and Other Omens of a Stormy Future

The backwardness of the society makes them fodder for all the totalisms, such as Nazism, Communism, and Islamism.

What is your explanation for this, other than the book which gives all laws, rules, customs, statutes and restrictions?

And why do you bring up the Marxist-radical-homocidal-Western hating Qutb? Have you read the 30 volumes of "In the Shade of the Koran"? Are you proud of his influence?

The lack of creativity that we see in the Moslem world today is in proportion to the crushing out of individuality by the Koran and the echo of same in works of maniacs like Qutb. Doesn't he demonize individuality, or in the term he likes to use, 'desires,' in "Milestones"?

Consider the culture that owes its genesis, its direction, and its results to the Koran.

"Nearly one in three people in the Arab world is illiterate, including nearly half of all women in the region, the Tunis-based Arab League Educational Cultural and Scientific Organisation (Alecso) said Monday....some 46.5% of women in the region are illiterate...
While illiteracy affects the entire Arab world, the more highly populated countries - such as Egypt, Sudan, Algeria and Morocco - are particularly vulnerable. "

Does the Koran authorize the education of its women? Or is it filled with pride over the misogyny we are all too familiar with?

Do the limited number of universites in the Moslem world teach learning, exchange ideas, or simply interpret and reinterpret the Koran as the source of all knowledge?

"The causes of Arab underdevelopment identified in the report are lack of freedom, marginal participation of women in public life and educational backwardness.Arab people enjoy least freedom compared to any other region in the world..."

The backwardness of the society makes them fodder for all the totalisms, such as Nazism, Communism, and Islamism.

What is your explanation for this, other than the book which gives all laws, rules, customs, statutes and restrictions?

And why do you bring up the Marxist-radical-homocidal-Western hating Qutb? Have you read the 30 volumes of "In the Shade of the Koran"? Are you proud of his influence?

The lack of creativity that we see in the Moslem world today is in proportion to the crushing out of individuality by the Koran and the echo of same in works of maniacs like Qutb. Doesn't he demonize individuality, or in the term he likes to use, 'desires,' in "Milestones"?
Do you think illiteracy might possibly be related to poverty?

Or do you think illiteracy in Appalachia during the last century was due to Christianity?

What's your excuse for your own ignorance?

Or do you think illiteracy in Appalachia during the last century was due to Christianity?

And in what section of the bible did you find instructions on how to beat wives as in Sura 4:34, or which Christian sect restricts education to males, or practices female genital mutilation?

Now, what was that about ignorance?

which Christian sect practices female genital mutilation?
Ethiopian Christians, among others. But I think you know very well (if you are as well read about the Islamic world as you want us to believe) that female circumcision/mutilation is not a religious custom but a cultural one. It's been practiced since way before the founding of Islam. So has male circumcision. It's done by a rabbi on Jews. Any problem with that for you?

And in what section of the bible did you find instructions on how to beat wives as in Sura 4:34, or which Christian sect restricts education to males, or practices female genital mutilation?
The Bible has sections that can and are interpreted by zealots to mean many sorts of abominations are permissible just as you and anyone else can find a way to interpret the Koran to say what you want it to say.

Now, what was that about ignorance?[/quote]

Now what was that about poverty? You avoided my question.

Forum List

Back