A question for Muslims....

You forgot the crack she made about our troops being on drugs... That one was a classic.

It's a stereotype. How many troops came home from Viet Nam hooked on drugs. Didn't you see "Platton?" How about "Apocolypse Now?"

NEXT!

Gabriella84 said:
Incredibly ludicrous statement comparing apples to oranges. :rolleyes:

NEXT!

Why don't you try actually disputing his points (which I find to be quite legitimate, and accurate) rather than just blowing him off with a "NEXT!"?

Gabriella84 said:
Incredibly ludicrous statement comparing apples to oranges. :rolleyes:

NEXT!
lol - says who? You? Your condescensionb was/is obvious. Why don't you admit who you are instead of trying to be a Cameleon and changing when you get busted. Stand up for what you believe instead of making remarks then trying to backtrack and act like you didn't. It is obvious to EVERYBODY here what you are doing. You don't have a backbone at all.

Gabriella84 said:
It's a stereotype. How many troops came home from Viet Nam hooked on drugs. Didn't you see "Platton?" How about "Apocolypse Now?"

NEXT!

LOL. you're going to cite movies as your credible sources? LOL....

Gabriella84 said:

NEXT!

How about learning to spell "Platoon", since you're so quick to point out others typos. Bitch.

Shattered said:
Why don't you try actually disputing his points (which I find to be quite legitimate, and accurate) rather than just blowing him off with a "NEXT!"?
She has no ability to take me on. Her debating skills are amateurish at best. I bet she give a good blowjob though... she is so full of hot air.

Shattered said:
How about learning to spell "Platoon", since you're so quick to point out others typos. Bitch.
Now I see where she got her education... from watching fantasy movies! lol

"No event in American history is more misunderstood than the Vietnam War. It was misreported then, and it is misremembered now. Rarely have so many people been so wrong about so much. Never have the consequences of their misunderstanding been so tragic." [Nixon]

The Vietnam War has been the subject of thousands of newspaper and magazine articles, hundreds of books, and scores of movies and television documentaries. The great majority of these efforts have erroneously portrayed many myths about the Vietnam War as being facts. [Nixon]
Myth: Most American soldiers were addicted to drugs, guilt-ridden about their role in the war, and deliberately used cruel and inhumane tactics.

The facts are:

91% of Vietnam Veterans say they are glad they served.

74% said they would serve again even knowing the outcome.

There is no difference in drug usage between Vietnam Veterans and non veterans of the same age group (from a Veterans Administration study).

Isolated atrocities committed by American soldiers produced torrents of outrage from antiwar critics and the news media while Communist atrocities were so common that they received hardly any attention at all. The United States sought to minimize and prevent attacks on civilians while North Vietnam made attacks on civilians a centerpiece of its strategy. Americans who deliberately killed civilians received prison sentences while Communists who did so received commendations. From 1957 to 1973, the National Liberation Front assassinated 36,725 South Vietnamese and abducted another 58,499. The death squads focused on leaders at the village level and on anyone who improved the lives of the peasants such as medical personnel, social workers, and schoolteachers. Atrocities - every war has atrocities. War is brutal and not fair. Innocent people get killed.

Vietnam Veterans are less likely to be in prison - only 1/2 of one percent of Vietnam Veterans have been jailed for crimes.

97% were discharged under honorable conditions; the same percentage of honorable discharges as ten years prior to Vietnam.

85% of Vietnam Veterans made a successful transition to civilian life.

Vietnam veterans' personal income exceeds that of our non-veteran age group by more than 18 percent.

Vietnam veterans have a lower unemployment rate than our non-vet age group.

87% of the American people hold Vietnam Vets in high esteem.

Gabriella84 said:

NEXT!

try "We were soldiers" Mel Gibson did a more realistic job...was there...were you?.....opps sorry forgot your age... you were not even a sperm yet! :piss2:

archangel said:
try "We were soldiers" Mel Gibson did a more realistic job...was there...were you?.....opps sorry forgot your age... you were not even a sperm yet! :piss2:
Speaking of Hal Moore (the actual person Gibson played in the movie...) Did you see the documentary last night on the military channel about the role of the Huey in Vietnam? They interview Mr. Moore and a lot of guys from 2/7 Cav. It was a very good documentary.

Shattered said:

She had better cool it or I can see you paying her a visit........... :rotflmao:

freeandfun1 said:
Speaking of Hal Moore (the actual person Gibson played in the movie...) Did you see the documentary last night on the military channel about the role of the Huey in Vietnam? They interview Mr. Moore and a lot of guys from 2/7 Cav. It was a very good documentary.

Excellent documentary...Col.Moore rocks today as he did yesterday...I got my first Huey ride in basic at Ft.Ord,Ca. 1964...pre establishment of the reborn 7th cav...they were testing the viability of Air Cav ops!

New Topics

Forum List

Back