A question for Muslims....

-Cp

Sep 23, 2004
Earth
Whenever there's an attack by muslims - like the one in London recently - hell even after 9/11 - howcome we NEVER hear Muslim leaders from around the world come out and publicly comdemn those acts?

About all I ever hear is a few regular muslims call into talk radio shows and say that those bombers don't represent the mainstream muslims. Why the HELL don't the leaders of that faith do the same? EVERY other religious leader does (the pope etc), but folks who are being "misrepresented" by those freaks sit silent, that really pisses me off.. .

Because:

A. They don't condemn the attacks.

B. They are afriad to condemn the attacks for fear of being next.

C. They use the "locals" as their mouthpiece so they can stay under the radar.

D. All of the above.

-Cp said:
Whenever there's an attack by muslims - like the one in London recently - hell even after 9/11 - howcome we NEVER hear Muslim leaders from around the world come out and publicly comdemn those acts?

About all I ever hear is a few regular muslims call into talk radio shows and say that those bombers don't represent the mainstream muslims. Why the HELL don't the leaders of that faith do the same? EVERY other religious leader does (the pope etc), but folks who are being "misrepresented" by those freaks sit silent, that really pisses me off.. .

Thats because they are to busy providing safe houses...and cheering from the sidelines! :ali: don't ya know!

-Cp said:

I am so glad you brought this up. This question is like the proverbial elephant in the room. Many of us think about it, but it is rarely discussed. Yet I would argue that it is one of the most important questions we could ask. Any answers I can come up with are too disturbing to contemplate.

And it pisses me off, too.

• Thanks
Reactions: -Cp

Do you not listen? Within an hour of the London attacks, the Muslim leader of England contacted Tony Blair with his condolences and condemnation of the attack. Blair mentioned it in both of his speeches. Muslim clerics throughout the world denounced the attacks, just as they did on Sept. 11.
It was only the extremist factions that goaded over the attacks. Just as the militant evangelical "Christian" groups in the U.S. celebrate each time hundreds of Iraqis die in attacks.

What is with this blanket condemnation of Islam as a religion? You have perhaps five percent of the sect as radical fundamentalists bet on destruction. That is like non-Christians blaming everyone for Andrea Yates or Terry Nichols. Jim Jones served the Purple Kool Aid to almost 1,000 followers in the name of God. David Koresh operated his compound in Waco in the name of God. Both professed to be Christians. Who knows how many serial killers have carried out their acts because they heard "voices from God."
Is this what Christianity teaches people? It is certainly not what my faith teaches me. My Christian faith teaches me to love and respect my fellow man. I don't know what yours teaches you.

My Christian faith teaches me to love and respect my fellow man.

When do you start? Or, does it teach you to only love and respect people that you *think* worthy, or that love and respect you first? Your posts throughout this entire board are nothing but one giant contradiction.. You've pissed on our troops, you've pissed on our country's leaders, and you've pissed on the people on this board... Where's the love and respect?

Gabriella84 said:
Do you not listen? Within an hour of the London attacks, the Muslim leader of England contacted Tony Blair with his condolences and condemnation of the attack. Blair mentioned it in both of his speeches. Muslim clerics throughout the world denounced the attacks, just as they did on Sept. 11.
It was only the extremist factions that goaded over the attacks. Just as the militant evangelical "Christian" groups in the U.S. celebrate each time hundreds of Iraqis die in attacks.

What is with this blanket condemnation of Islam as a religion? You have perhaps five percent of the sect as radical fundamentalists bet on destruction. That is like non-Christians blaming everyone for Andrea Yates or Terry Nichols. Jim Jones served the Purple Kool Aid to almost 1,000 followers in the name of God. David Koresh operated his compound in Waco in the name of God. Both professed to be Christians. Who knows how many serial killers have carried out their acts because they heard "voices from God."
Is this what Christianity teaches people? It is certainly not what my faith teaches me. My Christian faith teaches me to love and respect my fellow man. I don't know what yours teaches you.

Links please. I have yet to hear or see of a "celebration" by evangelical Christians at the first word of deaths of 100's of Iraqis.

Gabriella84 said:

I don't know Gabby, I suppose it's reading story after story of Imams calling for the death of this leader and that. Then again, could be something like this:

http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=16852

The Dark Side of the Muslim Council of Britain
By Chris Blackburn
FrontPageMagazine.com | February 3, 2005

On January 27, citizens of the world observed Holocaust Remembrance. In Britain, an official commemoration took place in London’s Westminster Hall, bringing together religious and political leaders from around the country. Prime Minister Tony Blair attended, along with Queen Elizabeth. The only hitch was an inflammatory political statement issued by the Muslim Council of Britain (MCB), the UK’s largest Muslim organization.

MCB Secretary General Iqbal Sacranie boycotted the Westminster event, which he accused of neglecting the “ongoing genocide and human rights abuses around the world and in the occupied territories of Palestine.” Sacranie’s statement was swiftly condemned by the British press and its political community. Khalid Mahmood, a Muslim Labour MP, termed the boycott as “a mistake.” To avert a public-relations disaster, Sacranie backtracked and called reports of the MCB’s boycott “misleading and distorted.”[1].

Sacranie’s decision to boycott the Holocaust memorial tainted his character -- but it was not the first indication of the MCB leader’s unsavory politics. Sacranie has links to Chowdhury Mueen-Uddin, an alleged war criminal and MCB associate.

Chowdhury Mueen-Uddin is believed to have been instrumental in plotting the assassinations of intellectuals, journalists and students during the 1971 Liberation War in East Pakistan (now Bangladesh). A documentary aired in the UK ten years ago highlighted Mueen-Uddin’s alleged role in the murder of Dr. M.H Choudhaury, a professor at the University of Dhaka, and Najmul Huq, a journalist. The program, The War Crimes File, includes eyewitness accounts linking Mueen-Uddin to the deaths of these men. Assisting in the assassinations was the Jamaat-i-Islami (JI), a fundamentalist group is prominent in Southeast Asia.[2]

The JI is allied with both Saudi Wahhabism and Pakistan’s fundamentalist Deobandi sect. During the 1971 Liberation War, the JI helped to form death squads with the Pakistani Army to execute those who opposed Islamist rule. Human rights groups in Bangladesh are still trying to bring the accused murderers to trial.[3]

More direct than Mueen-Uddin’s ties to JI is his relationship with the Islamic Foundation. He is deputy director of the Leicester, UK-based group, which acts as the UK headquarters of the Pakistani JI.[4] In fact, the Founation’s first Director General was Khurshid Ahmed, who had been a leader in the JI. In Pakistan, JI leaders government of aiding the Taliban and al-Qaeda. Khaled Sheikh Mohammed, mastermind of the 9/11 attacks on America, was captured in the home of a JI leader.[5]

Sacranie’s connection to Islamist radicals raises serious questions about the MCB leader’s legitimacy as a spokesman for British Muslims. As the largest Muslim organization in the UK, the MCB acts as an umbrella for smaller groups. The MCB today presents itself as a credible source for human rights work; politicians consult with the group to formulate or review British government policy. To truly improve the lot of British Muslims, however, the organization must demonstrate its willingness to work with other religious and political groups. Iqbal Sacranie must be replaced with a moderate Secretary General, or the MCB will be forever tarnished as an appeaser of terrorism and genocide.

Gabriella84 said:
Do you not listen? Within an hour of the London attacks, the Muslim leader of England contacted Tony Blair with his condolences and condemnation of the attack.
In Islam there is no one "leader" as there is the head of the Catholic Church, Baptist, etc. So you don't know what the hell you are talking about. Each Mosque is run separately.

Gabriella84 said:
Muslim clerics throughout the world denounced the attacks, just as they did on Sept. 11.
If this is the case you should be able to find many news stories on the subject so why don't you educate us and link us to a few articles. I posted an article recently from Al Jazeera where the President of Iran said his goal is to "spread the Revolution of Islam world wide". Doesn't sound like condemnation to me and he is a leader of an Islamic Republic.

Gabriella84 said:
Just as the militant evangelical "Christian" groups in the U.S. celebrate each time hundreds of Iraqis die in attacks.
Again, why don't you educate us and link us to anything that proves that leaders of the Christian Churches revel in the death of Iraqis. I could link to several articles where Christian churches have come out against the war. So once again, your ignorance of the facts shines through.

Gabriella84 said:
What is with this blanket condemnation of Islam as a religion? You have perhaps five percent of the sect as radical fundamentalists bet on destruction.
Ignorance again. Islam is not a "sect" it is a religion made up of various sects. You might need to re-attend school.... Let's take the number YOU throw out there...

There are an estimated 1.3 BILLION Muslims in the world. 5% of 1.3 BILLION is 65 MILLION. That is a lot of people bent on destroying anybody not Muslim. D'oh!

Gabriella84 said:
That is like non-Christians blaming everyone for Andrea Yates or Terry Nichols. Jim Jones served the Purple Kool Aid to almost 1,000 followers in the name of God. David Koresh operated his compound in Waco in the name of God. Both professed to be Christians. Who knows how many serial killers have carried out their acts because they heard "voices from God."
WTF? None of that makes sense.

Terry Yates murdered her children. Terry Nichols?? What does he have to do with Christianity? Also, you better study up on the OK City bombing.... you'de be surprised... David Koresh... he and nearly 100 women and children were killed by the Clinton admin for sitting in their compound harming nobody. Those people CHOSE to follow him. They were not forced. Same with Jim Jones. Those people CHOSE to kill themselves.

Most serial killers say they hear voices from the devil, not God. Furthermore, satan considers himself a god so one's god is not another's god. You make no sense at all. You ramble on like you think you know what you are talking about but you are obviously an uneducated simpleton.

• Thanks
Reactions: -Cp
Shattered said:
When do you start? Or, does it teach you to only love and respect people that you *think* worthy, or that love and respect you first? Your posts throughout this entire board are nothing but one giant contradiction.. You've pissed on our troops, you've pissed on our country's leaders, and you've pissed on the people on this board... Where's the love and respect?
She provides love an respect to the highest bidder.

You've pissed on our troops, you've pissed on our country's leaders, and you've pissed on the people on this board... Where's the love and respect?

A -- I've never shown disrespect for our troops. They are doing a difficult job.

B -- As Mark Mothersbaugh once said "Our nation is led by a retarded cowboy and his hate-filled posse."

C -- Some posters on this board have earned my respect. Others have not.

Gabriella84 said:
A -- I've never shown disrespect for our troops. They are doing a difficult job.

B -- As Mark Mothersbaugh once said "Our nation is led by a retarded cowboy and his hate-filled posse."

C -- Some posters on this board have earned my respect. Others have not.

You're going to make me go dig out every one of your posts wherein you disrespected our troopes (current and past), aren't you?

If your religion teaches you to hate people that you don't know or understand, I am glad that I am not a part of it. My faith teaches me to love my fellow human being.

You're going to make me go dig out every one of your posts wherein you disrespected our troopes (current and past), aren't you?

Dude, knock yourself out. But learn how to spell troops first. :eek:

Gabriella84 said:

Gabriella84 said:
I am very thankful for all the soldiers who defended America during the second World War, and who did what they were summoned to do during Korea and Viet Nam. Since then, our country has had an all-volunteer military.
Your ommission of those currently serving was an overt act of disrespect perpetuated on purpose by YOU. Furthermore, you went on to say that their jobs are equivalent to that of a teacher. Another act of disrespect. I don't know too many teachers that have been killed or have lost limbs teaching classes but I know thousands of soldiers that have while defending your right to spiel the shit that comes forth from your mouth.

Note: I know there are a very few teachers that have been killed while teaching.

freeandfun1 said:
Your ommission of those currently serving was an overt act of disrespect perpetuated on purpose by YOU. Furthermore, you went on to say that their jobs are equivalent to that of a teacher. Another act of disrespect. I don't know too many teachers that have been killed or have lost limbs teaching classes but I know thousands of soldiers that have while defending your right to spiel the shit that comes forth from your mouth.

Note: I know there are a very few teachers that have been killed while teaching.

You forgot the crack she made about our troops being on drugs... That one was a classic.

Incredibly ludicrous statement comparing apples to oranges. :rolleyes:

NEXT!

Forum List

Back