A question for Muslims....

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by -Cp, Jul 10, 2005.

1. -Cp

-Cp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +363
    Whenever there's an attack by muslims - like the one in London recently - hell even after 9/11 - howcome we NEVER hear Muslim leaders from around the world come out and publicly comdemn those acts?

About all I ever hear is a few regular muslims call into talk radio shows and say that those bombers don't represent the mainstream muslims. Why the HELL don't the leaders of that faith do the same? EVERY other religious leader does (the pope etc), but folks who are being "misrepresented" by those freaks sit silent, that really pisses me off.. .

2. GotZoom

GotZoom Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +366
    Because:

A. They don't condemn the attacks.

B. They are afriad to condemn the attacks for fear of being next.

C. They use the "locals" as their mouthpiece so they can stay under the radar.

D. All of the above.

3. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Or it is what Islam teaches? :dunno:

4. archangel

archangel Guest

Ratings:
    +0

Thats because they are to busy providing safe houses...and cheering from the sidelines! :ali: don't ya know!

5. -Cp

-Cp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +363
    Oh, but I thought that "Islam is a religion of peace"???

6. Abbey Normal

Abbey Normal Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +391
    I am so glad you brought this up. This question is like the proverbial elephant in the room. Many of us think about it, but it is rarely discussed. Yet I would argue that it is one of the most important questions we could ask. Any answers I can come up with are too disturbing to contemplate.

And it pisses me off, too.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    I've never said that, at least seriously.

8. Gabriella84

Gabriella84 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Do you not listen? Within an hour of the London attacks, the Muslim leader of England contacted Tony Blair with his condolences and condemnation of the attack. Blair mentioned it in both of his speeches. Muslim clerics throughout the world denounced the attacks, just as they did on Sept. 11.
    It was only the extremist factions that goaded over the attacks. Just as the militant evangelical "Christian" groups in the U.S. celebrate each time hundreds of Iraqis die in attacks.

What is with this blanket condemnation of Islam as a religion? You have perhaps five percent of the sect as radical fundamentalists bet on destruction. That is like non-Christians blaming everyone for Andrea Yates or Terry Nichols. Jim Jones served the Purple Kool Aid to almost 1,000 followers in the name of God. David Koresh operated his compound in Waco in the name of God. Both professed to be Christians. Who knows how many serial killers have carried out their acts because they heard "voices from God."
    Is this what Christianity teaches people? It is certainly not what my faith teaches me. My Christian faith teaches me to love and respect my fellow man. I don't know what yours teaches you.

9. Shattered

Shattered Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    When do you start? Or, does it teach you to only love and respect people that you *think* worthy, or that love and respect you first? Your posts throughout this entire board are nothing but one giant contradiction.. You've pissed on our troops, you've pissed on our country's leaders, and you've pissed on the people on this board... Where's the love and respect?

10. GotZoom

GotZoom Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +366
    Links please. I have yet to hear or see of a "celebration" by evangelical Christians at the first word of deaths of 100's of Iraqis.