A Question for Liberals

I answered it fine. And I will go a step futher. I don't want to pay for the projection of American power world wide. That means support for other country's military and some 800 American bases in foreign countries.
Personal products, jewelry, weapons, and many other things should be provided for free to no one. I get no personal benefits, though I accept ROADS, liberty, the NWS, and other things I USE are provided government pays for.

I disagree, there aren't enough cops for everyone so i need you to send me a form of self protection and a condom won't do it.
Law enforcement is designed to protect LIBERTY, the most valuable thing government provides.

Ahhh.. the argument of sewer system

How many in this country are on septic?? Those who choose septic, do they get their septic services paid by the taxpayer??

And then we go to those with well water... that gets paid for by the government as well??

You can have your property and decide what you want to do... you do not have to be FORCED to take government water...

And then we have the idiot liberal argument about military actions.. but we have the federal government constitutionally charged to defend this country.. federally charged to provide for the military who defend and handle the military interests of the country... they handle the attacking of our enemies because you do not have the right to do so as a citizen...
Though you do have the right to take care of your own personal responsibilities and your own personal upkeep... that is something that the federal government is NOT charged to do... yet liberals think that it is and should be charged to do so, on their personal whims

What if you live in a community whose local government decides, via the democratic process, that that community will have sewer and water systems?

I'm kinda confused about all these answers your getting...it's not answers to your question at all!

"Name one thing you think SHOULD NOT be provided to YOU by the AMerican TaxPayer. Just one."

The question isn't about what comes out of your pocket...it's what should Not be provided TO us.

To people that work and make a decent living, nothing should be provided. But there are so many that do need help & should get the food supplements and emergency medical especially if they have kids, i'm just not sure where you'd draw the line. I don't agree with the "lazy" getting anything for free. There has to be a way to make people like this actually work for what's given them.

I guess i feel unless someone is completely disabled and cannot do any type of work then there should be nothing just given to them.

EDITED: SORRY FOR ANSWERING - JUST REALIZED YOU WANTED TO HEAR FROM LIBERALS! LOL!

But "workfare" was so demeaning. How evil it is to ask people to work for their free shit!
Not only do Conservatives want to kill the homeless and force granny to eat cat food, but now they want welfare recipients to maybe get a blister?
How repugnant!

Personal products, jewelry, weapons, and many other things should be provided for free to no one. I get no personal benefits, though I accept ROADS, liberty, the NWS, and other things I USE are provided government pays for.

I disagree, there aren't enough cops for everyone so i need you to send me a form of self protection and a condom won't do it.
Law enforcement is designed to protect LIBERTY, the most valuable thing government provides.

Government does not 'provide' liberty, it's an inalienable right that can't be touched by government... supposedly. That was the entire point to the constitution, it was designed such that what the government doesn't 'give' you, it can't then take away. Why is that concept so difficult to understand? :bang3:

Consumer goods and services.
But we're not in any danger of that, are we?

On the public vs private issue....
Can you imagine a PRIVATELY RUN SEWER system, with each house able to decide which company and what standard they want?

Recently while I was in the UK, they announced that the EU was forcing all mobile phone makers to adopt ONE standard for power cables. Now that saved consumers headaches and money.

CONZ will gladly impose the tyranny of the corporation, in which they have NO VOICE over government oversight, over which they DO have some control.

Actually, there is little government oversight now because the corporations have more input on that issue than the consumer.

By the way, it is not really the conservatives fault on that one. It is more like guys like me, you know the pro-corporatists types, that tend to favor such an arrangement.

Sorry for inconvience, but to be honest. Very few citizens go to their congress person and suggest feasible alternatives. The government usually gets hardcore commies or libertarians out of the citizenry with less thought on the subject matter than most corporations.

Name one thing you think SHOULD NOT be provided to YOU by the AMerican TaxPayer. Just one.

Here you go, Pussycat. Try to turn off Fox Noise and their relentless attack on the poor and think about your tax dollars going here:
These are the annual salaries for PEOPLE WHO AREN'T WORKING AT THEIR JOBS ANYMORE.
Salary of retired US Presidents ................$450,000 FOR LIFE
Salary of House/Senate members ...........$174,000 FOR LIFE
Salary of Speaker of the House ...............$223,500 FOR LIFE
Salary of Majority/Minority Leaders ...........$193,400 FOR LIFE

Why don't we start with the motherfuckers that are really causing our problems: Congress.

Last edited:
Name one thing you think SHOULD NOT be provided to YOU by the AMerican TaxPayer. Just one.

Do you mean something that is currently provided? Or what.

What I believe OP means is something that is provided to individuals, not to the "general welfare". Everyone gets to take advantage of sewers, police departments, roads, fire services, parks, K-12 education, but most don't get free cheese or free housing that are paid for people that struggle to pay their own way.

Here you go, Pussycat. Try to turn off Fox Noise and their relentless attack on the poor and think about your tax dollars going here:
These are the annual salaries for PEOPLE WHO AREN'T WORKING AT THEIR JOBS ANYMORE.

Why don't we start with the motherfuckers that are really causing our problems: Congress.

Please don't be another one of those...

:)

peace...

peace...

i thought it was one of these?

peace...

i thought it was one of these?

She's a relevant and on point as One of These.

Ahhh.. the argument of sewer system

How many in this country are on septic?? Those who choose septic, do they get their septic services paid by the taxpayer??

And then we go to those with well water... that gets paid for by the government as well??

You can have your property and decide what you want to do... you do not have to be FORCED to take government water...

And then we have the idiot liberal argument about military actions.. but we have the federal government constitutionally charged to defend this country.. federally charged to provide for the military who defend and handle the military interests of the country... they handle the attacking of our enemies because you do not have the right to do so as a citizen...
Though you do have the right to take care of your own personal responsibilities and your own personal upkeep... that is something that the federal government is NOT charged to do... yet liberals think that it is and should be charged to do so, on their personal whims

What if you live in a community whose local government decides, via the democratic process, that that community will have sewer and water systems?

And if they try and prevent you from well drilling or other things on your property... the government has a real issue... again... you are not forced to participate... you may have to find creative ways if you go off the grid on water or sewer, but you cannot be forced

I lived in an area of PA, when freshly out of the Army... In that area we had city water available... but of the 10 houses in my little offshoot area, 6 f us decided that well and septic was a better option... if we would have been forced, I would have fought...

But we also did not have the right to fight to have our well and septic paid for by others, nor the upkeep of it via government

You could ask the Conservative moochers and possibly get serious answers., just a suggestion.

Is being borderline retarded a prerequisite for being a progressive?

You label conservatives as "greedy rich, penny-pinching bastards" and now they're moochers..

Make up your fucking mind...

They want to abolish social welfare yet - according to you they're "moochers?"

Truth is - ALL democrats are MOOCHERS, because you're the ones consistently begging for FREE HANDOUTS...

You don't see conservatives begging for aid or free handouts. You know why that is??? because the majority of conservatives are middle class - they don't need a government handout. Meanwhile the majority of progressives are either POOR or SUPER RICH...

I don't see the poor voting republican - no they vote democrat - you know why? because its the democrats who give those MOOCHERS free welfare handouts..

Deciding what should not be provided through taxes depends on two factors:

1) The wealth of the individual(s) in question. This is not to punish rich people but to focus on people who cannot buy items/services they need.

2) The importance of the item/service in question to the nation and the individual. Providing food, education, or health is fine because they are vital to individuals and improve our nation as a whole.

So what SHOULD NOT be provided by the American taxpayer to me?
  • Food, education, or health because my family earns enough that we can afford all of those.
  • Jobs because my wife and I have them.
  • Anything related to entertainment because that's not important.
There's five things. Good enough?

Forum List

Back