A question for Dems about the TEA Party

Borrowed? no one is that stupid.. Each time the federal government "borrows" ( which it should be law it cannot without selling bonds or securing the debt) it forces the federal reserve to print money. THe federal government monetized the debt years ago.
This has had a devastating effect on the strength of the US Dollar vs other major currencies.
The US Dollar is at 40 year lows vs other currencies. For example. The US Dollar used to buy well over 100 JPN Yen. Now it buys less than 80. The Pund Sterling used to trade just above $1. Now it trades at 1.5 US Dollars. The CDN Dollar just ten years ago was worth less than 60 cents. Now it worth 1.05 US Dollars.
Because of the falling dollar, the price of Gold has skyrocketed to over $1600/ troy ounce.

Apparently some are, indeed, that stupid.

Borrowing is different than merely increasing the money supply. In the case of borrowing from the SS Trust Fund, it's moving numbers from one field in a database to another. No new money needed.

In the case of foriegn borrowing, i.e. China (possible since the Chinese, despite low wages, have about a 30% savings rate), Japan and Brasil, etc. Then currencies are transferred, in lieu of bonds which are backed by the full faith and credit of the USA, which only diminished in value a smidge when Reps in the House played chicken with defaulting on our loans. Stupid, but obviously not unexpected, when folks elect Tea Party nincumpoops who haven't the basest understanding of political or global economics.

If borrowing were the same as "printing" money, why even do it? Since our debt is indeed a bit of a relative concept, insofar as we owe Dollars (US), which we print so to speak, and we could pay it off this afternoon; albeit, we'd need a wheelbarrow filled with Dollars to buy bread, akin to post-WWI Germany. Thus not ideal, even though, true debt would be if we owed Japan in Euros or Reals, etc.

Gold's price is driven largely by supply and demand, which lots of folks started buying up when they feared other investments were less certain. Proof of this is in your or anyone else's ability to track gold to US Dollar currency fluxuations, which is kinda silly to think is at play since gold trades internationally, and is bought with any number of currencies, and not a Petrodollar-like virtual currency.

Does that help?

Sarah Palin doesn't even know basic American history. Here's her EXACT quote on Paul Revere:

“He who warned, uh, the British that they weren’t going to be taking away our arms uh by ringing those bells and making sure as he’s riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be secure and we were going to be free and we were going to be armed."

George W. Bush - a typical statement:

"Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?" —Florence, S.C., Jan. 11, 2000

Glenn Beck's brilliance:

"You know, we all have our inner demons. I, for one – I can't speak for you, but I'm on the verge of moral collapse at any time. It can happen by the end of the show."
–"The Glenn Beck Program," Nov. 6, 2006

From Obama...
"It is wonderful to be back in Oregon," Obama said. "Over the last 15 months, we’ve traveled to every corner of the United States. I’ve now been in 57 states? I think one left to go. Alaska and Hawaii, I was not allowed to go to even though I really wanted to visit, but my staff would not justify it."

You want to play the quote game, we can go ALL DAY...
Sure, you will lose.

The saddest part of Palin's pathetic quote was that she was on her big American History tour. Paul Revere warned the British (?), and several other changes to the historic event.

The difference is that obviously Obama misspoke. Though you despise Obama, you certainly cannot believe he does not know the number of states. The three of them couldn't hold Obama's jock.

Last edited:
I've noticed one overriding tendency from the Liberals in this thread, an overpowering desire to exhibit visceral hate for the people who have identified with the TEA Party movement. It's always so PERSONAL with you guys, you should grow thicker skin...

AAAAAAH, hatemongers. How they stupidly assume others hold so much hate in their hearts. I don't, and therefore that is not an assumption I make. There is so much wrong with your conclusion, I am not going to bother schooling you.

Don't EVER make a blanket statement about me again. I've noticed the responses you make to the answers to your request are frequently attacked using assumptions on your part (e.g. only liberals could dissagree with the ideology of T.P.s). This indicates you really don't care to understand a different viewpoint than your own.

Sorry if I hurt your feelings, but when you list NAMES as a reason to dislike/hate, you put yourself in that group known as 'hatemongers'.

Please feel free to illustrate my 'attacks and assumptions' if you'd like. or not for all I care. The last 20+ pages have already shown that the hate of the TEA Party is based on y'all's PERCEPTIONS of it, carefully spoon-fed to you by the media, and have very little basis in any FACTS.

Oh, please. As if you are providing anything but incorrect assumptions. And there you are again, obsessed with hate. Why is it in your thoughts and words so much? No need to answer.

The reason people have named people in response to your question, since you are either too dense to realize, or you are just into playing dumb, is because of THEIR ideologies, values (or lack thereof), and opinions. Michelle Bachman, Christine O'Donnell are just plain nuts, and Palin is uneducated. Ask yourself why none of them were wanted at the convention - same as Bush and Cheney. Even their own party knows they are detrimental to the cause.

Enough with the your babbling about the media crap. Some of us form our opinions from information gathered from numerous sources and outlets. You really must stop with the inaccurate generalizations too. If you weren't so quick to attack and be obnoxious, you could have had a lively discussion with this thread, and possibly have learned something - IF you even care about civility and learning.

As stated before, you obviously are filled wiith anger and just wanted a fight with this thread instead of trying to understand different viewpoints. You came out of the gate swinging and hair splitting pieces of responses instead of acknowledging the content.

In the unlikely event you missed it the first time, don't make blanket statements about me.

BTW, your request is for what people don't like about the TP's. Don't be such a dick when they tell you. Like or dislike is an opinion, so you are creating a situation where you are demanding substantiation for opinions. Rewrite it or back off of the demands for substantiation - which, BTW, you rarely provide.

BTW, your request is for what people don't like about the TP's. Don't be such a dick when they tell you. Like or dislike is an opinion, so you are creating a situation where you are demanding substantiation for opinions. Rewrite it or back off of the demands for substantiation - which, BTW, you rarely provide.

I guess you're so smart you can address the thread without reading the OP.

I'm impressed.... NOT!

I asked in the OP, "Whatever your answers may be, please provide some kind of source for your assertions."

Idiot!

I guess you're so smart you can address the thread without reading the OP.

I'm impressed.... NOT!

I asked in the OP, "Whatever your answers may be, please provide some kind of source for your assertions."

Idiot!
Yet you feel no need to do so in your statements. Do you really need sources for Palin's lack of intelligence? Michelle B's craziness?

Where are your sources?

Sources for what, exactly? What statements have I made that require them?

As for Palin's alleged stupidity based on a statement about Paul Revere's famous ride, I find it disingenuous that you would grab that with all your strength and yet give Obama a pass on his '57 states with one to go' comment.

And Michelle Bachmann is crazy? Well, sometimes, but then again you guys have Hank Johnson worried about islands tipping over.

What is it about the TEA Party ideology that you don't like?

Whatever your answers may be, please provide some kind of source for your assertions.

The racist parts.

Like this?

Yup the democrat, republican, tea party, and any other political group all contain racists. No one group has more than the other.

Dems before you claim your party has less racists just think about how many of them support affirmative action, AKA institutional racism.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back