A Question For Conservatives, Liberals, And Folks Of Any Other Political Persuation..

Republicans I like: Bush 41, Jeb, Christie, George Will, O'Reilly, Olympia Snowe

Dems I don't like: Pelosi, Ed Schultz, Reid, Boxer

O'Reilly isn't a Republican.

What is O'Reilly if he is not a conservative.. Ive read your posts on who you think is a conservative and who you think isnt and I have come to the conclusion that, and please correct me if I'm wrong, anyone who has a someone moderate view on an issue or two is a flaming communist.. Is that reall ythe mentality that's out there? If you cant get behind people in your own party how do you expect to get a thing done in the real world?

People of his ilk do not want to accomplish anything. They want to burn it all down.

and I'll start the ball rolling by saying I detest Sean Hannity...

but I like Rush Limbaugh...

I'll give my reasons in a later post...

as well as naming other names, both pro and con...

same here. I like rush hate hannity. One thing about rush is he's polite I've never heard him talk over a person. Hannity is crude rude ignorant. I like Levine to.
Rove and Morris are idiots whiy fox keep those 2 around after the last election Ill never understand

but..then.. again... I'm not a pundit. I'm a spammer, flamer and a troll :D

yep... Rush, as a rule, patiently hears his callers out and doesn't interrupt them, and is not unduly disrespectful of them no matter their opinions... plus he's got a great sense of humor...

Hannity, on the other hand, maddeningly doesn't let folks with opposing views finish their sentences... butts in with snide comments, and generally operates like a little shit with a big microphone... how the little prick got to be as successful as he is is a mystery to me... he's a small man with no sense of humor...

heh.....that's one of Hannity's better qualities.....i like it when liberals get a taste of their own medicine....

I'm a liberal, but I believe most people could answer that question within the same person, if they really looked.

For me it has always been Al Sharpton. Foot and mouth regarding public speaking, although he's gotten better as he's gotten older, he is an intellectual master in his written work.
I have always hated Sharpton, but I honestly believe that he has come a long way. And he frequently makes very good political points. But he will never shake the Tawana Brawley incident, especially since he will not apologize.

The only ones I'll go out of my way to listen to are Bill O'Reilly and Mark Levin.

The folks I turn off are John Gibson and Neil Boortz.

Rush and Beck have too many commercials for my taste, so I usually don't listen to either.

I'm totally with you- THE RINO WING- John McCain, the Bush's, Chris Christie, John Huntsman.. . I'm worried the elite will run Jeb Bush in 2016, as if the Bush's are entitled to all be President and they're the only family worthy of the candidacy. It's soooo utterly ridiculous. I can't think of one person I know who has anything good to say about the Bush's.. NOT ONE.

Rightwingers stopped supporting Bush in January, 2009. :lol:

I stopped supporting Bush when he started talking about invading Iraq...

when was that...? 2002...? 2003...?

Not in public? Right after taking office in 2000. :thup:

O'Reilly isn't a Republican.

What is O'Reilly if he is not a conservative.. Ive read your posts on who you think is a conservative and who you think isnt and I have come to the conclusion that, and please correct me if I'm wrong, anyone who has a someone moderate view on an issue or two is a flaming communist.. Is that reall ythe mentality that's out there? If you cant get behind people in your own party how do you expect to get a thing done in the real world?

O'Reilly claims he was registered as an Independent. However, I recall him claiming in one program the he's a Libertarian. Further, what's a "moderate" view? If I wanted "moderate" and wanted to agree with leftists, I'd vote for leftists. I don't vote for leftists. And, I don't consider abandoning my principles getting a thing done. See, the thing is, I know that no matter what, there's going to be a moderate outcome in pretty much everything there is. It isn't like neither the right nor the left are exclusively in charge. Very seldom is there a Republican president and a Republican congress which has enough of a majority to get everything it desires. And, vice versa. So, I don't need to vote for a moderate, to get moderate. However, in my opinion, in many cases, getting the moderate is a joke and that's when nothing gets done. For example, let's use immigration. You get a guy who's conservative enough to want to do something about immigration but, liberal enough to where he doesn't want to do enough about immigration and, therefore, nothing gets done. Or, you get a bunch of "moderates" of varying degrees who want to argue forever about the issue but simply aren't secure enough in their convictions to actually put their foot down and do something about it. This, as I said, is one of the problems I had with George W. Bush. He said he wanted to do something about the immigration problem but, he never seemed to want to do enough about it and he didn't want to put his foot down and actually do something about it. So, nothing got done.

The problem could be said about people like you who dont want to come together with our friends across the aisle and nothing gets done. Partisan politics like we are seeing now is doing significant damage to the economy because nothing is getting done. We have one side arguing that Anarchy is the only option and the other side arguing that a nanny state is the only option..Lets get some intelligent people in there who know that we need to come together rather than being devided.

I love Rush like a big brother but double check everything he says.

I love Mark Billings and mark stein both sit ins for Rush.

I don't hate anyone on the right. They frustrate me but I don't hate them.

I hate just about everyone on the left.

Mindless ditto head

Mindless ditto head

If I were a mindless ditto head I wouldn't check everything Rush says I would take him at his word. He spins with the best of them and I know that.

O'Reilly claims he was registered as an Independent. However, I recall him claiming in one program the he's a Libertarian. Further, what's a "moderate" view? If I wanted "moderate" and wanted to agree with leftists, I'd vote for leftists. I don't vote for leftists. And, I don't consider abandoning my principles getting a thing done. See, the thing is, I know that no matter what, there's going to be a moderate outcome in pretty much everything there is. It isn't like neither the right nor the left are exclusively in charge. Very seldom is there a Republican president and a Republican congress which has enough of a majority to get everything it desires. And, vice versa. So, I don't need to vote for a moderate, to get moderate. However, in my opinion, in many cases, getting the moderate is a joke and that's when nothing gets done. For example, let's use immigration. You get a guy who's conservative enough to want to do something about immigration but, liberal enough to where he doesn't want to do enough about immigration and, therefore, nothing gets done. Or, you get a bunch of "moderates" of varying degrees who want to argue forever about the issue but simply aren't secure enough in their convictions to actually put their foot down and do something about it. This, as I said, is one of the problems I had with George W. Bush. He said he wanted to do something about the immigration problem but, he never seemed to want to do enough about it and he didn't want to put his foot down and actually do something about it. So, nothing got done.

The problem could be said about people like you who dont want to come together with our friends across the aisle and nothing gets done. Partisan politics like we are seeing now is doing significant damage to the economy because nothing is getting done. We have one side arguing that Anarchy is the only option and the other side arguing that a nanny state is the only option..Lets get some intelligent people in there who know that we need to come together rather than being devided.

You don't understand. Most of those in my party these days like to fancy themselves as being moderate. And, that's exactly what I'm talking about. They keep siding with the left and blocking anything the less moderate Republicans want to get done. Further, they're not my "friends across the aisle". And, no, get someone in there who will say, This is what we're going to do and, if you don't like it...tough. I have no desire to "work with" the left. If I wanted to be subjected to the policies of the left, I would have voted for them. I don't vote for leftists.

You don't understand. Most of those in my party these days like to fancy themselves as being moderate. And, that's exactly what I'm talking about. They keep siding with the left and blocking anything the less moderate Republicans want to get done. Further, they're not my "friends across the aisle". And, no, get someone in there who will say, This is what we're going to do and, if you don't like it...tough. I have no desire to "work with" the left. If I wanted to be subjected to the policies of the left, I would have voted for them. I don't vote for leftists.

I think its quite the opposite, the majority of the Republican Party has gone way too far to the right, not accepting anything less than a full Tea Party backed legislation. I dont want liberal policies in place, but I understand that no one person is going to get their way. Take this budget crisis. Id be happy to allot a tax increase if the democrats would be happy to cut funding on entitlements and foreign aid, especially the money given to Israel. Thats how compromise works. You get one thing, I get one thing, we're both happy.

I think its quite the opposite, the majority of the Republican Party has gone way too far to the right, not accepting anything less than a full Tea Party backed legislation.

Bullshit! It's more like the left is too far to the left and, has been for decades. Has nothing to do with the Republican Party allegedly going too far to the right.

I dont want liberal policies in place, but I understand that no one person is going to get their way. Take this budget crisis. Id be happy to allot a tax increase if the democrats would be happy to cut funding on entitlements and foreign aid, especially the money given to Israel. Thats how compromise works. You get one thing, I get one thing, we're both happy.

I don't want leftists getting one thing. And, of course you want liberal policies in place. You just named one.

Liberals I like: Jon Stewart, Rachael Maddow, James Carville and the token liberal on Fox - is that Megyn Kelly. I loved her comment to Karl Rove: Is this just math that you Republicans do to make yourselves feel better? One of the best TV election moments evah!!!.

Liberals I don't like: Bill Maher, Sean Hannity.

Conservatives I like: John McCain, John O'Reilly, Chris Wallace. I used to dislike David Frum as a neo-con radical but either he's mellowed or he just seems so sane next to the Tea Party crowd, but I almost like him now. But I still weep for his mother - of the greatest liberal feminists in Canadian history.

Conservatives I don't like: Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, anyone connected with Faux News, Rupert Murdoch, Sheldon Adelson, the Koch Brothers

Given what Bush Sr. and Jr. did to the US, I don't think anyone in their right mind vote another one of those fiscal idiots in power. There needs to be a constitution amendment or something to make sure that no Bush is ever allowed to run for the office of President again.

I'm a huge Carville fan. I think the man is brilliant. I don't agree with 90% of what he he says but I totally respect and love to listen to him.

Can't stand John Huntsman, John McCain, or any other fake ass who claims to be a conservative but then turns around and shits on conservative principles whenever they find it convenient to do so when the political breeze is blowing the right way.

As far as those I "like"...I really don't "like" any of them. They say things of which I agree with and, they say things I disagree with. Some, more than others.

I'm totally with you- THE RINO WING- John McCain, the Bush's, Chris Christie, John Huntsman.. . I'm worried the elite will run Jeb Bush in 2016, as if the Bush's are entitled to all be President and they're the only family worthy of the candidacy. It's soooo utterly ridiculous. I can't think of one person I know who has anything good to say about the Bush's.. NOT ONE.

I thought George H. W. Bush and George W. Bush were good presidents. You can disagree with me if you like but, it has no impact on my opinion. There were several things they did of which I disagreed with but, those were mostly due to obstruction on the lefts' part, as well as pushing through things because they were in charge of Congress. The biggest problem I had with George W. Bush was his dealings with respect to immigration and his failure to veto leftists' bullshit. And, actually, come to think about it, I really don't know much of which I disagreed with, with respect to George H. W. Bush.

Sorry CG.. I love your posts and agree with you most of the time but not in this instance. I think George H is evil.. I think the entire Bush clan are evil. I would vote for Michael Moore before I voted for any Bush. (I would never vote for Michael Moore)

Sorry CG.. I love your posts and agree with you most of the time but not in this instance. I think George H is evil.. I think the entire Bush clan are evil. I would vote for Michael Moore before I voted for any Bush. (I would never vote for Michael Moore)

I used to joke that W was the Anti-Christ we were warned about in the Book of Revelations because it was said that he would rise from halls of power - his father was the POTUS before him; he would lead the world into war and destruction - Afghanistan and Iraq were both fought by world-wide coalitions; and last but certainly not least, the true believers will embrace him as one of their own - the Christian right voted for W.

Sadly W's legacy is nothing to joke about.

I used to joke that W was the Anti-Christ we were warned about in the Book of Revelations because it was said that he would rise from halls of power - his father was the POTUS before him; he would lead the world into war and destruction - Afghanistan and Iraq were both fought by world-wide coalitions; and last but certainly not least, the true believers will embrace him as one of their own - the Christian right voted for W.

Sr. advocated for multi-culturalism to the tune of handing over sovereignty to the UN. His thousand points of light speech should have awoken conservatives to his WORLD agenda which is nothing more than more power for his family. Like I said, I believe they're evil.

I am not a hater, but I regret the political culture in the United States. I see Rush Limbaugh as more of a symptom than the source of a problem. He and those like him have made a career telling angry white men lies they want to believe. I think it is unfortunate that so many white men want to believe those lies. I think it is unfortunate that so many lower income whites, especially in the South, vote against their economic interests by voting Republican.

At the same time I understand their alienation from the Democratic Party. They accurately associate the Democrats with the defense of black interests. They accurately associate blacks with crime, illegitimacy, and low intelligence.

I am not patriotic. There is too much about the United States that I dislike. Everything I dislike about this country is due directly or indirectly to the large black population. We never should have allowed slavery and the slave trade. We never should have allowed black immigration. We would be a far better country with few or no blacks.

On the other hand, Jews and Orientals are assets to this country. I like aspects of Hispanic culture, but I do not think a large Hispanic population is beneficial.

Last edited:

Ronald Reagan committed lasting damage to the United States when he popularized the delusion that tax cuts generate more tax revenue than tax increases. By convincing most whites that they could have the government they wanted without paying for it he is responsible for the debt crises.

On a purely visceral level I always disliked Ronald Reagan. It was easy for me to see him in one of his B movies playing the role of a cavalry officer flashing his "Aw shucks" grin after massacring an Indian village.

Last edited:
Can't stand John Huntsman, John McCain, or any other fake ass who claims to be a conservative but then turns around and shits on conservative principles whenever they find it convenient to do so when the political breeze is blowing the right way.

As far as those I "like"...I really don't "like" any of them. They say things of which I agree with and, they say things I disagree with. Some, more than others.

Rightwingers stopped supporting Bush in January, 2009. :lol:

I personal like the Bush's...I believe they both love this country and it's citizens. But they fell into the same trap as most politicians. They believe that it was up to them to legislate equality.

Any Politician that believes that they can legislate equality should resign.

Forum List

Back