A Question for Black posters

Tommy, racism is nowhere near as prevalent as our biased media portrays it. The media pushes this idea because it's just another swipe at President Trump. They incorrectly portray him as racist and our country being more racist because of him. Nothing could be further from the truth. It's complete BS.

The past year of research has made it very clear: Trump won because of racial resentment
Another study produces the same findings we’ve seen over and over again.
By German Lopez@germanrlopez [email protected] Dec 15, 2017, 2:40pm EST

More than a year after President Donald Trump won the election, there are still some questions about what drove him to victory: Was it genuine anxiety about the state of the economy? Or was it racism and racial resentment?

Over at the Washington Post, researchers Matthew Fowler, Vladimir Medenica, and Cathy Cohen have published the results of a new survey on these questions, with a focus on the 41 percent of white millennials who voted for Trump and the sense of “white vulnerability” that motivated them. The conclusion is very clear:

Contrary to what some have suggested, white millennial Trump voters were not in more economically precarious situations than non-Trump voters. Fully 86 percent of them reported being employed, a rate similar to non-Trump voters; and they were 14 percent less likely to be low income than white voters who did not support Trump. Employment and income were not significantly related to that sense of white vulnerability.

So what was? Racial resentment.

Even when controlling for partisanship, ideology, region and a host of other factors, white millennials fit Michael Tesler’s analysis, explored here. As he put it, economic anxiety isn’t driving racial resentment; rather, racial resentment is driving economic anxiety. We found, as he has in a larger population, that racial resentment is the biggest predictor of white vulnerability among white millennials. Economic variables like education, income and employment made a negligible difference.

The past year of research has made it very clear: Trump won because of racial resentment

Racial Resentment, Not Economics, Elected Trump

I hope it’s not rude to interrupt the Donald Trump victory celebration, but I have a confession: I was wrong. I gave Trump’s voters more sympathy than they deserve.

It’s hardly consoling that I was parroting conventional wisdom, which understood the Donald’s enthusiasts as the left-behind lunchpail set: workers without college degrees who couldn’t get traction in a merciless economy managed by indifferent elites. Sure, the billionaire’s vile rhetoric attracted bigots, but just as important, he was a carrot-coiffed middle finger, flipped to the out-of-touch Man on behalf of people struggling to make rent.

I bought into this narrative, arguing that we should help the needy, including Trump voters. I still think we should do that, but I’m no longer convinced that many Trump voters would be helped. It turns out that they aren’t so much “the desperate, the damned, the disinherited,” to crib Jesse Jackson’s old line, as they are whites in a lather over racial diversity, fanned perhaps by angst over changing social mores.

Trump’s supporters are better off than many other Americans. So what else drives them?

Trump voters aren’t as loaded as their hero. But their median household income of $72,000 gives them considerably more than the $62,000 national median. Buttressing that point, Gallup conducted 87,000 interviews before the election and found, in The Washington Post’s words, that “those who view Trump favorably have not been disproportionately affected by foreign trade or immigration” — Trump’s signature issues — "compared with people with unfavorable views of the Republican presidential nominee. The results suggest that his supporters, on average, do not have lower incomes than other Americans, nor are they more likely to be unemployed.”

This reinforced exit polls during the primaries, which found Trump voter’s incomes comparable to those of Ted Cruz’s supporters, and higher than Hillary Clinton’s and Bernie Sanders’s.

Research Finds That Racism, Sexism, and Status Fears Drove Trump Voters
Two new studies suggest Trump broadened the Republican Party's appeal by tapping into deep-seated anxieties and prejudices.
Author: Tom Jacobs
Publish date: Apr 24, 2018
When blue-collar whites heard that implied message from Donald Trump, many realized it aligned with their own beliefs. As a result, they broke with precedent to support the Republican candidate for president.

That's the conclusion of a new study in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, the latest to analyze what drove Trump voters (aside from traditional party affiliation). Other recently published studies have pointed to the appeal of authoritarianism, or plain old racism and sexism.

University of Pennsylvania political scientist Diana Mutz reports a key group of voters—those who switched parties to vote for Trump—were motivated by the vision of a frightening fall in social status. In short, they feared they were in the process of losing their previously privileged positions.

This thesis is hardly new. In October of 2016—one month before the election—we reported that reminding whites that America is on its way to becoming a minority-majority country increased whites' support for Trump. "Trump has successfully tapped into the threat to group status (felt by many white Americans)," that researcher team wrote.

https://psmag.com/news/research-finds-that-racism-sexism-and-status-fears-drove-trump-voters

The media has pushed nothing. The facts presented by the opinions of Americans which they spoke themselves that show in these studies is evidence of just how much of a problem racism still is. For whites here who on one hand call blacks monkeys and savages, them make claims of our inherent low IQ based on irrelevant tests, to claim that racism is not a widespread problem in America is a lie on it's face.

And Tommy this is why we blacks must remain informed and educated.
And yet they go to great lengths to deny that they are racist and get offended when called on it. Here is a thread about a serious issue and they are jumping all over it, basically confirming the depth of their racist ignorance. I suspect that they were raised to this by trashy parents. They make me sick and I commend you for controlling your temper on this.

It is easier to control your anger when you educate yourself about the facts. These people are cowards and forums like this gives them the opportunity to say things they'd piss themselves before saying to a black persons face. In real life they have to answer the facts. Online they can get away with stupid comments.

as if you are not an internet tough guy

Since I 've stood in front of white individuals, city councils, state representatives and US house and congress reps saying what I say here, my talk goes far beyond the internet. As for me being tough, maybe you should have stood across from me on some of those rugby pitches I played on so you could have learned first hand.

I can see that racism is a major blight on US society. It sort of shocks me. We have issues in the UK but nothing like I see on these forums.

Racists in the UK can kiss goodbye to a career in the public eye but in the US they get sent to Washington.

How do you cope with it on a personal level ? What do you tell your kids ? How do you rationalise this and keep your temper ?

I wont respond to redneck racist trash on this thread.
The funny thing is you think everything you see on the internet can be used as the broadest of broad brushes.

The white racist Obama is not black meme is not supported by Obama himself. Furthermore, if Obama had been a criminal or had been a corrupt president and impeached the whites like Beale would not trot out the he's not black shit. Obama is black enough so white racists to still call him a Kenyan. Obama was not half white when Rev. Wright was in the picture. He was not half white when he said if he had a son, he would look like Trayvon Martin. So he is black. Period.

I never said he wasn't Black, or not black enough.

I don't care about any of that.

WTH? :dunno:

I am simply pointing out the obvious, Obama is an agent of the establishment, of the upper crust, an Elite that represents neither you nor I.

Get over your delusions already.

Haiphong_845x400%20%281%29_0.jpg

Obama Condemns “Call Out Culture” Despite Being Its Biggest Beneficiary
Obama Condemns “Call Out Culture” Despite Being Its Biggest Beneficiary | Black Agenda Report

BAR-logo-2-3.png

White racists trying to use information from supposedly black websites get no play here. You weren't pointing out the obvious, you're trying to push a racist opinion.

So. . . you call me a racist. . .

You deny the source material. . .

and you call things you don't like racist. . .

Wow. . .

Any other fallacious behavior you would like to engage in to deny reality?

Here is more from the head editor that runs that site, on when they first encountered Obama. One of his editors went to college with Obama.

Hey, if you can't win an argument, riddle it with Ad hom, right? :71:

4587614.jpg

Glen Ford’s Ethical Dilemma
https://bigthink.com/podcast/elif-shafak

". . . .Those questions were: If you are elected to the senate, will you introduce legislation to withdraw from NAFTA? If you are elected to the senate, will you introduce legislation for single payer healthcare? If you are elected to the senate, will you introduce legislation to withdraw immediately from Iraq?

He then proceeded over a period of a week to fashion answers to that question. In the end, they were a fuzzy mish-mash of non-answers and Bruce Dixon and I had a decision to make—were we going to pass him or fail him? We, at that time, did not want to be seen as the proverbial crabs in a barrel, people who are anxious, when a brother’s trying to climb up, to pull him back down.

And so even though we agreed that he had flunked the bright lines test, that he was not a progressive, we declared that he had passed the test. That was a dilemma and we failed our own test. I’ve never regretted a political decision as much as having passed Barack Obama when he should have failed the test; and we never made that mistake again.

Recorded on: August 6, 2009."

Black Agenda Report - Media Bias/Fact Check

About Us | Black Agenda Report

Yep. But I am not losing anything. When we present peer reviewed fact based information from whites who describe how whites practice racism today, those like you dismiss it. So I am dismissing your singular use of a black site to validate your racism.

For example we don't see you trying to point this out:
"The roots of western European anti-Blackness lie in the Middle Ages, in the Crusades to seize Arab lands, said Cord Whitaker, a professor at Wellesley College and author of “Black Metaphors: How Racism Emerged from Medieval Race-Thinking.” It was during this era that “you started to see the idea that darkness of skin, blackness, denoted potential evil,” said Whitaker. “It was still not the racial ideology we have today, but it was an important step in getting there.”
White Supremacy Goes Back to the Crusades | Black Agenda Report

Or this:

Unpacking The Super Exploitation of Black Women | Black Agenda Report

Or this:

" The UN report shows that the hatefulness around the African migrant is misplaced. The reasons for major flows of migration to Europe actually come from within Europe itself. Those leaving war zones—Syria and Afghanistan in West Asia, but also Eritrea and Libya—come in expected numbers as they flee bombs that are often produced inside Europe."

Europe’s Greedy Lending to Africa Drives the Migration That Fuels the EU’s Xenophobic Politics | Black Agenda Report

"Blacks and Native Americans continue to pose a threat to the “conquistador white settler nation,” agues Tiffany King, author of “The Black Shoals: Offshore Formations of Black and Native Studies.” King is a professor of Women’s, Gender and Sexuality Studies at the University of Georgia. “There are impulses within both Black abolition and Native decolonization that are fundamentally about ending the US,” said King."

Fundamental Black and Native Opposition to White Setller State | Black Agenda Report

Blacks and Palestinians struggle against the same global matrix of interlocking oppressions.

“Just as the US Black midleadership class accommodate systemic white racism, the Palestinian misleadership class grease the gears of Israeli apartheid.”

My recent visit to Palestine clarified how Palestinian and black oppression is an integral part of an integrated global politico-economic structure of white racism that shares similar subjugating techniques such as criminalization, extrajudicial killings, and mass imprisonment. Black folks and Palestinians are struggling against the same systems of “interlocking oppression” in what sociologist Patricia Hill Collins terms the “matrix of domination.” From reading Noura Erakat (“Whiteness as Property in Israel”), Alex Lubin (Geographies of Liberation: The Making of an Afro-Arab Political Imaginary), and Sami Chertrit (Intra-Jewish Conflict in Israel) I knew beforehand, in an intellectual sense, about the structural brutality of Israeli apartheid and occupation, but I was caught off guard by its unconcealed cruelty and inhumanity.

In Israel, especially within the Occupied Palestinian Territories, no pretense exists to conceal the virulent practices of white racism as an individual rather than systemic problem. Instead, Israel deploys the more direct U.S. tactic of structurally vilifying and criminalizing the racially oppressed to justify their collective punishment and dispossession. Like its American counterpart, Israeli white racism manifests itself as highly institutionalized social conditions and practices rather than something that exists solely within the minds of racial bigots.

Parallels Between Black and Palestinian Struggles | Black Agenda Report

But you chose this site in order to validate your racist opinion. You did this because you could point to your use of this site to counter arguments about your racism. It's a standard tactic.

I agree with all of that, yet, when I disagree with you about Obama? It is a "racist opinion?"

Tell me why?

First off the claim of him not being black. Secondly, we have discussed those other matters and I don't seem to recall you posting anything from the black agenda report.

I can see that racism is a major blight on US society. It sort of shocks me. We have issues in the UK but nothing like I see on these forums.

Racists in the UK can kiss goodbye to a career in the public eye but in the US they get sent to Washington.

How do you cope with it on a personal level ? What do you tell your kids ? How do you rationalise this and keep your temper ?

The funny thing is you think everything you see on the internet can be used as the broadest of broad brushes.

He hasn't done that.

He hasn't done that.

YEah he has.

Using the shit posted here as a general rule for the entire country is the very definition of painting with a very broad brush

He hasn't done that.

YEah he has.

Using the shit posted here as a general rule for the entire country is the very definition of painting with a very broad brush

No he has not. Racism is a problem in American society. This forum is not the only place where Americans express what is posted here.

He hasn't done that.

YEah he has.

No he has not. Racism is a problem in American society. This forum is not the only place where Americans express what is posted here.

Don't have to tell me that.

It will always be a problem as long as people keep engaging in it.

There are some of us who were treated like shit by both Blacks and Whites. Too White to be Black and too Black to be White

I never said he wasn't Black, or not black enough.

I don't care about any of that.

WTH? :dunno:

I am simply pointing out the obvious, Obama is an agent of the establishment, of the upper crust, an Elite that represents neither you nor I.

Get over your delusions already.

Haiphong_845x400%20%281%29_0.jpg

Obama Condemns “Call Out Culture” Despite Being Its Biggest Beneficiary
Obama Condemns “Call Out Culture” Despite Being Its Biggest Beneficiary | Black Agenda Report

BAR-logo-2-3.png

White racists trying to use information from supposedly black websites get no play here. You weren't pointing out the obvious, you're trying to push a racist opinion.

So. . . you call me a racist. . .

You deny the source material. . .

and you call things you don't like racist. . .

Wow. . .

Any other fallacious behavior you would like to engage in to deny reality?

Here is more from the head editor that runs that site, on when they first encountered Obama. One of his editors went to college with Obama.

Hey, if you can't win an argument, riddle it with Ad hom, right? :71:

4587614.jpg

Glen Ford’s Ethical Dilemma
https://bigthink.com/podcast/elif-shafak

". . . .Those questions were: If you are elected to the senate, will you introduce legislation to withdraw from NAFTA? If you are elected to the senate, will you introduce legislation for single payer healthcare? If you are elected to the senate, will you introduce legislation to withdraw immediately from Iraq?

He then proceeded over a period of a week to fashion answers to that question. In the end, they were a fuzzy mish-mash of non-answers and Bruce Dixon and I had a decision to make—were we going to pass him or fail him? We, at that time, did not want to be seen as the proverbial crabs in a barrel, people who are anxious, when a brother’s trying to climb up, to pull him back down.

And so even though we agreed that he had flunked the bright lines test, that he was not a progressive, we declared that he had passed the test. That was a dilemma and we failed our own test. I’ve never regretted a political decision as much as having passed Barack Obama when he should have failed the test; and we never made that mistake again.

Recorded on: August 6, 2009."

Black Agenda Report - Media Bias/Fact Check

About Us | Black Agenda Report

Yep. But I am not losing anything. When we present peer reviewed fact based information from whites who describe how whites practice racism today, those like you dismiss it. So I am dismissing your singular use of a black site to validate your racism.

For example we don't see you trying to point this out:
"The roots of western European anti-Blackness lie in the Middle Ages, in the Crusades to seize Arab lands, said Cord Whitaker, a professor at Wellesley College and author of “Black Metaphors: How Racism Emerged from Medieval Race-Thinking.” It was during this era that “you started to see the idea that darkness of skin, blackness, denoted potential evil,” said Whitaker. “It was still not the racial ideology we have today, but it was an important step in getting there.”
White Supremacy Goes Back to the Crusades | Black Agenda Report

Or this:

Unpacking The Super Exploitation of Black Women | Black Agenda Report

Or this:

" The UN report shows that the hatefulness around the African migrant is misplaced. The reasons for major flows of migration to Europe actually come from within Europe itself. Those leaving war zones—Syria and Afghanistan in West Asia, but also Eritrea and Libya—come in expected numbers as they flee bombs that are often produced inside Europe."

Europe’s Greedy Lending to Africa Drives the Migration That Fuels the EU’s Xenophobic Politics | Black Agenda Report

"Blacks and Native Americans continue to pose a threat to the “conquistador white settler nation,” agues Tiffany King, author of “The Black Shoals: Offshore Formations of Black and Native Studies.” King is a professor of Women’s, Gender and Sexuality Studies at the University of Georgia. “There are impulses within both Black abolition and Native decolonization that are fundamentally about ending the US,” said King."

Fundamental Black and Native Opposition to White Setller State | Black Agenda Report

Blacks and Palestinians struggle against the same global matrix of interlocking oppressions.

“Just as the US Black midleadership class accommodate systemic white racism, the Palestinian misleadership class grease the gears of Israeli apartheid.”

My recent visit to Palestine clarified how Palestinian and black oppression is an integral part of an integrated global politico-economic structure of white racism that shares similar subjugating techniques such as criminalization, extrajudicial killings, and mass imprisonment. Black folks and Palestinians are struggling against the same systems of “interlocking oppression” in what sociologist Patricia Hill Collins terms the “matrix of domination.” From reading Noura Erakat (“Whiteness as Property in Israel”), Alex Lubin (Geographies of Liberation: The Making of an Afro-Arab Political Imaginary), and Sami Chertrit (Intra-Jewish Conflict in Israel) I knew beforehand, in an intellectual sense, about the structural brutality of Israeli apartheid and occupation, but I was caught off guard by its unconcealed cruelty and inhumanity.

In Israel, especially within the Occupied Palestinian Territories, no pretense exists to conceal the virulent practices of white racism as an individual rather than systemic problem. Instead, Israel deploys the more direct U.S. tactic of structurally vilifying and criminalizing the racially oppressed to justify their collective punishment and dispossession. Like its American counterpart, Israeli white racism manifests itself as highly institutionalized social conditions and practices rather than something that exists solely within the minds of racial bigots.

Parallels Between Black and Palestinian Struggles | Black Agenda Report

But you chose this site in order to validate your racist opinion. You did this because you could point to your use of this site to counter arguments about your racism. It's a standard tactic.

I agree with all of that, yet, when I disagree with you about Obama? It is a "racist opinion?"

Tell me why?

First off the claim of him not being black. Secondly, we have discussed those other matters and I don't seem to recall you posting anything from the black agenda report.

Maybe you just never pay attention to me, because it would have to mean you are wrong about me? :aug08_031:

Trump wants no part of Biden post number #53

You loons can talk all you want but Trump wants no part of Biden. Biden will beat Trump. And while you loons barked about how Sanders was robbed, you fail to realize that the man who could really have won in 2016 chose not to run and to supported Hillary. Let Biden stand across from Trump in a debate. He will roast Trump. So run your mouths with Trumps nicknames, but his time is almost up.
I'm sure the nation's predators will love voting from him.

:auiqs.jpg:

Why do you supporters of a serial sexual predator talk this shit?

I wasn't talking about sexual predators. But you have a good point. :icon_rolleyes:

That was hearken back to his dog whistle of the '94 crime bill. I could have just as well said, "crime and punishment," "law and order," "keeping our streets safe from the riff raff," etc.

But you get the idea.

If you are a "clean" looking negro, you know what I mean. Biden is a known bigot. And a shill for the military-industrial-corporate sector.

He is no friend of the small folks.

Obama's Choice of Biden: ‘The Devil Made Me Do It."
https://blackagendareport.com/content/obama’s-choice-biden-‘-devil-made-me-do-it”

". . . Joe Biden is as much a war monger as George Bush. And the Devil had nothing to do with Obama choosing Biden as his running mate. Obama, like Flip Wilson's Geraldine, is doing what comes naturally. He was never a progressive - he just briefly played one to win points in an Illinois Democratic primary election six years ago. Ever since, Obama has been searching for his comfort zone, and moving steadily to the Right. Obama and Biden are quite compatible. To the Devil with both of them.. . . "

Donkey In A Hole: Don't Expect Democrats To Change Much in 2018
Donkey In A Hole: Don't Expect Democrats To Change Much in 2018 | Black Agenda Report

". . .Two recent reports in the corporate media make the Democratic Party’s disdain for Sanders increasingly clear. Just prior to the New Year, Politico published a piece that argues that the Democratic Party can defeat Trump with nothing more than a “Generic Democrat.” “Generic Democrat” is a watered-down term for corporate Democrat. Former Democratic National Committee chair Ed Rendell agreed, promoting former Vice President Joe Biden as the only “superstar” in the party that can defeat Trump. This is the same arch-racist Biden that has repeatedly mocked Asia as the “Orient” and spoken down to Africans alongside Barack Obama. Its also the same Biden that has received large donations from the banking industry , helped author the 1994 crime bill that vastly increased mass incarceration, and voted for the Iraq invasion of 2003.

Democratic Party leadership hopes that Biden and other corporate Democrats will see their stock rise in the coming 2018 elections. Party leadership has invested much of nearly two years waging a two-headed war against progressive politics in the United States in the guise of the so-called “Russian probe.” The ongoing Senate Intelligence Committee investigation into so-called Russian interference in the 2016 campaign has both intensified the US imperialist war against Russia and its allies and brought significant consequences for the US left. Google and Facebook have changed their algorithms to suppress content from sites such as the American Herald Tribune, Black Agenda Report, and RT. Green Party Presidential Jill Stein has also become a target of the anti-Russian campaign . Yet the US maintains its illegal presence along the Russian border and in Syria under the false pretense that Russia is illegally occupying its own sovereign territory and that of its allies.

That the Democratic Party has repressed the left and simultaneously pushed for war is in keeping with recent history. What has been called “Russiagate” is nothing but a further slip down the rightward slope the Democrats have been sliding down for decades. Anti-Russian hysteria is a desperate attempt to move progressive and radical forces into the gates of the Democratic Party’s graveyard of social movements. In prior Administrations, top Democrats pursued policies such as the elimination of welfare and regime change in Yugoslavia and Libya while promising to protect its constituents from the horrors of the Republican White Man’s Party. At present, the Democratic Party has nothing to offer to even its most ardent supporters unless they sit at the top of the income bracket. . ."
Quoted above there for you in red ^^^^^

Honestly though? I have been following Glen since he endorsed Cynthia against Obama in '08.

Archived here;

Glen Ford Endorses Cynthia McKinney

That was the last time I ever voted for president. You probably didn't even realize that one of the senior editors of BAR was Jill Stein's running mate, Ajamu Baraka.

Sorry I don't fit your narrative of supporting the Neo-colonial -- neo-libs and neo-cons, institutional divide and conquer elite bullshit. I am just a poor powerless American, just like you.

:71:

I have no desire to have government or the man steal from my brother, or declare and occupy poor folks and steal their resources around the world. Sorry.

Poor Russians and Arabs are not my enemies. Corporations that want to kill and steal using the blood of American soldiers for Wall Street profits are.

If you can't compete without violence, stealing and plundering like Genghis Khan? You aren't doing it the American way, IMHO.

Last edited:
Tommy, racism is nowhere near as prevalent as our biased media portrays it. The media pushes this idea because it's just another swipe at President Trump. They incorrectly portray him as racist and our country being more racist because of him. Nothing could be further from the truth. It's complete BS.

More than a year after President Donald Trump won the election, there are still some questions about what drove him to victory: Was it genuine anxiety about the state of the economy? Or was it racism and racial resentment?

Over at the Washington Post, researchers Matthew Fowler, Vladimir Medenica, and Cathy Cohen have published the results of a new survey on these questions, with a focus on the 41 percent of white millennials who voted for Trump and the sense of “white vulnerability” that motivated them. The conclusion is very clear:

Contrary to what some have suggested, white millennial Trump voters were not in more economically precarious situations than non-Trump voters. Fully 86 percent of them reported being employed, a rate similar to non-Trump voters; and they were 14 percent less likely to be low income than white voters who did not support Trump. Employment and income were not significantly related to that sense of white vulnerability.

Even when controlling for partisanship, ideology, region and a host of other factors, white millennials fit Michael Tesler’s analysis, explored here. As he put it, economic anxiety isn’t driving racial resentment; rather, racial resentment is driving economic anxiety. We found, as he has in a larger population, that racial resentment is the biggest predictor of white vulnerability among white millennials. Economic variables like education, income and employment made a negligible difference.

I hope it’s not rude to interrupt the Donald Trump victory celebration, but I have a confession: I was wrong. I gave Trump’s voters more sympathy than they deserve.

It’s hardly consoling that I was parroting conventional wisdom, which understood the Donald’s enthusiasts as the left-behind lunchpail set: workers without college degrees who couldn’t get traction in a merciless economy managed by indifferent elites. Sure, the billionaire’s vile rhetoric attracted bigots, but just as important, he was a carrot-coiffed middle finger, flipped to the out-of-touch Man on behalf of people struggling to make rent.

I bought into this narrative, arguing that we should help the needy, including Trump voters. I still think we should do that, but I’m no longer convinced that many Trump voters would be helped. It turns out that they aren’t so much “the desperate, the damned, the disinherited,” to crib Jesse Jackson’s old line, as they are whites in a lather over racial diversity, fanned perhaps by angst over changing social mores.

Trump’s supporters are better off than many other Americans. So what else drives them?

Trump voters aren’t as loaded as their hero. But their median household income of $72,000 gives them considerably more than the $62,000 national median. Buttressing that point, Gallup conducted 87,000 interviews before the election and found, in The Washington Post’s words, that “those who view Trump favorably have not been disproportionately affected by foreign trade or immigration” — Trump’s signature issues — "compared with people with unfavorable views of the Republican presidential nominee. The results suggest that his supporters, on average, do not have lower incomes than other Americans, nor are they more likely to be unemployed.”

This reinforced exit polls during the primaries, which found Trump voter’s incomes comparable to those of Ted Cruz’s supporters, and higher than Hillary Clinton’s and Bernie Sanders’s.

Two new studies suggest Trump broadened the Republican Party's appeal by tapping into deep-seated anxieties and prejudices.
When blue-collar whites heard that implied message from Donald Trump, many realized it aligned with their own beliefs. As a result, they broke with precedent to support the Republican candidate for president.

That's the conclusion of a new study in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, the latest to analyze what drove Trump voters (aside from traditional party affiliation). Other recently published studies have pointed to the appeal of authoritarianism, or plain old racism and sexism.

University of Pennsylvania political scientist Diana Mutz reports a key group of voters—those who switched parties to vote for Trump—were motivated by the vision of a frightening fall in social status. In short, they feared they were in the process of losing their previously privileged positions.

This thesis is hardly new. In October of 2016—one month before the election—we reported that reminding whites that America is on its way to becoming a minority-majority country increased whites' support for Trump. "Trump has successfully tapped into the threat to group status (felt by many white Americans)," that researcher team wrote.

https://psmag.com/news/research-finds-that-racism-sexism-and-status-fears-drove-trump-voters

The media has pushed nothing. The facts presented by the opinions of Americans which they spoke themselves that show in these studies is evidence of just how much of a problem racism still is. For whites here who on one hand call blacks monkeys and savages, them make claims of our inherent low IQ based on irrelevant tests, to claim that racism is not a widespread problem in America is a lie on it's face.

And yet they go to great lengths to deny that they are racist and get offended when called on it. Here is a thread about a serious issue and they are jumping all over it, basically confirming the depth of their racist ignorance. I suspect that they were raised to this by trashy parents. They make me sick and I commend you for controlling your temper on this.

It is easier to control your anger when you educate yourself about the facts. These people are cowards and forums like this gives them the opportunity to say things they'd piss themselves before saying to a black persons face. In real life they have to answer the facts. Online they can get away with stupid comments.

Since I 've stood in front of white individuals, city councils, state representatives and US house and congress reps saying what I say here, my talk goes far beyond the internet. As for me being tough, maybe you should have stood across from me on some of those rugby pitches I played on so you could have learned first hand.

then you are not oppressed

In 2019, I should not be having this conversation and since whites like you practice racism differently now, the oppression continues. Whites such as yourself do not determine things for us.

Kekistan

symbol-kekistan.jpg

This flag mimics the German Nazi flag - the kekistan logo replaces a swastika and the green colour replaced the red.

Move on white supremacist.

Last edited:

He hasn't done that.

YEah he has.

There are some of us who were treated like shit by both Blacks and Whites. Too White to be Black and too Black to be White

Why do whites try equating the 400 years of crap we have taken from them to black who are pissed off about the way we keep getting treated?

In 2019, I should not be having this conversation and since whites like you practice racism differently now, the oppression continues. Whites such as yourself do not determine things for us.

Kekistan

symbol-kekistan.jpg

This flag mimics the German Nazi flag - the kekistan logo replaces a swastika and the green colour replaced the red.

You can kind of do that with any flag

He hasn't done that.

YEah he has.

Why do whites try equating the 400 years of crap we have taken from them to black who are pissed off about the way we keep getting treated?
Why do you want to blame Whites who had absolutely nothing to do with slavery for it?

The past is the past let it die already

Kekistan

symbol-kekistan.jpg

Is that an actual place ?

I don't really have to cope with it because my parents, grandparents and great grandparents paid the price and won the war...

As for a temper, I was raised with too much love to have any anger issues, cowards can't make me lose my temper.......I teach my kids the same thing..

Our last President was "born in Kenya", call me when you have a black PM or King
Our last president was born in Hawaii, but you have shown Tommy just how bad racism is here.

598A58D7E7DA48099B6985B0193F4427.png

1A647EA0BF2F400CBC1EFAEF7F34585F.jpg

This is fake. The person involved in this has said so.

"The editor of the biographical text about Barack Obama which was included in the booklet maintained that the mention of Kenya was an error on her part and was not based on any information provided to her by Obama himself:"

Miriam Goderich edited the text of the bio; she is now a partner at the Dystel & Goderich agency, which lists Obama as one of its current clients.

“You’re undoubtedly aware of the brouhaha stirred up by Breitbart about the erroneous statement in a client list Acton & Dystel published in 1991 (for circulation within the publishing industry only) that Barack Obama was born in Kenya. This was nothing more than a fact checking error by me — an agency assistant at the time,” Goderich wrote. “There was never any information given to us by Obama in any of his correspondence or other communications suggesting in any way that he was born in Kenya and not Hawaii. I hope you can communicate to your readers that this was a simple mistake and nothing more.”

A New York Times article about Barack Obama published in 1990, a year before the Acton & Dystel promotional booklet was issued, correctly identified his birthplace as Hawaii.

You're fake - and a rube. Obama played you, he's laughing at you
Which makes Obama one of the most brilliant and powerful presidents in US history...

Because despite not being president for 3 years, he managed to get half of the next president's campaign indicted and the president impeached....

That's pretty impressive.....I wonder why Trump never told us what his investigators found when they investigated Obama's birth certificate??

Wonder why Trump had to bow down before Obama and admit he was born here?? Man that Obama is one powerful dude....

Forum List

Back