A question for Bible scholars or Theologians

Some Jews believe "rib" is a mistranslation. Since god had female parts, and he made Adam in his image, he took the female parts from adam and created eve.

Some Jews believe "rib" is a mistranslation. Since god had female parts, and he made Adam in his image, he took the female parts from adam and created eve.
Gosh TN, I didn't know you were a theologian or a Bible scholar.

There were Hebrew translators and many others who wrote the Bible. It took six hundred years for it to get translated for everyone could get an English copy.

Per the rib. This one stumped me when I was searching for the meanings. It just didn't make sense to me what the general precept of Christian theology had been pushing for so many years so I asked, "God what is this whole rib nonsense. On Christmas morning I awoke with hearing, "Look it up" and recalled seeing the spelling in my dreams, RYIB. So I got out our very very old 1800's dictionary that is over a foot think and started searching (thank God it hadn't been stolen like everything else in the banker/thug raid. It was one thing we kept with us as that all went down). That is where I found it and of course I looked in the Lexicon too but the pieces did not all fit perfectly for me until I learned more about the Hebrew language.

[/QUOTE]If there are scriptures that are silent to/for you it means you are not readied for them yet.

Noah described the heavenly nature of how there are hosts in heaven for everything living thing that is on/in earth. Perhaps at some point you may be ready to receive that and the Holy Spirit will lead you to where that is written.[/QUOTE]

"Silent for me"?? I have a copy of the Bible like anyone else, and I believe it's pretty complete. God would be capable of editing His own book, wouldn't He? Then I would comfortably say if something is not stated in scripture, God left it out for a good reason. I'm not trying to imply that scriptures that are written are "silent to me". I literally mean they are not written at all, they don't exist. And of course God does not make additional passages appear from nowhere when He feels people are "ready" for them. That would mean to some people the scriptures would be incomplete, thus making God inconsistent when He says He is truth. God's Word is complete now and forever, whether I'm ready for it or not, which I'm very happy it is. I do not believe in the acquiring of additional secret knowledge and scriptures as I progress as a Christian, in case this is where you might have been heading in your reply. That sounds very Gnostic, and even matches Luciferian doctrines that the Illuminati and Freemasons teach.

I'm comfortable with simply taking my completed copy of scripture for face value and have faith that God has written"complete" truth, and if something is not stated, I simply don't need to know.

"Silent for me"?? I have a copy of the Bible like anyone else, and I believe it's pretty complete. God would be capable of editing His own book, wouldn't He? Then I would comfortably say if something is not stated in scripture, God left it out for a good reason. I'm not trying to imply that scriptures that are written are "silent to me". I literally mean they are not written at all, they don't exist. And of course God does not make additional passages appear from nowhere when He feels people are "ready" for them. That would mean to some people the scriptures would be incomplete, thus making God inconsistent when He says He is truth. God's Word is complete now and forever, whether I'm ready for it or not, which I'm very happy it is. I do not believe in the acquiring of additional secret knowledge and scriptures as I progress as a Christian, in case this is where you might have been heading in your reply. That sounds very Gnostic, and even matches Luciferian doctrines that the Illuminati and Freemasons teach.

I'm comfortable with simply taking my completed copy of scripture for face value and have faith that God has written"complete" truth, and if something is not stated, I simply don't need to know.
I did not say the Bible was incomplete. Your ability to understand it all can be lacking and your precepts are flawed as you are but a human and you are not done growing spiritually yet. It would be akin to trying to teach a two year old calculus when they have not learned all of the numbers yet.

There were Hebrew translators and many others who wrote the Bible. It took six hundred years for it to get translated for everyone could get an English copy.

Per the rib. This one stumped me when I was searching for the meanings. It just didn't make sense to me what the general precept of Christian theology had been pushing for so many years so I asked, "God what is this whole rib nonsense. On Christmas morning I awoke with hearing, "Look it up" and recalled seeing the spelling in my dreams, RYIB. So I got out our very very old 1800's dictionary that is over a foot think and started searching (thank God it hadn't been stolen like everything else in the banker/thug raid. It was one thing we kept with us as that all went down). That is where I found it and of course I looked in the Lexicon too but the pieces did not all fit perfectly for me until I learned more about the Hebrew language.
Jgosh rodishi, I didn't know I said it was. I stated what they believe.
There are many mistrabslations you Christians believe in. That's fact.
Rib is just another :dunno:

Your precepts are off trying to lump everyone's belief into your tainted version of what ALL Christians are like but hey that is an issue you can work on for yourself.
Perhaps you didn't actually read who the question was posed to?

Your precepts are off trying to lump everyone's belief into your tainted version of what ALL Christians are like but hey that is an issue you can work on for yourself.
The new testament is mistranslated, genius
Do you have your own translated copy or or something? Holy shit...
How many people do you think are actual scholars or theologians?
Stop being so dumb

Stop being so dumb
"Being dumb" ???, a lot of people on here have made such a claim or posted as if they are such.

"Mistranslated" so you and others say and make that claim. I think more like it is misunderstood as people tend to think with their earthly precepts rather than basing the understanding as a spiritual one. Many do not know or understand what it means to walk in the spirit.

Stop being so dumb
"Being dumb" ???, a lot of people on here have made such a claim or posted as if they are such.

"Mistranslated" so you and others say and make that claim. I think more like it is misunderstood as people tend to think with their earthly precepts rather than basing the understanding as a spiritual one. Many do not know or understand what it means to walk in the spirit.
Yes. The Hebrew dont know their own language. Their translation of their holy book is wrong. Just like they dont understand their own messianic prophecy.
You Christian's are something else.

Stop being so dumb

Yes. The Hebrew dont know their own language. Their translation of their holy book is wrong. Just like they dont understand their own messianic prophecy.
You Christian's are something else.
The New Testament was originally written in mostly Koine Judeo Greek. An Aramaic source text was also used for portions of the Gospels of the New Testament.

Hebrew Traditionally from an ancestral name Eber, literally "one from the other side," or "from the region beyond". Biblical speak it is an Israelite host, that which comes from beyond the reaches of mere earthy carnal mind.

Like you some think when an inspired text is talking about an actual Hebrew they are talking about merely a earthly/fleshly human being. In that you are in error. Without the Holy Spirit nothing world have ever been written as the people who created the original texts would have never been divinely inspired to document what the saw, experienced, and so forth.

It's metaphorical; fncceo mailed it.

For a different take ....

Bible Professor Believes This One 'Mistranslated' Word Means Eve Was Not Created From Adam's Rib — but From a Very Different Body Part

Zevit believes “tsela” refers to “limbs lateral to the vertical axis of an erect human body: hands, feet, or, in the case of males, the penis.”

And the only one of those limbs lacking a bone is the penis. Eve’s creation from the penis bone could offer one explanation as to why humans differ from many other mammals in lacking the baculum, Zevit wrote.

lollerz.

As for 'time', I don't think it mattered at that point, when Adam was 'immortal' and 'time' as we measure it didn't exist in any meaningful sense.

Last edited:
Well, what ever God took, Adam had more than one of them:
And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, ...

One Jews take on it:
Not only is tzela "rib" in post-biblical Hebrew, it has cognates meaning rib in practically every Semitic language we know. That powerfully indicates that tzela meant “rib” thousands and thousands of years before proto-Semitic split up into the different Semitic languages: Aramaic has ala, Arabic has dhala, Akkadian has tzela. All these and other cognates are exactly in the form we would expect if the original proto-Semitic word slowly morphed into different words for rib as the different Semitic languages drifted apart.

It is rib in the Septuagint, translated in the third century BC.
They make great Bibles that includes Koinonia Greek, and Hebrew.

How long do you think the Lord leaves Adam asleep before he is awakened and given Eve or Chava?

Dunno. Only time I've ever questioned a time event was during the crucifiction. When Jesuseus was o nthe cross there was a time change. Forward, I believe. Remember, they fell into darkness fr three hours? Anyway, The Nazarines changed their time at midnight and the Hebrews made their change in the day time. So, Jesus crucified at the third hour and john on the sixth. Ta da.

The moral of the story is that this is why on that night the Hebrews started their Sabbath at 9pm. Except the Essenes and the Magians were still three hours away fro mtheir Sabbath. Time-wise, that is. So they had three hours to take care of Jesus, that's why others were not allowed. Know what I mean? And that's why the women wigged out when they saw the stone moved on Sunday Morning. Not so much because it had been moved. But that it was moved on the Sabbath. Again, recall the forward tiem change.

But, anyway, no, dunno the answer to your question and I've no intention to derail your thread. But that always pops into my head whenever someone askes a question about time as it pertains to scripture. It's the darndest thing. The Ascension, I mean.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back