A question about the Obama win

First I'm not taking anything away from the Obama win not griping complaining or questioning it my question about it is this was it based more on support of his policies or his own personal popularity? I asked this because there was no major shift in the House for the Democrats and only a slight shift for them in the Senate basically the balance of power is right where it was after the 2010 midterms it seems to me if there was major support for Obama's policies you would have seen more off a shift in the Democrats favor in the House and Senate.

It's a hell of a lot easier to win House seats than the Senate or WH. Because you only have to appeal to a Majority of people in one District in your state. That is how Republicans were able to hold the house.

Their problem is with National and State Elections. I think what Tue Showed us, is they can't win National Elections anymore.

Playing the race card ,is getting old. Seriously, get over it.

He ran a better campaign than Romney, and in the end voters said they felt Obama was their candidate, and Romney was for the rich. I don't think actual policy had a lot to do with the decision.

Typical liberal mentality, "running a better campaign" means demonizing a successful business man, accusing him of being a felon, accusing him of being responsible for the death of a woman. class warfare, economic warfare, and racial warfare, yep,, it's that's better, I'll go with worse.

First I'm not taking anything away from the Obama win not griping complaining or questioning it my question about it is this was it based more on support of his policies or his own personal popularity? I asked this because there was no major shift in the House for the Democrats and only a slight shift for them in the Senate basically the balance of power is right where it was after the 2010 midterms it seems to me if there was major support for Obama's policies you would have seen more off a shift in the Democrats favor in the House and Senate.

most of this election was a big win for democrats.

Them are the facts.

in 2010 the republicans invented the tea party so they could shift the blame from the horrible years of Bush in the corner.

The Americans people were fooled into thinking it was a real movement.

Now they know what the tea party really is.

They saw how the tea party acted in office.

they didnt like it.

Now there is a shift.

a shift to the facts.

the facts are not on the republican side.

that is why your party is dying.

You all live in a Fox created Faux world.

I'm praying for Gridlock on almost every issue.

then you hate your country.

what are you all going to do, continue to stamp your little baby feet and hold your breath til you turn blue?

the people in washington have a job to do...

Not that I am for more Grid lock, But I can understand when the Republicans in the House might think that is what they are there for. I mean they did it for 2 years, and were not voted out of Power in the house, on the contrary they gained a couple seats.

But they would be wrong, the people want bi-partisanship.

Poor dainty boy, ALL the US House seats ARE up for a vote every 2 years. Did you fail your civics class in Jr. High?

still struggling with Reading and Comprehension 101? :eusa_shhh:

"If ALL the US House and US Senate seats had been up for a vote..."

clue: there is no comma after the 5th word :rofl: commas are used to separate list items. you are FOX Newsing and hearing "If ALL the US House, and US Senate seats..."

Poor dainty boy, you can't spin your way out of this one, all the house seats were up and you see the result. America voted for the status quo, Moabama got himself a stale'mate, which was much better than he deserved. The 2010 mandate for the house was renewed and they will not roll over for your dear leader.

still struggling with Reading and Comprehension 101? :eusa_shhh:

I think the voters have no clue as to what they want. The popular vote for President was slim, many Senate seats were slim, many House races were tight. So, I really think we as Americans don't know what we want. I was listening to a talk show host claiming the victory was a clear mandate for Obama. I didn't get that sense at all. If the Senate does their job and quits sitting on every bill the House puts out there, maybe we can compromise and get something done. But then again, what do we want done?

I'm not so sure that gridlock is a bad thing.

The President was the only one running nationally. What was his campaign promising to do? What was his agenda, the one the majority of Americans voted for?

Grid lock sucks. It is not the same thing as a Congress that does little. you are an idiot spinning like a top

you also made bizarre predictions and statements about the Romney chances

To answer the OP, I believe it was a mix of personal popularity and policies.

Obama had made progress in his years in office and it's not something you can ignore. While the Economy hasn't improved much, it has been stopped from getting worse and it's a big challenge especially with the population increase. We need to make 125,000 jobs nationwide each month just to keep up with the population increase in this economy.

But thats not the only thing, there are many factors that are related to our challenge with the economy and Obama really has tried to help.

When people acknowledged that, they looked at Romney as if he was swill.

:clap2:

To answer the OP, I believe it was a mix of personal popularity and policies.

Obama had made progress in his years in office and it's not something you can ignore. While the Economy hasn't improved much, it has been stopped from getting worse and it's a big challenge especially with the population increase. We need to make 125,000 jobs nationwide each month just to keep up with the population increase in this economy.

But thats not the only thing, there are many factors that are related to our challenge with the economy and Obama really has tried to help.

When people acknowledged that, they looked at Romney as if he was swill.

To be honest I've always looked at obama as if he was swill.

I'm praying for Gridlock on almost every issue.

then you hate your country.

what are you all going to do, continue to stamp your little baby feet and hold your breath til you turn blue?

the people in washington have a job to do...

Wrong. I love my country. Just a FYI: this is the point of checks and balances. If laws got passed non-stop the government wouldn't be doing their job. Most laws are bad.

Outside of a few issues, I have no interest in seeing anything that the Republicans or Democrats want to do become reality.

He ran a better campaign than Romney, and in the end voters said they felt Obama was their candidate, and Romney was for the rich. I don't think actual policy had a lot to do with the decision.

Typical liberal mentality, "running a better campaign" means demonizing a successful business man, accusing him of being a felon, accusing him of being responsible for the death of a woman. class warfare, economic warfare, and racial warfare, yep,, it's that's better, I'll go with worse.

Oh nos, a political campaign where opponents lie about each other and paint each other in a bad light. What is the world coming to :rolleyes:

Oh nos, a political campaign where opponents lie about each other and paint each other in a bad light. What is the world coming to :rolleyes:

I guess we know what your values are, why should a political advertisement not be held to the same standard as a soap commercial? Maobama raised almost a billion dollars using lies and deceit, that is fraud. But hey, he's a commiecrat politician so all's right with the world.

Obama got 98% black vote. Who played the race card.

No one had to, Republicans are Republicans, even stupid minorities can see that.

No one had to, Republicans are Republicans, even stupid minorities can see that.

I didnt know you were a minority.
Which party has supported teachers' unions and failing inner city schools?
Which party has supported policies that have made out of wedlock births in the black community about 75%?
Which party delivers dependency?

Right, the Democrats. The Democrats hate the idea of a strong independent black population. They want to keep them stupid and dependent. Like this woman:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpAOwJvTOio]Original Obamaphone Lady: Obama Voter Says Vote for Obama because he gives a free Phone - YouTube[/ame]

Obama wins in 2008 with overwhelming support from blacks, black poverty sky rockets and the number of blacks on food stamps does as well. Obama elected in 2012 with overwhelming support from blacks. HERP DERP

Which party has supported policies that have made out of wedlock births in the black community about 75%?

Right, the Democrats. The Democrats hate the idea of a strong independent black population. They want to keep them stupid and dependent. Like this woman:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpAOwJvTOio]Original Obamaphone Lady: Obama Voter Says Vote for Obama because he gives a free Phone - YouTube[/ame]

I am from a mixed marriage. There is a lot that you do not know.

Last edited:

Typical whitewing bullshit. Tell this shit to your white friends, not us.

OK, I'll try to give a straight answer. The House resultsd are driven by the fact that republicans controlled an unusually large number of state legislators following the 2010 election and thus controlled redistricting. Any political scientist worth his salt predicted a Republican shift of 30--35 seats based on redistricting. By a quirk of numbers this turned out to be almost exactly the same magnitude as the Democratic advantage based on changed demographics between 2008 and 2012 and the better Democratic campaign performance. Also a few seats were lost by Republicans because of overreaching on a radical agenda (although this was more apparent in the Senate races in Indiana and Missouri). In Florida for example, Alan West lost his seat and Alan Grayson regained his.

Not many people have noticed yet that the Democratic Senate has lost most of the "conservative" Democrats while some of the newly elected senators are younger, more progressive, and far more combative than the senators they replace (Heitkamp, Warren, Murphy, and Baldwin come to mind). The big winner of the night was Patty Murray the DSCC chair who essentially did the impossible by almost running the table, defending l 23 Democrat senate seats at risk, including seats of seven retiring senators, and only losing Nebraska. So the Senate shifted sigificantly leftward, but mostly at the expense of conservative Democrats.

So Democratic politicos feel pretty good right now abut 2014 and 2016. There seems to be no indication that the conservative movement intends to re-evaluate its course of self-destruction. It goes out of its way to alienate Hispanics, blacks, Asians, women, and the LGBTQ community and everyone who does not buy into their movement. Demographics run against the Republican Party if it can't adapt. But they are taking the sure road to extinction; doubling down on dumb.

Keep it up Tea Party. Keep insulting and antagonizing the people you need to win elections rather than trying to persuade them. No need to change when you have such a winning formula. Trash Nate Silver and pillory the pollsters. All they did was tell the truth about what their numbers were saying. Blame everyone else. Remember God is on your side in a Holy War. Never forget; God, guns, and gays. Keep it up.

And when you see me smiling, remember the dictum of Sun Tzu, "Never interfere with an enemy in the process of destroying himself."

Even though I am from the Right, this is probably the best response in this topic so far, so it warrants a repeat appearance. :D

When you look at how gerrymandered our system is, you aren't going to see the center of mass move in big lurches any more. However, if you look at what is happening at the margins, then you see a giant shift leftward in this election. Gay marriage proponents had a clean sweep in every state the issue was on the ballot, pot is being legalized here and there, the Democrats made some gains in the Senate, and right wing extremists were shown the door.

Obama made it a point to say he was going to raise taxes on the rich in every campaign speech he made, and so his election is an unequivocal endorsement of that plank.

If anyone believes Obama does not have a mandate to tax the rich "a little bit more", they are badly mistaken.

Last edited:

Obama won because he is black, because he catered to illegal aliens, because he gave lots of free things to lazy welfare bums, because he lied to all of us, because he is a smooth talking community organizer, because he had an army of Kool-Aid drinking assholes working for him and convincing dumb people that do not stop listening to jive ass rap music long enough to listen to any of the news about what is happening in the real world to vote for his sorry Marxist ass.

Just wait 'til he starts paying back his contributors this time!

Forum List

Back