a question about the bush administration

deepthunk

Justadude with a keyboard
Feb 19, 2011
today i was thinking about how screwed up in every possible way the bush administration was, and i had a thought. why cant bush be prosecuted for sending human beings to egypt to be tortured? It's no secret that this happened, and furthermore it took me less than 5 minutes on line to find legal precedence to do just that under 18 USC § 2340A. Thats the law under which charles "chucky" taylor was prosecuted for doing THE EXACT SAME THING! and get this, taylor used the exact same justification, "fighting terrorism". your site wount allow me to post a link to an article about the taylor case however you can look it up.
can someone please tell me HOW IN THE NAME OF GOD BUSH IS GETTING AWAY WITH THIS? seriously i want to know,whats the excuse for this? when the democrats had full control of the Federal government FOR TWO YEARS! please i would really like to hear the explanation for this.

today i was thinking about how screwed up in every possible way the bush administration was, and i had a thought. why cant bush be prosecuted for sending human beings to egypt to be tortured? It's no secret that this happened, and furthermore it took me less than 5 minutes on line to find legal precedence to do just that under 18 USC § 2340A. Thats the law under which charles "chucky" taylor was prosecuted for doing THE EXACT SAME THING! and get this, taylor used the exact same justification, "fighting terrorism". your site wount allow me to post a link to an article about the taylor case however you can look it up.
can someone please tell me HOW IN THE NAME OF GOD BUSH IS GETTING AWAY WITH THIS? seriously i want to know,whats the excuse for this? when the democrats had full control of the Federal government FOR TWO YEARS! please i would really like to hear the explanation for this.

Because a prosecution would allow the defense to use discovery, aka, an in depth investigation.

That investigation would turn up the facts that almost all politicians in that decade supported this, maybe not publicly, but behind closed doors they knew this had to be done. They'd bring up the fact that Obama Admin is STILL doing this. That Sec of State H. Clinton knows we're still doing it. That Senator Biden knew. Speaker Pelosi knew. Reid knew.

Going after Bush with this would drag hundreds of others with him, right wing and left wing. Thats why the Dem controlled 2009-2010 years didn't see them go after him. Because they didn't wanna go with him.

Theres your answer.

Let's send Obama with him seeing how he re-authorized the evil Patriot Act.

Obama reauthorized it. But worse.........

JOE BIDEN wrote the Patriot Act............in 1995.

Say that one more time....Joe Biden wrote the Patriot Act in 1995!!!!

1995. 7 years pre-9-11. :eek:

We are waiting for you to join the conspiracy theory fools who think President Bush was behind the attack on 911....Once you sign on then you can indict him for both crimes.

:rock:

Didn't Clinton start the practice of sending suspects to foreign countries to be tortured?

How? Because the Republicans will not do it and the Dems do not have the balls to do it.

How? Because the Republicans will not do it and the Dems do not have the balls to do it.

how about we focus on ending the practice?

Let's send Obama with him seeing how he re-authorized the evil Patriot Act.

Obama reauthorized it. But worse.........

JOE BIDEN wrote the Patriot Act............in 1995.

Say that one more time....Joe Biden wrote the Patriot Act in 1995!!!!

1995. 7 years pre-9-11. :eek:

That explains why the republicans were so supportive of the patriot act then.
And why the vast majority of the Tea Party Caucus voted to extend it.

Won't work, except for a few ideologies like abortion and such we effectively only have a corporate party in the USA. And war is good for profits.

Won't work, except for a few ideologies like abortion and such we effectively only have a corporate party in the USA. And war is good for profits.

Sadly you are correct. I think those few ideologies that you speak of are just there to keep us bickering back and forth while the take complete control

"Deepthunk" must be the sound of logic hitting a stone wall. The procedure is called "Extraordinary Rendition" and it was authorized by president
Bubba in 1995. It's unclear if Clinton had his pants off or on when he signed the note giving the CIA the authorization.

Beyond trying that elitist sonofabitch for authorizing torture have you read or are you acquainted with the book, The Prosecution Of George W. Bush For Murder, by Vincent Bugliosi, a respected and highly proficient former federal prosecutor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't Clinton start the practice of sending suspects to foreign countries to be tortured?

I don't think so. The original kidnapping terror suspects anywhere in the world was used but that stared with Raygun. Some Egyptian nationals were sent to Egypt and may well have been tortured during Clintons tenure......but specifically rendering people to black sights for purpose of torturing them for information didn't start untill after 9-11.

China makes what Bush did look like sex in the champagne room. Why can't liberals think about that instead?

China makes what Bush did look like sex in the champagne room. Why can't liberals think about that instead?

We're not China are we? Why do you think it's okay to compare our behavior to China's?

We're not China are we? Why do you think it's okay to compare our behavior to China's?
Mark Twain called it house XXXXXXX reasoning. "I'm better off than those ******* out in the field" affirms acceptance that one is a XXXXXXX and minimizes the natural longing for freedom and equality.

129156679480544604.jpg

Forum List

Back