A question about Mitt Romney and tax returns

Mitt isn't going to release his returns. You people have seen all you're gonna see. (apparently that applies to actual policies he wants to enact as well)

It's their turn, peasants!

Can someone please explain why Mitt Romney requested and was given 10 years of tax returns from Paul Ryan when he was vetting him for the running mate slot but he refuses to provide the same information about himself to the American public?

I'm going to go with ... "duh"

Mitt isn't going to release his returns. You people have seen all you're gonna see. (apparently that applies to actual policies he wants to enact as well)

Well, since we know what policies our great leader will follow, there really is no possible downside, is there?

We all know why Mitt is reluctant to show us his tax returns.

Because they would put the lie to his constant reframe that the rich pay too high a percentage of their incomes as taxes.

What we would discover is that Mitt did absolutely nothing illegal and paid a very small percentage (possibly nothing at all some years) of his income in federal taxes.

THAT is why Mitt is hiding his tax returns, folks.

Because he is the poster child for the rich getting tax breaks.

Do you take deductions, do you use child credits.. Do you do everything in your power to pay lower taxes when doing your annual taxes in the legal ways.. I know we do// we make sure we get every credit that is legal so I dont have to pay one more penny then I have too. And we pay plenty taxes..

I don't believe that you pay "plenty taxes". But if your income is less than $1,000,000 per year and you pay more than Mitt...........you should be a bit ticked off.

Of course, that would require a moment of honest reflection.

He lives off of capital gains. The money he made to purchase the stocks were already taxeds.. So he is being Taxed twice for the money. So I am not pissed. And I am not angry what Romney does with his OWN money. What I am angry about is what Obama is doing with OUR Tax dollars..

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
I suspect he isn't because he took advantage of all the loopholes and such and didn't pay as much as people think ... or something along those lines. He didn't do anything illegal or he'd have had the IRS all over him and we'd know about it. He ought to come clean and just release 5 years worth but that would include 2009 and that's where the trouble return is, imo. By requesting 10 of Ryan but not doing the same it just makes people fill in the blanks and makes him look guilty. Dumb.

Do you take deductions, do you use child credits.. Do you do everything in your power to pay lower taxes when doing your annual taxes in the legal ways.. I know we do// we make sure we get every credit that is legal so I dont have to pay one more penny then I have too. And we pay plenty taxes..

I don't believe that you pay "plenty taxes". But if your income is less than $1,000,000 per year and you pay more than Mitt...........you should be a bit ticked off.

He lives off of capital gains. The money he made to purchase the stocks were already taxeds.. So he is being Taxed twice for the money. So I am not pissed.

He's taxed twice for the money? You obviously don't understand the capital gains tax.

When did he pay taxes on the money he gained?

Can someone please explain why Mitt Romney requested and was given 10 years of tax returns from Paul Ryan when he was vetting him for the running mate slot but he refuses to provide the same information about himself to the American public?

Islam's blowing up the world and you are giving a fuck about tax returns.

What a blathering fucking idiot.

He lives off of capital gains. The money he made to purchase the stocks were already taxeds.. So he is being Taxed twice for the money. So I am not pissed. And I am not angry what Romney does with his OWN money. What I am angry about is what Obama is doing with OUR Tax dollars..
BULLSHIT!!!!!

The money used to buy capital assets is not taxed when those assets are sold, only the GAIN on those assets is taxed. :asshole:

Simple...

Becuase he is a smart man who knows how to LEGALLY maximize net income....and he is well aware that assholes out there will imply that he broke the law.

Like when it was released that he had offshore accounts.....the pundits talked for days about his "hidden offshore accounts" when, in fact, they were not hidden at all.....but the word "hidden" makes it all the more "shady".

Now...that being said....do we want a man in the White House that knows how to maximize the use of a dollar or a man who recklessly borrows and spends.

BULLSHIT!!!!!

The money used to buy capital assets is not taxed when those assets are sold, only the GAIN on those assets is taxed. :asshole:

Correct....

but that money that was used to buy the capital assets was already taxed...either as regular income or capital gains...

So it seems YOU are the asshole.

Because he accepted tax amnesty for foreign holdings in 2009?

Because he paid 0% in certain years and doesn't want that fact made public?

The possibilities are endless....
That's my guess.

If he broke any laws, the IRS would have known by now and it would be out.

So your guess is a partisan guess.....with nothing to back it up.

Exactly. Obama advocates higher taxes then takes every loophole he can find. Romney advocates lower taxes and then taxes every loophole he can find. Which makes ... Romney ... bad.

Not to mention the skin flint Obama is with charity while Romney gives millions a year.

Well, since we know what policies our great leader will follow, there really is no possible downside, is there?

No downside to going back to Bush's policies? Really?

Is Farsi your first language?

Are you borderline retarded?

He is NOT taxed twice. You only get taxed on profit. If you ever worked a day in your life you would know that.

BULLSHIT!!!!!

Correct....

but that money that was used to buy the capital assets was already taxed...either as regular income or capital gains...

The money used to buy it is taxed. That's single taxation, not double.

The gain on the investment is taxed when the gain is realized. That's single taxation, not double.

There is no double taxation involved here.

That's my guess.

The IRS gave amnesty. If Mitten got the amnesty, he is square with the IRS. So, no, they wouldn't go after him after they granted him amnesty.

That's my guess.

The IRS gave amnesty. If Mitten got the amnesty, he is square with the IRS. So, no, they wouldn't go after him after they granted him amnesty.

And you know they gave him amnesty?
Why did they give him amnesty?

That's my guess.

Obama not releasing his birth certificate for years when his own book said that he was born in Kenya was proof of nothing, but Romney not releasing his taxes in the middle of a Democratic partisan witch hunt is proof he's hiding something.

Actually all it proves is that once again you're in the correct party, the party of utter hypocrisy and flaming double standards. You have found a home.

BULLSHIT!!!!!

Correct....

That's once, :asshole:, it is not taxed again when the asset is sold, so it is still only taxed once!

Forum List

Back