A Question about Global Warming:

You missed the point entirely. Try this.. replace the word "smoker" with the word "breather" in your above post and then get back to me.

What you're assuming then is illogical with no evidence to support that it could ever happen. The whole "well, it could happen. It just might. It's going to happen. We know it. We just don't know when. Can't let them do anything, they might it." thinking gets very tiring to read.

so you would be perfectly willing to go out day after day and work your sane ass off, come home, and hand mr. tax man 90% of what you've earned and you would NOT view yourself as a slave? And you want to call my ass crazy?

You are using the number from 1929, not 2009. Further proving you truly are stuck in the past and crazy.

39% of what I earned (if I do not donate anything to charity, have any writeoffs, etc) would be going to programs that are funded directly by my taxes.

okay,, so let's get the record straight.. As it is in America today,, about 50% of the citizens pay Federal Income Tax. The other 50% do not. Now who is the closest to being a slave? The one who works and gets to keep his money,, or the one who works and hands over 30, 40 or 50%.

And you guys accuse the left of waging class warfare ... :rolleyes:

paying 90% of what you make is just 10% away from "slavery"

so the blacks who worked the fields were only 'almost' slaves, since they ate a portion of the value of their labors?

but you said taxation was slavery... now it's parial slavery?

?!?!?!?!

You are using the number from 1929, not 2009. Further proving you truly are stuck in the past and crazy.

39% of what I earned (if I do not donate anything to charity, have any writeoffs, etc) would be going to programs that are funded directly by my taxes.

okay,, so let's get the record straight.. As it is in America today,, about 50% of the citizens pay Federal Income Tax. The other 50% do not. Now who is the closest to being a slave? The one who works and gets to keep his money,, or the one who works and hands over 30, 40 or 50%.

And you guys accuse the left of waging class warfare ... :rolleyes:

they do.

Why is it a right wing/left wing thing?

I am always amazed when somebody asks this question. On the surface, it seems perfectly logical. However, in order to ask this question sincerely, you would've had to been living under a rock for the past 10 years.

How sweet of you to say!

No, it was a sincere question. Just look at the turn this thread took from my simple question.

one side wants to sell oil, the other wants to sell solar panels- both want power and authority

☭proletarian☭;1806011 said:

so the blacks who worked the fields were only 'almost' slaves, since they ate a portion of the value of their labors?

?!?!?!?!

what would you call giving 90% of all your earnings if not slavery? If somebody told me I had to work and pay 90% of my money in taxes,, I'd join the non workers and sit on the porch a spell.

Another outright lie...You're on a roll tonight, college boy.

The WHO "evidence" that so-called second hand smoke was dangerous was admitted to be fraudulent, by the frauds who cooked those stats.

You really ought to work harder at getting your facts straight, especially when you want to cynically apply the term "libertarian" to your weak-assed arguments.

Why Dude. I do believe you are breaking a rule by editing my posts. :eek:

Second Hand Smoke is real. http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/factsheet/Tobacco/ETS

Last edited:
[Emphasis added] This is not my experience (at least the politics and money part) with scientists devoted to research.

My experience has been mainly in the semiconductor business, either Physicists or Chemists. I'm trying to think of one who didn't fit my summary. Still thinking...
My experience has been over twelve years with chemists doing mostly basic (and some applied) research (academic and government), and I have yet to meet one who is driven by politics and money with respect to their research. Power, yes - and that's a big yes.

It's amazing how our experiences are so different, but perhaps it's in the way I phrased my post. Power, yes; we can both agree on that. Money is a big factor, especially in industry. (That would include myself, although that became less of an issue about 15-16 years ago.) If you get the right patent or develop a superior technology, you get paid handsomely for your work. That's a huge motivator. I've seen basic researchers get offered a job by oil companies because of the huge salary increase and they left without a thought. And as far as politics go, those I've met have very strong political views one way or the other. Getting funded and published always brought out the worst in people. If politics gave you an edge, that's where you would go.

The US. government just declared your exhaled breath poison! :eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle: That's fucking awsome innit? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Again, illogical theory with no evidence to support it. How lovely.

Toxic levels of carbon dioxide: at levels above 5%, concentration CO2 is directly toxic. [At lower levels we may be seeing effects of a reduction in the relative amount of oxygen rather than direct toxicity of CO2.]

Toxicity of Carbon Dioxide CO2 Gas Exposure, poisoning symptoms, exposure limits, and Links to Toxic Gas Testing Procedures C02 Gas toxicity CO2 exposure limits

You missed the point entirely. Try this.. replace the word "smoker" with the word "breather" in your above post and then get back to me.

What you're assuming then is illogical with no evidence to support that it could ever happen. The whole "well, it could happen. It just might. It's going to happen. We know it. We just don't know when. Can't let them do anything, they might it." thinking gets very tiring to read.

I just have to keep reminding myself that you're not full grown yet. Think about this.. 40 years ago doctors were encouraging pregnant woman and fat people to smoke to keep their weight under control. No one back then could have possibly conceived that one day they'd have people suggesting that criminal charges be brought against them for smoking around their own children. Grown ups know the implications of the EPA classifying human exhalations as toxins. Wait for the first lawsuit because an employer is making someone work in the same room with another person. When you think it can't happen, remember that no one would have imagined smoking restrictions like we have now 30 years ago.

Last edited:
Dogshitbiscuit said:
While I am all for you being able to smoke and kill yourself slowly. I'd rather not have the same done to me. Second hand smoke exists and it kills. (It's been proven).

Another outright lie...You're on a roll tonight, college boy.

The WHO "evidence" that so-called second hand smoke was dangerous was admitted to be fraudulent, by the frauds who cooked those stats.

You really ought to work harder at getting your facts straight, especially when you want to cynically apply the term "libertarian" to your weak-assed arguments.

all toxic chemicals are removed by the first persons lungs and the air between you and the cherry? :eusa_liar:

*sigh* Another thread where the kid flails and it turns into a flame thread.

Congrats, kid. :thup:

:lol: Blaming it on me eh?

Your fetish with me continues, it's quite amazing really. :eusa_think:
fishoutofwater.gif

I just have to keep reminding myself that you're not full grown yet. Think about this.. 40 years ago doctors were encouraging pregnant woman and fat people to smoke to keep their weight under control. No one back then could have possibly conceived that one day they'd have people suggesting that criminal charges be brought against them for smoking around their own children. Grown ups know the implications of the EPA classifying human exhalations as toxins. Wait for the first lawsuit because an employer is making someone work in the same room with another person. When you think it can happen, remember that no one would have imagined smoking restrictions like we have now 30 years ago.

And forty years ago, race relations were at a boiling point. 40 years is a large difference, much growth.

While once again, someone is bringing my age into this, do realize I am not ignorant of the past. Do recall, it is my generation that is trying to avoid the mistakes that previous generations made, including yours maybe. (Don't know your age.)

Grown ups such as myself also know the definition of something called frivolous lawsuits. You are acting irrational with your thinking, using what if thinking and apple/oranges examples to try and prove your point.

☭proletarian☭;1806011 said:

?!?!?!?!

what would you call giving 90% of all your earnings if not slavery? If somebody told me I had to work and pay 90% of my money in taxes,, I'd join the non workers and sit on the porch a spell.
I'd call it taxes. If I voted against it, I'd call it exploitation and labile to lead to great alienation. If I voted for it, I'd probably call it labouring for my medical care/roadways/food allotment/whatever else was handled through through the ta-and-allotment system instead of the market.

Are the members of Twin Oaks slaves, since they do not pocket (any meaningful portion of) the value of their labours directly?

I just have to keep reminding myself that you're not full grown yet. Think about this.. 40 years ago doctors were encouraging pregnant woman and fat people to smoke to keep their weight under control. No one back then could have possibly conceived that one day they'd have people suggesting that criminal charges be brought against them for smoking around their own children. Grown ups know the implications of the EPA classifying human exhalations as toxins. Wait for the first lawsuit because an employer is making someone work in the same room with another person. When you think it can happen, remember that no one would have imagined smoking restrictions like we have now 30 years ago.

And forty years ago, race relations were at a boiling point. 40 years is a large difference, much growth.

While once again, someone is bringing my age into this, do realize I am not ignorant of the past. Do recall, it is my generation that is trying to avoid the mistakes that previous generations made, including yours maybe. (Don't know your age.)

Grown ups such as myself also know the definition of something called frivolous lawsuits. You are acting irrational with your thinking, using what if thinking and apple/oranges examples to try and prove your point.

tell us in your own "grown up words" why the EPA declared CO2 a "poison."

Forum List

Back