A Question About Eggs...

and yet you find time to enlighten us here......i would think your time would be best used forking those eggs
When you're eating 18 of them, over 3 meals a day; enlighten me...
You're going to have artery trouble eating that many. Are you a body builder?
Not professionally, but yeah... The arteries risk is overstated by most nutritionists, and doctors, who fail to take into account, the rest of a person's diet. Ketogenics eliminates, or diminishes many of the "risks" which tend to frighten people away from otherwise healthy food.

So I'm trying to get my food prep for the week out of the way...

I'm wondering how long eggs, prescrambled, uncooked, and stored in a mason jar, in the fridge will remain safe. I searched the web, but could only find info on cooked eggs storage life...

Any ideas?

store bought liquid eggs lasts up to 12 weeks if stored at or below 38 degrees

I'm wondering how long eggs, prescrambled, uncooked, and stored in a mason jar, in the fridge will remain safe. I searched the web, but could only find info on cooked eggs storage life...

Any ideas?

Longer than 30 seconds...

They don't taste good, though. I won't eat omelets at the local diner because they use those liquid eggs. There is a definite difference in flavor and texture.

it really depends on the brand and type foremost

with or without yolks and what ya make with them

however all that is a non issue for me

because i like my eggs almost raw with the yolk

the more runny the better

with a nice side of pork chop

eggs fried in the leftover grease of the chop(s)

yummy

in fact that made me hungry to make just that

--LOL

Any ideas?

Been there. But given a choice; I prefer to taste my food. And enjoy it. Lol!

Any ideas?

i dont think i would take eggs out of the shell and store them very long since they will have been exposed to the air

Any ideas?

i dont think i would take eggs out of the shell and store them very long since they will have been exposed to the air

I'm not talking long term storage here. I'm thinking more like an 18 pack, 1 mason jar, 2 days tops.

Any ideas?

I'm not talking long term storage here. I'm thinking more like an 18 pack, 1 mason jar, 2 days tops.

Maybe 2 smaller Mason jars... I like using Mason jars because the have built in measure.

Any ideas?

All sillyness aside, the answer probably depends on what type of bacteria like to grow on raw eggs (versus, say milk) and how toxic the colonys get over time.

Any ideas?

according to the link two days is ok if kept cold

eggs go bad easily they make a great host for bacteria

Any ideas?

All sillyness aside, the answer probably depends on what type of bacteria like to grow on raw eggs (versus, say milk) and how toxic the colonys get over time.

and germs salmonella for example

Any ideas?
A few hours.

So far I'm getting 2 days, in a Mason jar with no problems...

Any ideas?

I have found this for you, it's quite extensive and indepth so I'm sure you'll get your answer from this link.

How Long Do Raw Eggs Last in the Fridge or Freezer?

Keep in mind that by the time you buy them in a supermarket, they're already quite old. We use only eggs where we actually know the chickens. We would have our own chickens but we have foxes. Buying truly farm fresh eggs is well worth it.

OP - try steaming them in the shell. They're like hard boiled but without the dry yolks and the shell just slides off. This is pretty close to how we do it -

Add 1 inch of water to a large pot. Place steamer insert inside, cover, and bring to a boil over high heat. Add eggs to steamer basket, cover, and continue cooking, 6 minutes for soft-boiled eggs or 12 minutes for hard-boiled.
Perfect Steamed Boiled Eggs Recipe | Serious Eats
www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2014/04/steamed-hard-boiled-eggs-recipe.html

Forum List

Back