A question about Columbine

We are one of the most heavily policed nations in the world. I think we can take a hundred thousand cops from their ticket writing duties during the day and place them in the schools during school hours. As for private schools, let the parents hire armed guards for the schools.

We are one of the most heavily policed nations in the world. I think we can take a hundred thousand cops from their ticket writing duties during the day and place them in the schools during school hours. As for private schools, let the parents hire armed guards for the schools.

That may be the most retarded thing anyone has ever said on here.

9 out of 10 criminals agree gun control works.

Is it true, they had a armed guard there? If so, what the hell happened and why are there so many dead people?

NRA supporters, comments?

"The Department of Education has counted 98,817 public schools in the United States and an additional 33,366 private schools." The NRA wants armed guards at all these schools. If Columbine had one, doesnt that prove it wouldn't matter?

On April 20, 1999, Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold killed 12 students and one teacher at Columbine. On the scene that day was Neil Gardner, an armed sheriff’s deputy who had been policing the school for almost two years.

Columbine-armed guard: Colorado shooting shows that NRA's Shield program likely won't work.

I don't understand why so many people are saying that if someone had a gun at Sandy Hook, they would have shot Lanza. Columbine had an armed deputy, and he wasn't able to shoot the two teenagers.
What makes them think the situation would be different any other time?
Oh, I dunno. Maybe because Sandy Hook is 1/10 the size of Columbine?

Our high school has three armed cops, but it's a big school, too. And, the folks who pay for it are those who live in this district.

Funny...two weeks ago a kid brought a gun to school, and the authorities had it in their possession before the kid ever got a chance to use it. I hope the brat gets expelled and time in juvie until 21.

We also have about 100 armed Prince Georges County cops at every home Redskins games. The owner of the Redskins pays for them every home game.

Last edited:
Columbine had an UN-armed security guard and an armed community resources police officer on duty, though they were NOT in the school when the shooting started and like most of the other police officers who showed up while the shooting was happening, they probably stayed outside hiding behind their car waiting for the SWAT teams to show up.

Really Nancy? Because in my County we DO have community resource officers in all the Middle and High schools and are now talking about placing them in the elementary schools also. We have the money and the resources to place a Police Officer in every school in this nation, instead we have them out their writing tickets during the day. THAT would make our schools safer, never has any gun ban proven effective in lowering any crime rates. Heavy police presense on the other hand has been statistically proven to lower crime rates. I know you have mental health issues dude, your fascination with guns and them bring to mind penises to you proves that, so you may want to ask a friend or relative to help you understand this.

I don't know why he wasn't at his post. I wasn't there. My point was, simply, that there was an armed guard at Colombine, and he couldn't stop Eric and Dylan.

He couldn't stop them because he was not in the school when they started shooting. Hard to stop them if you're not there huh?

We need to take these people out at the knees.

Knock them down so they can't get up.

Using all the legal resources and confiscation laws, open the books and find every NRA member with a restraining order, a domestic violence charge, PTSD, felony, drunk driving, anything we can use to arrest them, fine, audit them, hammer them with endless attorneys fees for anything and everything, and send them scurrying back into a prepper cave where we can roll a big boulder in front of the door.

And you still would not find Lanza or the Columbine shooters so what exactly is your point? Other then spouting DNC propaganda?

Really Nancy? Because in my County we DO have community resource officers in all the Middle and High schools and are now talking about placing them in the elementary schools also. We have the money and the resources to place a Police Officer in every school in this nation, instead we have them out their writing tickets during the day. THAT would make our schools safer, never has any gun ban proven effective in lowering any crime rates. Heavy police presense on the other hand has been statistically proven to lower crime rates. I know you have mental health issues dude, your fascination with guns and them bring to mind penises to you proves that, so you may want to ask a friend or relative to help you understand this.

Take out the one policman and the school is open. I seriously doubt if Lanza walked up hiding a gun he would have looked like much of a threat to a policeman.

Take out the one policman and the school is open. I seriously doubt if Lanza walked up hiding a gun he would have looked like much of a threat to a policeman.

Whatever he showed or didn't, the person monitoring didn't let him through the first set of doors. He blasted his way in. So, were guns present why? Or was his reputation why? We'll likely know in coming weeks.

Forum List

Back