A proud G/Pa...

A

archangel

Last Friday my Grandaughter went to her first Cross Country meet of this year...she was the 'only' Varsity runner on her team(the others JV)...as this is a 2A school...Well her coach told her to run a 'sprint' against her competitor from a 4A school...as life has it this competitor was selected to run in the next 'olympics'...Her coach told her to give it all she has...and not to worry about how she placed...she ran as a sprinter and stayed with the other girl for the first mile of a 3.5 mile run!...Was this good coaching or what...I think so as my GD needs a little push to show her potential...she is a great runner but alas... as genetics show... she takes after G/pa a 'Sprinter'...I asked her how she felt about her attempt...she said hey G/Pa when I am a G/Ma I can bragg to my kids about how I stayed with a Olympic runner in HS...before she became famous...gotta love the spirit!

Side note: Her competitor had her by about six inches on the height scale...and who says height matters...lol

Whats a 2A school doing in a meet with a 4A school?

This is Nevada(all are probably technically 2A by national standards)...but for the record...this was a opener...did not count toward the end state competition...of which my GD's HS came in second against all schools 1A-4A...(last year)hoo rah!

This Friday the GD is running at the Tahoe CC meet...she is pumped and ready after last Fridays run...the coach put her on track...sometimes a parent or G/Pa's input is not the catalist...I suppose the old adage applies..."too close" Then again...she remembers G'pas track record...LOL

Forum List

Back