A proposed policy with which I FULLY agree with Trump

nat4900

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2015
Of course, I will always label rump a charlatan, but there is one of his proposed objectives with which I fully agree; i.e., taking on the pharmaceutical companies that have ripped us off for several decades.

Trump proposes that he will "force" pharmaceuticals to negotiate costs on federal Medicare and Medicaid drugs. This is something that should have been done several years ago and not allow these companies....through their millions of dollars in lobbying [read, "bribing"] elected folks to NOT do...to set their own prices based on their whims and thirst for huge profits.

Objectively, this has policy has come up quite a few times and always voted down (even lately by a dozen or so democrats, including the once "liberal" Corey Booker.) Big pharma has ensured that the bribing would be done across the aisle, and Trump will also face strong opposition by his own GOP caucus.

Of course there will loud screaming by big pharma that R & D will be curtailed by such policies, although much of the research and development is already done by the National Institute of Health. Enough of this crap and the repatriation of American made drugs from Canada and other countries, should not be curtailed by greedy pharma CEOs.

The test will be if Trump has enough political capital to take on and win over the powerful lobbying of pharmaceuticals AND the bribed politicians within both parties.

So why do you have a problem with renegotiating NAFTA?

Why do you have a problem with competition amongst insurance companies?

In fact, everything Trump has been saying is it's time to negotiate on everything that puts Americans first.

Your shallow thinking is exposing your hypocrisy.

Of course, I will always label rump a charlatan, but there is one of his proposed objectives with which I fully agree; i.e., taking on the pharmaceutical companies that have ripped us off for several decades.

Trump proposes that he will "force" pharmaceuticals to negotiate costs on federal Medicare and Medicaid drugs. This is something that should have been done several years ago and not allow these companies....through their millions of dollars in lobbying [read, "bribing"] elected folks to NOT do...to set their own prices based on their whims and thirst for huge profits.

Objectively, this has policy has come up quite a few times and always voted down (even lately by a dozen or so democrats, including the once "liberal" Corey Booker.) Big pharma has ensured that the bribing would be done across the aisle, and Trump will also face strong opposition by his own GOP caucus.

Of course there will loud screaming by big pharma that R & D will be curtailed by such policies, although much of the research and development is already done by the National Institute of Health. Enough of this crap and the repatriation of American made drugs from Canada and other countries, should not be curtailed by greedy pharma CEOs.

The test will be if Trump has enough political capital to take on and win over the powerful lobbying of pharmaceuticals AND the bribed politicians within both parties.
why wasn't it part of obummer care? See there was that on the table when they pushed that rancid thing through and it was ignored. who cares about who is what you should be asking yourself.

• Banned
To both the above right wing morons, who make stupid assumptions based on what they have heard on FOX, NO liberal that I know is against renegotiating NAFTA (which, although signed by Clinton, was a GHB incentive, btw.)

The test will be whether the MANY, many policies that Trump has proposed will EVER come to fruition. For example, Trump has just proposed UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE when he stated that "everyone will be covered at less costs and lessened deductibles.......I wonder what Ryan and McConnell think about such a promise.

More competition, lower prices

Forum List

Back