A promise kept

bigrebnc's argument got kicked in the gutter.

An oldenwiser kicked bigrebnc into the gutter, where he belongs.

Face it, bigrebnc, you and your kind are irrelevant to the fate of the Republic.

I thought you said obama never made that promise?

Still doesn't change a thing that the people at politifacts are calling it a promise kept. So would this be a promise broken by obama? Would this be a lie pushed by the obama fact finders at politicfact?

One, support is not promise.

Two, policies over tatoos is different than downsizing because of force size.

bigrebnc is fail. Nothing new here.

bigrebnc's argument got kicked in the gutter.

An oldenwiser kicked bigrebnc into the gutter, where he belongs.

Face it, bigrebnc, you and your kind are irrelevant to the fate of the Republic.

I thought you said obama never made that promise?

One, support is not promise.

Two, policies over tatoos is different than downsizing because of force size.

bigrebnc is fail. Nothing new here.

I thought your trolling was to show obama never made a promise? Now are you saying he did?

Question is a promise not kept still a promise kept or is it a lie?

According to political facts obama promised to increase the size of the Army and Marine Corps

Increase the size of the Army and Marine Corps

"Barack Obama supports plans to increase the size of the Army by 65,000 troops and the Marines by 27,000 troops. Increasing our end strength will help units retrain and re-equip properly between deployments and decrease the strain on military families."
PolitiFact | The Obameter: Increase the size of the Army and Marine Corps
And according to the data presented by Politifact, they rated this as a promise kept since the goal was to have 547.4k Army and 202k marines on duty. As of Oct 19, 2011 there were 565.4k Army and 202k marines.

Looks to me like he got the job done.

But in the news now we have this

The Defense Department may have to force soldiers, Marines or other members of the military out of the services for the first time since the aftermath of the Cold War to achieve the spending reductions in its budget proposal.
The Pentagon plans to cut 67,100 soldiers from active and reserve Army units and the Army National Guard in the five years starting Oct. 1, as well as 15,200 from the active and reserve ranks of the Marine Corps as part of an effort to save $487 billion over a decade, according to the budget sent to Congress today. The Navy and Air Force would lose fewer people -- 8,600 and 1,700 respectively

Pentagon May Oust Troops Involuntarily to Meet Reductions in Budget Plan - Bloomberg

And yes they are kicking out members who have 15 years of service to keep them from getting full benefits. or at least those that is what sources tell me from the military down at fort jackson

Our government plays with troop concentrations all the time - increasing them when there's cash in the budget and a need for grunts, decreasing them when they need more ready cash. This shouldn't be at all surprising.

And, Obama NEVER said that the increases were going to be permanent - and would you really have believed him if he did?

This is a non-issue.

I don't think obama kept his promise. or is the obama propaganda machine working over time?

You don't have a point, bigrebnc. The president supported not promised.

The issue is that you, far out of the mainstream, want to craft arguments that have nothing to do with the reality of the narrative.

Every time you do it, I will correct your point with the truth.

Forum List

Back