A problem that very few Christian Fundamentalists ever consider

1) Living a moral life is important

Q: If one REALLY believes in eternal damnation for not being a Christian, why would they not do everything in their power to be holy?

You: As Christians we must go beyond living moral lives, we must demonstrate God's love by helping others.

You look like you're dodging the question.

The First Post also asks why Christians don't do more to help people, but it does so by giving specific examples rather than the nebulous "demonstrate God's love by helping others."

The original post poses a question with an obvious answer. If we believe in heaven and hell and God commands holiness, of course we should be holy. I was merely adding to the Christian's responsibilities. The original post even alluded to this by stating that if Christians followed their beliefs they would give away their possessions and their would be no more poor.

Now I have a question for you:

If you really believe in heaven and hell, why do you post in such a manner? Do you not fear God?

Since you have stated that demonstrating God's love is a nebulous statement, i will expound on my original example.

Christians have taken up the anti-abortion cause. This is supported Biblically by Psalm 139. I am against abortion so using energies to stand against it is a good thing. Down the street from my office I see Christian protestors line up on the side walk outside the abortion clinic. Young women pass by on their way to the clinic and Christians implore them to re-consider an abortion. Signs with Bible verses wave in the air, some stating that abortion is murder. I have no problem with this, although care should be taken in the demonstration that it is done in a spirit of love other than judgment.

What if the young woman heeds these Christians and keeps her baby? Well a young infant is saved, but when that infant is born it will cost money to raise. The young mother will be unable to work to support the baby, unless there happens to be family support (adoption is one answer). Where are these Christians who convinced her not to have the baby? Are they assisting the young woman? Are they chanting at a political rally no new taxes and advocating massive cuts in social services? Perhaps they prefer to give their money privately, but the giving records of Christians do not demonstrate this would be sufficient. Are Christians willing to dig into their pockets and put their money where their mouth is on the issue of abortion? If they do not, believers may see them as self-righteous and judgmental.

A second example. You seem to know something about the Biible, but your posts do not demonstrate it. You have insulted me repeatedly and are needlessly argumentative, You have called me a pig, a hypocrite and a failing Christian., yet you do not know me. One could infer from your posts that Christians are uncivil. How is God's Spirit controlling your life? Have you accepted Jesus as your savior and invited Him into your life? If so, why are you not allowing him to control your actions?

Last edited:
I think God is alot more merciful than some tend to think, and more just than others do.

If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left, but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God. Anyone who rejected the law of Moses died without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. How much more severely do you think a man deserves to be punished who has trampled the Son of God under foot, who has treated as an unholy thing the blood of the covenant that sanctified him, and who has insulted the Spirit of grace? For we know him who said, “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,” and again, “The Lord will judge his people.” It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

I think God is a lot less merciful than some tend to think.

If what you say is true, then every human on Earth is damned.

Forum List

Back