A Prezzie for Tank

I commend this guy for what he did.

However, those chairs he put in front of his kids would not have stopped a bullet. Though they could have helped keep the bullet from penetrating too badly. If this guy spent time with guns, and being military he would have, then he should have known that the chairs were not full proof protection. Now putting more than one chair between each child and the gunman many have been a bit more practical.

Many people think that standing behind a door, wall, counter, table, etc. would protect them. However, if they are educated on how bullets work they would know they need more protection than that to stop a bullet.

The guy did the best he could with what he had, what do you want for him to build a brick wall?

To go after and stop the thief from escaping, was awesome

However, those chairs he put in front of his kids would not have stopped a bullet. Though they could have helped keep the bullet from penetrating too badly. If this guy spent time with guns, and being military he would have, then he should have known that the chairs were not full proof protection. Now putting more than one chair between each child and the gunman many have been a bit more practical.

Many people think that standing behind a door, wall, counter, table, etc. would protect them. However, if they are educated on how bullets work they would know they need more protection than that to stop a bullet.

Yea, having done a few tours in Iraq, this Sgt clearly had no idea of what he was doing.

How stupid are you? Seriously. Dude's a hero.

all the written articles that came out about this mention that the man was not getting involved...he was simply taking care of his kids and watching....until the robber...pointed his gun at one of the kids and made a comment about hurting the children..then the father went kinda nuts and went after him.

no matter what you think, that man protected his kids during the robbery and then after the robbery.....

Yes I am sure you would have handled the situation 100 times better than he did.:cuckoo:

anything that slows the impact of a bullet is a good thing.....

many things wont stop a bullet but then you hope for slow or hope to really get luck and go for total reflection of the bullet

as a parent and a gun owner....i know that i would put anything i could get my hands on between a bullet and my child...sometimes its just hope...sometimes it is what people call a miracle....
odd things have stopped bullets before

This is a textbook example of what not to do during a robbery. The only reason Eddy's children still have a father is because the guy with the gun wasn't a cold-blooded killer. In my opinion he acted very foolishly under the circumstances.

This guy is one cold fucking hombre!

I would get my kids out of sight, too. You never know what will deflect a bullet; plus it removes them from the shooter's sight. I'm impressed by how quietly and quickly the kids minded...my daughter would be standing there going, "WHY????" and my son would probably run around in circles.

I don't blame him for chasing the asshole down, either. Thank God some people still try to protect children from something.

I am sorry for how you all feel on what I said.

I did say I commend this guy for what he did.

I was not putting him down in any way, only stating what could have happened IF a bullet came the kids' way with only one chair in front of each of them. I was only pointing out those facts so others, if found in a similar situation, would know what could happen.

The only thing that is a bit confusing is that the father should have known what could happen being in the Military and all. However, I did not mean to in any way to put him down for it. Not everyone thinks things through in situations like this and he may not of though of it.

Yes I am sure you would have handled the situation 100 times better than he did.:cuckoo:

Never said I could have. I have had time to think some things through after seeing the video. The father didn't. Nor would I if I wasn't expecting something like this to happen, no one does.

Also props to the woman who moved the table in front of the kids.

Forum List

Back