a pretty good picture to explain the problem in this country

Don't Taz Me Bro said:
Washington D.C. Public Schools.... not the least bit surprising. That school district is a black hole of waste and malfeasance. They spend close to $25k per student per year, which is an outrageously high figure. While it's obviously not good that our military lost track of $9 billion, you seem to suggest that we should be shifting some of that money to D.C. schools and we shouldn't be. They don't need it. They don't even need half of what they're getting. They just need to learn how to spend it right.

So who should build more charter schools? Where's the private sector if they are so adamant that government spending shouldn't go to fix existing public schools and guarantee the best curriculum for students? It's the same old story: For Heaven's sake, no more government spending on education, but hey, don't expect private enterprises to do a thing about it either. Which is why the USA is now ranked dead last in reading; 27th in math; 22nd in the sciences. It's pathetic.

CaféAuLait;2742529 said:
Blu

You bitch about the fact these students do not have soap and paper towels with a picture called ' fancy stuff like paper towels" and I comment that the federal government is SPENDING dollars on assuring others cleanliness of their genitals and you call that stupid and neg rep me?

You either want dollars spent on children here and call it 'smart spending' or we spent it on other countries when we DON'T have the dollars for our own children!

Feds Spent $800,000 of Economic Stimulus on African Genital-Washing Program | CNSnews.com

Typical CONSERVATIVE NEWS SERVICE misleading headline. Did you even bother to read it beyond that?
The genitalia-washing program is part of a larger $12-million UCLA study examining how to better encourage Africans to undergo voluntary HIV testing and counseling – however, only the penis-washing study received money from the 2009 economic stimulus law. The washing portion of the study is set to end in 2011.

Anything that is going to halt the spread of AIDS is money well spent. Fucking moron.

Any country that cares more about maintaining a pointless worldwide network of military bases than educating its citizens properly is doomed to failure.

If America doesn't maintain a strong Military the people who educate our children will be those who have invaded America.

I think this is worth repeating so the moon bat can read it.

CaféAuLait;2742529 said:
Blu

You bitch about the fact these students do not have soap and paper towels with a picture called ' fancy stuff like paper towels" and I comment that the federal government is SPENDING dollars on assuring others cleanliness of their genitals and you call that stupid and neg rep me?

You either want dollars spent on children here and call it 'smart spending' or we spent it on other countries when we DON'T have the dollars for our own children!

Feds Spent $800,000 of Economic Stimulus on African Genital-Washing Program | CNSnews.com

Typical CONSERVATIVE NEWS SERVICE misleading headline. Did you even bother to read it beyond that?
The genitalia-washing program is part of a larger $12-million UCLA study examining how to better encourage Africans to undergo voluntary HIV testing and counseling – however, only the penis-washing study received money from the 2009 economic stimulus law. The washing portion of the study is set to end in 2011.

Anything that is going to halt the spread of AIDS is money well spent. Fucking moron.
misleading headline. Did you even bother to read it beyond that?

Take your pick
feds spent 800,000 to help africans - Google Search

That's nothing. Look at this:

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Nearly $9 billion of money spent on Iraqi reconstruction is unaccounted for because of inefficiencies and bad management, according to a watchdog report published Sunday.

An inspector general's report said the U.S.-led administration that ran Iraq until June 2004 is unable to account for the funds.

CNN.com - Audit: U.S. lost track of $9 billion in Iraq funds - Jan 30, 2005

9 billion. Can you believe it? Too bad nobody cared.

Wow, you must care a lot about "lost funds."

How much has been defrauded from Medicare since its inception?

What about "accounting for EVERY PENNY" of stimulous funding?

Hint: They make $9 Billion look like Chump Change.

Medicare can be audited; so will the stimulus spending eventually. But not the real costs of the Iraq/Afghanistan wars, which all told will be far, far more than $800 billion spent on stimulating the economy (for which there WERE returns on the investment, you know). Try upwards of $3 trillion:

Economist's View: Stiglitz and Bilmes: The True Cost of the Iraq War

At this point I'd wouldn't really wouldn't be surprised if there was no gold in Ft. Knox.

Thank God there is; bullion is also stored deep in the bowels of the Federal Reserve Building in NYC. Nixon took us off the Gold Standard in the 70's. Otherwise, there wouldn't be any.

CaféAuLait;2742529 said:
Blu

Of course I read beyond it. I don't care the source, the point of the OP was children in our country can't even stop the spread of disease after they defecate or urinate in school bathrooms since the school does NOT provide them with soap or paper towels. But people in Africa are being taught how to stop the spread of disease. It makes no sense why a childs health here in America is not as important--given the OP.

Last edited:
CaféAuLait;2744343 said:
CaféAuLait;2742529 said:
Blu

Of course I read beyond it. I don't care the source, the point of the OP was children in our country can't even stop the spread of disease after they defecate or urinate in school bathrooms since the school does NOT provide them with soap or paper towels. But people in Africa are being taught how to stop the spread of disease. It makes no sense why a childs health here in America is not as important--given the OP.

Point taken. My apologies for calling you a fucking moron.

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Nearly $9 billion of money spent on Iraqi reconstruction is unaccounted for because of inefficiencies and bad management, according to a watchdog report published Sunday.

An inspector general's report said the U.S.-led administration that ran Iraq until June 2004 is unable to account for the funds.

Medicare can be audited; so will the stimulus spending eventually. But not the real costs of the Iraq/Afghanistan wars, which all told will be far, far more than $800 billion spent on stimulating the economy (for which there WERE returns on the investment, you know). Try upwards of $3 trillion:

You actually seem to be trying to communicate a sentient point.

If it is that Government spending is wildly out of control, then you may have finally got something right.

If it is some attempt to categorize Wildly Uncontrolled Government spending as either "Good" or "Bad" then I'm afraid you're still an idiot.

For Heaven's sake, no more government spending on education, but hey, don't expect private enterprises to do a thing about it either.

The only thing the private sector cares about school-wise is getting McDonalds and Pizza hut in the lunchroom, 10 coke machines per school and their logo emblazoned across football jerseys. To actually WANT for the private sector to have ANYTHING to do with education other than donating to schools out of charity is ridiculous.

Last edited:
For Heaven's sake, no more government spending on education, but hey, don't expect private enterprises to do a thing about it either.

The only thing the private sector cares about school-wise is getting McDonalds and Pizza hut in the lunchroom, 10 coke machines per school and their logo emblazoned across football jerseys. To actually WANT for the private sector to have ANYTHING to do with education other than donating to schools out of charity is ridiculous.

Let the free market take care of it. Obesity fuels the fitness industry, doctors, drug industry, and weight loss industry. Get 'em while they're young.:lol:

sFwXl.png

I care as well. there should be tens of people in jail for this based on how many people it would take to fuck up so monumentally.

Wouldn't that be the entire government?

All these things you are whining about are government programs are they not, yet who do you look to to solve these problems.....the government.

What's wrong with that reasoning?

Let the free market take care of it. Obesity fuels the fitness industry, doctors, drug industry, and weight loss industry. Get 'em while they're young.

Yep the capitalists are getting rich, rich, rich all down the line off the diseases caused by the western diet of corn, soybeans and processed wheat (Hey, wait a minute... that is what the government subsidizes!!!) and dumb Americans are biting into it hook, line and sinker. Look at the skyrocketing rates of cancer, diabetes, heart disease, autism, ADD, depression, metabolic disorders since the 70's when we let scientists and corporations take over our food production. We are the only country in the world where you can be obese and malnourished at the same time - there are even kids being diagnosed with rickets in CA... Time to take back our diet.

Slow Food International | good, clean and fair food

Let the free market take care of it. Obesity fuels the fitness industry, doctors, drug industry, and weight loss industry. Get 'em while they're young.

Yep the capitalists are getting rich, rich, rich all down the line off the diseases caused by the western diet of corn, soybeans and processed wheat (Hey, wait a minute... that is what the government subsidizes!!!) and dumb Americans are biting into it hook, line and sinker. Look at the skyrocketing rates of cancer, diabetes, heart disease, autism, ADD, depression, metabolic disorders since the 70's when we let scientists and corporations take over our food production. We are the only country in the world where you can be obese and malnourished at the same time - there are even kids being diagnosed with rickets in CA... Time to take back our diet.

Slow Food International | good, clean and fair food

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

If it is that Government spending is wildly out of control, then you may have finally got something right.

If it is some attempt to categorize Wildly Uncontrolled Government spending as either "Good" or "Bad" then I'm afraid you're still an idiot.

Just keeping the playing field level is all. There are always attempts to paint domestic spending ONLY as being all out of control. But the same can be said for spending on foreign wars and foreign aid. What is most troubling to me are the amounts of money (regardless where) that goes unaccounted for.

Just keeping the playing field level is all. There are always attempts to paint domestic spending ONLY as being all out of control. But the same can be said for spending on foreign wars and foreign aid. What is most troubling to me are the amounts of money (regardless where) that goes unaccounted for.

No shit--and who is in charge of accounting ?

Each department or agency. They all have annual budgets. After a budget is established, they should stay within it. To monitor budgets, the GAO (a non-partisan agency--yes, it is) may come in and audit at any time.

Each department or agency. They all have annual budgets. After a budget is established, they should stay within it. To monitor budgets, the GAO (a non-partisan agency--yes, it is) may come in and audit at any time.

Indeed.

But what are the consequences of the GAO audit showing overbudget spending?

1. Does the department or agency enter bankruptcy?

2. Do administrators go to jail?

3. Does congress appropriate an emergency spending bill to cover the overage?

I'm gonna confidently pick what's behind door #3.

Forum List

Back