A President Who Encourages Dependency?

I’d love to explain it to you, but I don’t have any crayons.
OK....one more time.
See....that's your problem: looking at the words, but not understanding them.
FDR agreed with the OP.
He spoke of what he say as a dire situation that required extraordinary government action....
...he may or may not have been correct.
But he didn't say....as you seem to believe....that eternal welfare is good for the nation.
Why do I have to explain everything to you????

my god that was annoying to fix your post so its more readable.
No thats not what he was saying. He was saying we needed to get people working and off welfare, but we wouldnt abandon them.

i like how you say you'd love to explain it but can't, but then do.

you have issues kid.

Pure Pubcrappe, dupe. Obama has never stopped trying to compromise. He made the stimulus 40% about tax cuts, ACA is a Pub/Heritage plan, etc etc etc. Pubs will pass nothing helpful, even their own ideas.

Agreed, one can't stop doing something they have yet to try. Good effort though. ;) Don't forget to flush and wash when you are done. :eusa_whistle:

Hey....good to see you back....

...I read about you in one of Leopold von Sacher-Masoch's novels.....

(you won't get that one...but I liked it.)

"You haven't said anything important or of substance."
So.....you don't think that Obama's attempts to change the American character from "can do" to "I've fallen and I can't get up" is of any importance?
You sure?

You have children: bet you won't teach them to feel that way.....will you?

Have parties to get folks to see the joys of food stamps?
No importance?

See if you understand this:

"The lessons of history … show conclusively that continued dependence upon relief induces a spiritual and moral disintegration fundamentally destructive to the national fiber. To dole out relief in this way is to administer a narcotic, a subtle destroyer of the human spirit."

These words about Depression-era welfare are from Franklin Roosevelt's 1935 State of the Union Address.

No importance?

You know the truth, ...don't you?

The truth is that FDR made the above statement as part of his justification for a massive Federal jobs program.

"The Federal Government is the only governmental agency with sufficient power and credit to meet this situation. We have assumed this task, and we shall not shrink form it in the future. It is a duty dictated by every intelligent consideration of national policy to ask you to make it possible for the United States to give employment to all of these three-and-a-half million people now on relief, pending their absorption in a rising tide of private employment."

Another lesson for you about the difference between a truth and a half-truth, as well as another lesson for you about the sin of lying by omission.

I don't believe that the day when you can give me a lesson are yet on the horizon....

...in fact, pigs may fly before that day.

Case in point, this directly followed the passage that I quoted:

"The Federal Government must and shall quit this business of relief."

So....hoist by your own petard: a "sin of lying by omission."

Don't dig yourself in deeper. FDR proposed to end 'relief' for those people by giving them government jobs.

You stepped right into it.

Forum List

Back