A President Who Encourages Dependency?

Why would I go away mad? You haven't said anything important or of substance.

Hey....good to see you back....

...I read about you in one of Leopold von Sacher-Masoch's novels.....

(you won't get that one...but I liked it.)

"You haven't said anything important or of substance."
So.....you don't think that Obama's attempts to change the American character from "can do" to "I've fallen and I can't get up" is of any importance?
You sure?

You have children: bet you won't teach them to feel that way.....will you?

Have parties to get folks to see the joys of food stamps?
No importance?

See if you understand this:

"The lessons of history … show conclusively that continued dependence upon relief induces a spiritual and moral disintegration fundamentally destructive to the national fiber. To dole out relief in this way is to administer a narcotic, a subtle destroyer of the human spirit."

These words about Depression-era welfare are from Franklin Roosevelt's 1935 State of the Union Address.

No importance?

You know the truth, ...don't you?

The truth is that FDR made the above statement as part of his justification for a massive Federal jobs program.

"The Federal Government is the only governmental agency with sufficient power and credit to meet this situation. We have assumed this task, and we shall not shrink form it in the future. It is a duty dictated by every intelligent consideration of national policy to ask you to make it possible for the United States to give employment to all of these three-and-a-half million people now on relief, pending their absorption in a rising tide of private employment."

Another lesson for you about the difference between a truth and a half-truth, as well as another lesson for you about the sin of lying by omission.

Your writing style sucks. Do you expect people to suffer through that shit? And that disregards the fucking lies.

Mr. Potatohead, are you wearing your angry eyes?

The gates are down, the lights are flashing, but the train isn't coming.

That's what I love about your posts: abject stupidity.

You suggest that it's too difficult to read.....then comment on material in the post, proving that you couldn't stop reading it!!!

And the language of your post is infused with emotion....proving that it had exactly the effect on you that I planned it to have!
If you are unhappy with what I say, try putting your fingers in your ears until they meet.

Whoopee!

OK...Calm down.
Clearly, the OP was over your head.....You should stick to the task for which you are better prepared, using silly putty to lift the comic page.
I’m sure somebody will open the egg for you.

Too stupid.

This is all I read. It is a fucking lie. You are a blowhard. Nobody reads your lists.

"If you've got a business.....you didn't build that!"

Go back to HS and take a writing class.

You thinking of signing up for one?
You mean, like, we could hang out together like BFF's?

You really, really lonely?

OMG! Did I just use the word 'thinking' in reference to you???

"This is all I read."

You're fibbing....

Want me to prove it?
You wrote earlier "And that disregards the ......lies."

You see....you gave it away when you used the plural of lie.
Must have read the whole thing.

And it made you so angry, knowing it was all true and you had no ability to write
a cogent response....that you'd lie and use vulgar language.

Gotcha.....

I'm laughing at you....

Considering your constellation of skills, how is it possible for you to decide whether to defecate or to wind you watch?
When you come up with a quality response…just give me a call…I’ll be ice skating in Hell.

Obama’s Father’s Day Remarks

Excerpt:

"Of all the rocks upon which we build our lives, we are reminded today that family is the most important. And we are called to recognize and honor how critical every father is to that foundation. They are teachers and coaches. They are mentors and role models. They are examples of success and the men who constantly push us toward it.

But if we are honest with ourselves, we’ll admit that what too many fathers also are is missing – missing from too many lives and too many homes. They have abandoned their responsibilities, acting like boys instead of men. And the foundations of our families are weaker because of it.

You and I know how true this is in the African-American community. We know that more than half of all black children live in single-parent households, a number that has doubled – doubled – since we were children. We know the statistics – that children who grow up without a father are five times more likely to live in poverty and commit crime; nine times more likely to drop out of schools and twenty times more likely to end up in prison. They are more likely to have behavioral problems, or run away from home, or become teenage parents themselves. And the foundations of our community are weaker because of it.

How many times in the last year has this city lost a child at the hands of another child? How many times have our hearts stopped in the middle of the night with the sound of a gunshot or a siren? How many teenagers have we seen hanging around on street corners when they should be sitting in a classroom? How many are sitting in prison when they should be working, or at least looking for a job? How many in this generation are we willing to lose to poverty or violence or addiction? How many?

Yes, we need more cops on the street. Yes, we need fewer guns in the hands of people who shouldn’t have them. Yes, we need more money for our schools, and more outstanding teachers in the classroom, and more afterschool programs for our children. Yes, we need more jobs and more job training and more opportunity in our communities.

But we also need families to raise our children. We need fathers to realize that responsibility does not end at conception. We need them to realize that what makes you a man is not the ability to have a child – it’s the courage to raise one."

Reality is defined by actions, not by words.

See....you didn't know that, and that's why you Lefties keep falling for the charlatans.

Since we now know PC is a big fan and disciple of Franklin Roosevelt, let's look at something else he said in that 1935 SOTU:

"We have, however, a clear mandate from the people, that Americans must forswear that conception of the acquisition of wealth which, through excessive profits, creates undue private power over private affairs and, to our misfortune, over public affairs as well.

In building toward this end we do not destroy ambition, nor do we seek to divide our wealth into equal shares on stated occasions. We continue to recognize the greater ability of some to earn more than others.

But we do assert that the ambition of the individual to obtain for him and his a proper security, a reasonable leisure, and a decent living throughout life is an ambition to be preferred to the appetite for great wealth and great power."

Eloquently stated, elegantly, absolutely correct.

Why would I go away mad? You haven't said anything important or of substance.

Hey....good to see you back....

...I read about you in one of Leopold von Sacher-Masoch's novels.....

(you won't get that one...but I liked it.)

"You haven't said anything important or of substance."
So.....you don't think that Obama's attempts to change the American character from "can do" to "I've fallen and I can't get up" is of any importance?
You sure?

You have children: bet you won't teach them to feel that way.....will you?

Have parties to get folks to see the joys of food stamps?
No importance?

See if you understand this:

"The lessons of history … show conclusively that continued dependence upon relief induces a spiritual and moral disintegration fundamentally destructive to the national fiber. To dole out relief in this way is to administer a narcotic, a subtle destroyer of the human spirit."

These words about Depression-era welfare are from Franklin Roosevelt's 1935 State of the Union Address.

No importance?

You know the truth, ...don't you?

The truth is that FDR made the above statement as part of his justification for a massive Federal jobs program.

"The Federal Government is the only governmental agency with sufficient power and credit to meet this situation. We have assumed this task, and we shall not shrink form it in the future. It is a duty dictated by every intelligent consideration of national policy to ask you to make it possible for the United States to give employment to all of these three-and-a-half million people now on relief, pending their absorption in a rising tide of private employment."

Another lesson for you about the difference between a truth and a half-truth, as well as another lesson for you about the sin of lying by omission.

I don't believe that the day when you can give me a lesson are yet on the horizon....

...in fact, pigs may fly before that day.

Case in point, this directly followed the passage that I quoted:

"The Federal Government must and shall quit this business of relief."

So....hoist by your own petard: a "sin of lying by omission."

Since we now know PC is a big fan and disciple of Franklin Roosevelt, let's look at something else he said in that 1935 SOTU:

"We have, however, a clear mandate from the people, that Americans must forswear that conception of the acquisition of wealth which, through excessive profits, creates undue private power over private affairs and, to our misfortune, over public affairs as well.

In building toward this end we do not destroy ambition, nor do we seek to divide our wealth into equal shares on stated occasions. We continue to recognize the greater ability of some to earn more than others.

But we do assert that the ambition of the individual to obtain for him and his a proper security, a reasonable leisure, and a decent living throughout life is an ambition to be preferred to the appetite for great wealth and great power."

Eloquently stated, elegantly, absolutely correct.

See post #48.

Im not reading that drivel. Can you cut it down to a sentence please.

And that's why you never finished school......

well sure i did.Im sure you did too. If you are going to insult people at least make it logical and based around some sort of fact.
You know like i bet you are a bad driver because you're Asian.

Hey....you insult people the way you want....and I'll do it the way I want to.

I'm sure you finished at the top of 'Robert Fiance Beauty Schools; Cosmetology, Esthetics, and Nail Technology."

As far as my driving....no way to know: my chauffeur Jeeves does all of the driving.

.[/QUOTE]

I don't believe that the day when you can give me a lesson are yet on the horizon....

So....hoist by your own petard: a "sin of lying by omission."[/QUOTE]

yes and this follows:
The Federal Government must and shall quit this business of relief.

I am not willing that the vitality of our people be further sapped by the giving of cash, of market baskets, of a few hours of weekly work cutting grass, raking leaves, or picking up papers in the public parks. We must preserve not only the bodies of the unemployed from destitution but also their self-respect, their self-reliance, and courage and determination. This decision brings me to the problem of what the Government should do with approximately 5,000,000 unemployed now on the relief rolls.

About one million and a half of these belong to the group which in the past was dependent upon local welfare efforts. Most of them are unable for one reason or another to maintain themselves independently - for the most part, through no fault of their own. Such people, in the days before the great depression, were card for by local effort - by States, by counties, by towns, by cities, by churches, and by private welfare agencies. It is my thought that in the future they must be cared for as they were before. I stand ready, through my own personal efforts and through the public influence of the office that I hold, to help these local agencies to get the means necessary to assume this burden.

The security legislation which I shall propose to the Congress will, I am confident, be of assistance to local effort in the care of this type of cases. Local responsibility can and will be resumed, for, after all, common sense tells us that the wealth necessary for this task existed and still exists in the local community, and the dictates of sound administration require that this responsibility be in the first instance a local one.

There are, however, an additional three and one-half million employable people who are on relief. With them the problem is different and the responsibility is different. This group was the victim of a Nation-wide depression caused by conditions which were not local but national. The Federal Government is the only governmental agency with sufficient power and credit to meet this situation. We have assumed this task, and we shall not shrink form it in the future. It is a duty dictated by every intelligent consideration of national policy to ask you to make it possible for the United States to give employment to all of these three-and-a-half million people now on relief, pending their absorption in a rising tide of private employment.

and thus this is the problem with every thread you make. You take a snip from here, and a snip from there and try to connect the dots that are made up in your head.

in the world you live in context typically doesn't matter. Your Op's and posts can typically be broken down quite easily.

Its gotten to the point that you are nothing more than a joke.

So yes, you can shut up now. You said your opinion, it was stupid.

And that's why you never finished school......

well sure i did.Im sure you did too. If you are going to insult people at least make it logical and based around some sort of fact.
You know like i bet you are a bad driver because you're Asian.

Hey....you insult people the way you want....and I'll do it the way I want to.

I'm sure you finished at the top of 'Robert Fiance Beauty Schools; Cosmetology, Esthetics, and Nail Technology."

As far as my driving....no way to know: my chauffeur Jeeves does all of the driving.

well you can make good money in hair and nails. My family would know, so thats not really a good insult.

Hey i never said you can't insult the way you do it. I just said this way was better.

Thanks for the depression, dupes. That's the ONLY reason more people are on food stamps and assistance. How dumb and brainwashed can you get...

Depression.....your mental condition, or the event caused by FDR?

Which one?

Oh....you mean where Democrat/progressives turned a recession into the Great Depresion?
That one?

In 1935, the Brookings Institution (left-leaning) delivered a 900-page report on the New Deal and the National Recovery Administration, concluding that “ on the whole it retarded recovery.”
The Real Deal - Society and Culture - AEI

No, I'm talking about the SECOND Pub Great World Depression, that Obama stimulus turned into the Great Recession, that mindless Pub obstruction has kept going since 2/2010.

So....hoist by your own petard: a "sin of lying by omission."[/QUOTE]

yes and this follows:
The Federal Government must and shall quit this business of relief.

I am not willing that the vitality of our people be further sapped by the giving of cash, of market baskets, of a few hours of weekly work cutting grass, raking leaves, or picking up papers in the public parks. We must preserve not only the bodies of the unemployed from destitution but also their self-respect, their self-reliance, and courage and determination. This decision brings me to the problem of what the Government should do with approximately 5,000,000 unemployed now on the relief rolls.

About one million and a half of these belong to the group which in the past was dependent upon local welfare efforts. Most of them are unable for one reason or another to maintain themselves independently - for the most part, through no fault of their own. Such people, in the days before the great depression, were card for by local effort - by States, by counties, by towns, by cities, by churches, and by private welfare agencies. It is my thought that in the future they must be cared for as they were before. I stand ready, through my own personal efforts and through the public influence of the office that I hold, to help these local agencies to get the means necessary to assume this burden.

The security legislation which I shall propose to the Congress will, I am confident, be of assistance to local effort in the care of this type of cases. Local responsibility can and will be resumed, for, after all, common sense tells us that the wealth necessary for this task existed and still exists in the local community, and the dictates of sound administration require that this responsibility be in the first instance a local one.

There are, however, an additional three and one-half million employable people who are on relief. With them the problem is different and the responsibility is different. This group was the victim of a Nation-wide depression caused by conditions which were not local but national. The Federal Government is the only governmental agency with sufficient power and credit to meet this situation. We have assumed this task, and we shall not shrink form it in the future. It is a duty dictated by every intelligent consideration of national policy to ask you to make it possible for the United States to give employment to all of these three-and-a-half million people now on relief, pending their absorption in a rising tide of private employment.

and thus this is the problem with every thread you make. You take a snip from here, and a snip from there and try to connect the dots that are made up in your head.

in the world you live in context typically doesn't matter. Your Op's and posts can typically be broken down quite easily.

Its gotten to the point that you are nothing more than a joke.

So yes, you can shut up now. You said your opinion, it was stupid.[/QUOTE]

I’d love to explain it to you, but I don’t have any crayons.

OK....one more time.

See....that's your problem: looking at the words, but not understanding them.

FDR agreed with the OP.

He spoke of what he say as a dire situation that required extraordinary government action....

...he may or may not have been correct.

But he didn't say....as you seem to believe....that eternal welfare is good for the nation.

Why do I have to explain everything to you????

Thanks for the depression, dupes. That's the ONLY reason more people are on food stamps and assistance. How dumb and brainwashed can you get...

Depression.....your mental condition, or the event caused by FDR?

Which one?

Oh....you mean where Democrat/progressives turned a recession into the Great Depresion?
That one?

In 1935, the Brookings Institution (left-leaning) delivered a 900-page report on the New Deal and the National Recovery Administration, concluding that “ on the whole it retarded recovery.”
The Real Deal - Society and Culture - AEI

No, I'm talking about the SECOND Pub Great World Depression, that Obama stimulus turned into the Great Recession, that mindless Pub obstruction has kept going since 2/2010.

So....your analysis is that the nation is doing just fine?

Call the White House....I'm sure they'd agree to run on that.

I said mindless Pub obstruction has kept the Great Recession going since 2/2010. Maybe after Obama is reelected they'll go for a compromise or two...

Pure Pubcrappe, dupe. Obama has never stopped trying to compromise. He made the stimulus 40% about tax cuts, ACA is a Pub/Heritage plan, etc etc etc. Pubs will pass nothing helpful, even their own ideas.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back