A President Represents all Americans..

He doesn't represent ALL Americans. if he did he would not make a special department of BLACK education..

There's no department of black education. There IS an initiative on educational excellence because African-Americans lag so far behind other populations in educational attainment. Do you feel there's a lack of opportunity for white kids?

Why ignore the rest of the disadvantaged children? There is a lack of opportunity for all children wwho come from disadvantaged homes.

That's a talking point. The opportunities are there. The tax dollars are being spent. Did you realize that here in Tennessee, if you graduate from a list of "high risk" high schools that you get a full 4 year scholarship to the University of Tennessee?
The problem that no one wants to discuss is that you can't undo the poor values being taught at home in the few hours of the school day. If we allow the children to continue living in unstable environments, we can throw money at them 24/7 and not receive better outcomes.

He doesn't represent ALL Americans. if he did he would not make a special department of BLACK education..

There's no department of black education. There IS an initiative on educational excellence because African-Americans lag so far behind other populations in educational attainment. Do you feel there's a lack of opportunity for white kids?

Yes there is a lack of opportunity for poor white kids, poor people everywhere of every race. All white people are not rich, regardless of what you think. What about poor Asians or poor Europeans?? If he were the President of ALL the people he wouldn't be dividing us on race, gender preference and party affiliation.

As a matter of fact, this man is not my president...........he said it himself, I vote Republican therefore I AM HIS ENEMY!!

Last edited:

Why ignore the rest of the disadvantaged children? There is a lack of opportunity for all children wwho come from disadvantaged homes.

Who said they're being ignored? Race to the Top and other education reforms have benefited them significantly.

Who said they're being ignored? Race to the Top and other education reforms have benefited them significantly.

And they don't benefit black students?? Your racism is showing. :eusa_hand:

Who said that? Oh, right- you're just making shit up.

again.

Can Republicans afford to allow America to be successful or even have an economic recovery? Were that to happen that would mean Obama and the Democrats were successful and would be reelected.
It is the job of the party out of power to use all within their means to insure failure of the party in power. The closest we come to a united action is with a war, and we can understand whyt the party in power doesn't seem to mind a splendid little war at tmes. But with no war it is the job of the party out of power to destroy any chance of success for the party in power. The Republican party has made no bones about that goal.

again.

There are already programs for all disadvantaged students. They don't need one specifically for blacks. If blacks are not benefitting from the usual programs, analyze the problem and deal with it in the standard programs so it will help all of the less performing students. Doesn't that make sense? And less costly and less discriminatory.

Look at who Obummer has targeted his re election pitch to, and consequently who else he intends to alienate by omission in the process: African Americans, Hispanics, women, college educated librarians, and perverts.
Look at who else Obama intentionally and deliberately alienated; the "You didn't build that by yourself" crowd. What did Winston Churchill once say about England, "The business of England is business"? No less true in America.

again.

There are already programs for all disadvantaged students. They don't need one specifically for blacks. If blacks are not benefitting from the usual programs, analyze the problem and deal with it in the standard programs so it will help all of the less performing students. Doesn't that make sense? And less costly and less discriminatory.

There are unique challenges in education in the black community. This Excellence in Education program seeks to overcome some of those unique challenges. It's not all that different than money dedicated to rural education efforts or rural poverty - which is overwhelmingly a white problem.

again.

There are unique challenges in education in the black community. This Excellence in Education program seeks to overcome some of those unique challenges. It's not all that different than money dedicated to rural education efforts or rural poverty - which is overwhelmingly a white problem.

:bsflag: Bullcrap, black have the same opportunity as all other Americans, singling them out to receive "special" benefits is racism in it's purest form.

Do you believe Obama has lived up to that aspiration?

As a conservative, I'd say pretty well nope, in fact, mostly the opposite.

Other than sitting at the White House while Bin Laden was whacked, I'm kinda at a loss to remember anything he's accomplished correctly for conservatives....:dunno:

As a conservative, I agree with your impressions of the O. regime. However, it HAS made great strides for progressives who have a real problem with our U.S. Constitution and with those who want or need entitlements.

And the future of the direction of our country, will be determined by who wins the presidential election. ( though some would disagree )

:bsflag: Bullcrap, black have the same opportunity as all other Americans, singling them out to receive "special" benefits is racism in it's purest form.
So programs that specifically serve rural Americans are wrong? Programs to support American Indians are wrong?

again.

What are those unique challenges?

Anyone who lays all of the blame at the feet of Obama for not bringing TWO sides together--TWO
being the operative word there--is not telling the whole story.

I think the American people understand that and this is why Obama is getting his 2nd term.

when Clinton and his predecessor's were the President, the Country was divided,but you can still hear and see each other across the divide.....Bush turned that divide into a chasm...with Obama it has become the Grand Canyon.....so yea i will say he has helped make the gap bigger.....he like Bush were and are,horrible leaders...

I would ask what you would have done differently but I'm pretty sure I'd get "reach out". I would like to see what you' would have done differently and maybe we could compare notes.

As I recall, he left Bush's SECDEF in place at the Pentagon when he took over. He adopted Governor Romney's model for his healthcare plan. He extended the Bush tax cuts once already. I think he's reached out plenty. If the GOP has no interest in meeting him halfway...well...I guess that is Obama's fault...is that what I'm hearing?

What are those unique challenges?

1) Generational urban poverty, in part due to government programs specifically designed to allow whites to move into suburbs while blacks could not.

2) Failing family structures and very high levels of poverty among single mothers and children.

3) A family focus on safety and protection over education and advancement.

The programs the administration is proposing help overcome these challenges.

So programs that specifically serve rural Americans are wrong? Programs to support American Indians are wrong?

Poor rural Americans encompass many races. I haven't seen any programs that is targeting "unique challenges" in WHITE communities.

Poor rural Americans encompass many races.

Well, kinda. In the South. Poor rural Americans outside of the South are almost exclusively white.

I haven't seen any programs that is targeting "unique challenges" in WHITE communities.
You think there's a lack of government programs targeting the challenges white people face?

really now?

really?

If only we could get some white folks in power so they could look out for us!

Forum List

Back