"A Prayer - Help me Follow the Right Road":

Locke11_21

Democrat Party - the REAL Fascist Party
Dec 31, 2011
Bay State
A friend of mine gave me this prayer, and it is a real good one. I know many of us, me included, get into that same cycle of praying the same prayer over and over again at times. Well, here is a wonderful prayer to read and pray. I hope you all enjoy and find it useful and comforting!!

"A Prayer - Help me Follow the Right Road":

My Lord God, I have no idea where I am going. I do not see the road ahead of me. I cannot know for certain where it will end. Nor do I really know myself, and the fact that I think I am following your will does not mean that I am actually doing so. But I believe that the desire to please you does in fact please you. And I hope that I have that desire in all that I am doing. I hope that I will never do anything apart from that desire. And I know that if I do this you will lead me by the right road though I may know nothing about it. Therefore will I trust you always though I may seem to be lost and in the shadow of death. I will not fear, for you are ever with me, and will never leave me to face my perils alone. Amen.

Thomas Merton (1915 – 1968)

Locke, this was written a few years back, & I can't recall it exactly, but it goes like this, modified by a less-than perfect memory:

may beauty surround you
may God stay and found you
may peace walk before you
may heaven adore you
may all kindness warm you
may no evil harm you
may wisdom befriend you
and mercy defend you
may good deeds define you
your troubles refine you
may good health be given you
may justice live in you