A Postal Service bailout?

There are a few things the postal service should do:

1. Increase rates on junk mail.
2. Lay off employees not needed.
3. Increase postal rates for letters and packages to at least a breakeven point.
4. Postal service directors and managers need incentive to improve efficiency.

These are the same things private industry would do to become profitable.

you have to go through the Board of governors and the Congressional postal panel first....and ending Sat. delivery would need Congressional approval..... which i have no idea how far that thought has traveled...there is a lot of resistance to this....and not just in the PO....

There are still a great deal of people who don't own computers which is one reason it won't be considered for a looooooooong time. I'm the only one in my condo building who has one--everyone else here is over 65 and retired, and going to the mailbox is one of the highlights of their day.

There are a few things the postal service should do:

1. Increase rates on junk mail.
2. Lay off employees not needed.
3. Increase postal rates for letters and packages to at least a breakeven point.
4. Postal service directors and managers need incentive to improve efficiency.

These are the same things private industry would do to become profitable.

you have to go through the Board of governors and the Congressional postal panel first....and ending Sat. delivery would need Congressional approval..... which i have no idea how far that thought has traveled...there is a lot of resistance to this....and not just in the PO....

There are still a great deal of people who don't own computers which is one reason it won't be considered for a looooooooong time. I'm the only one in my condo building who has one--everyone else here is over 65 and retired, and going to the mailbox is one of the highlights of their day.

Congress is considering that right now Maggs.....but the opposition from business groups is keeping it at bay....for now....

Forum List

Back