A Post for Rdean - Why do Republican Politicians Hate Science?

Ouch!!!! Toro, that is as inflamatory of an article as I have ever posted. Thank You.

Why do Republican politicians hate science? - How the World Works - Salon.com

The truth is, American Republican politicians have pulled off a very neat trick. They've tapped into widespread grass roots anger that manifests itself in all kinds of volatile ways, while pursuing a political agenda that primarily benefits elites and specific corporate special interests. When those two match up -- as in the case of climate change skepticism, the GOP is golden, and the politicians feel free to rant away. But when they don't match up: taxing the rich, for example, they are remarkably quiet. The real difference between the U.S. and Western Europe may just be that politicians in Europe can't get away with such arrant hypocrisy.

You can tell how much science is actually behind "manmade Global Warming" because of the numerous name changes and re-branding it's gone through in just the past 5 years

AGW

Climate Change

Climate Disruption

It's the Great Climactic Googly Moogly, Charlie Brown!

You can tell how much science is actually behind "manmade Global Warming" because of the numerous name changes and re-branding it's gone through in just the past 5 years

AGW

Climate Change

Climate Disruption

Yep, and your post proves it's right. If you had a decent argument, you'd use it. Since you don't, you have to try and ridicule the theory or attack it on a merely political basis. You're unable challenge the basic science. You know what GHGs do and you have no REAL answers to counter it.

AGW

Climate Change

Climate Disruption

Yep, and your post proves it's right. If you had a decent argument, you'd use it. Since you don't, you have to try and ridicule the theory or attack it on a merely political basis. You're unable challenge the basic science. You know what GHGs do and you have no REAL answers to counter it.

No, I'm ridiculing it on a scientific basis.

You cannot on the one hand say that you've reduced all the variables in a complex system to changes in CO2 and at the same time say "just trust me" when asked to replicate your results in a laboratory setting.

That's Faith based healing, that's not science.

There's nothing wrong with homeopathy, palmistry or faith based healing either, just don't say you have science on your side

AGW

Climate Change

Climate Disruption

You cannot on the one hand say that you've reduced all the variables in a complex system to changes in CO2 and at the same time say "just trust me" when asked to replicate your results in a laboratory setting.

There's nothing wrong with homeopathy, palmistry or faith based healing either, just don't say you have science on your side

We know what CO2 does.

We know it's been going up.

To expect anything but warming is illogical.

Where's the energy going that the extra CO2 is absorbing? I eagerly await you "complex" answer. :eusa_whistle:

We know what CO2 does.

Where's the energy going that the extra CO2 is absorbing? I eagerly await you "complex" answer. :eusa_whistle:

What you've proposed it not science, but you know that, right?

We know what CO2 does.

What you've proposed it not science, but you know that, right?

It's both science AND logic. You don't have a leg to stand on. You know that, don't you? I find it laughable that you call on science, when your arguments are totally political.

How will you live? :cool:
Without them? Quite comfortably and with greater satisfaction.

Self-satisfaction is the enemy of the scientific mind. That's what's always said about evolutionists and AGW believers, but here we have the evidence that it's really their opponents' failing.
1163354162444xy4lg2.jpg

Hairnet finally got a convert. Red letter day for dum.

We know what CO2 does.

Wow, this is like idiots going back time and time again to the same pump that gave them cholera because they forgot someone told them it was bad water.

Do you have a brain injury that prevents learning from past threads? Westwall has schooled your ass on this missing energy BS and solar absorption for months.

I guess if you can't remember it, it makes your rants relevant again.

Forum List

Back