A post debate poll prediction

Romney won't pick anyone running for veep. Look for him to pick a conservative who is either a governor or, more likely, a senator with foreign affairs expertise.

What about Huntsman? It would basically solidify the ticket as Centrist, which would rattle the base, but would sell well in the general election.

No. That would be a disaster. I like Huntsman but it aint gonna happen.

He needs a conservative to solidify a base that doesn't really trust him. Also, given the three year long amateur hour at the WH, someone with foreign affairs experience will give him more gravitas.

LOL

DBS knows Obama is done and is now just hoooooooooping to get as liberal a ticket as he can. lol

Romney won't pick anyone running for veep. Look for him to pick a conservative who is either a governor or, more likely, a senator with foreign affairs expertise.

What about Huntsman? It would basically solidify the ticket as Centrist, which would rattle the base, but would sell well in the general election.

You need the base even in the general election. I think Romney would pick someone clearly to his right as his running mate. My guess would be someone like Cain, Rubio, or Bachmann.

You need the base even in the general election. I think Romney would pick someone clearly to his right as his running mate. My guess would be someone like Cain, Rubio, or Bachmann.

Bachmann would be a total negative to anybody not already in the GOP camp.

After watching tonights debate Ive come to the following conclusion about what I think the polls will reflect.
Perry had nothing but OIL
Paul had nothing but FED
Huntsman seemed absent
Bachmann seemed...... well, the same lol
Cain hammered his 9-9-9 and what he thought it could result in
Santorum seemed angry as usual
Newt is a fucking brainiac, sadly I seriously doubt he can win
Romney seemed as polished as any candidate ever could be

I believe the post debate polls will reflect this "IF" it was widely watched (since it was on an obscure channel I dunno)

1 Romney
2 Cain
3 Newt
4 Bachmann
5 Perry (Perry, Paul and Santorum could be flipped around in any order really)
6 Paul
7 Santorum
8 Huntsman

Thoughts?

Herman Cain lost ground tonight--over his 999 plan and his comment about Alan Greenspan. Newt as usual--hits the nail on the head on the issues.

So I go with
1. Romney
2. Gingrich
3. Bachmann
4. Cain
5. Perry
6 Paul
7. Santorum
8. Huntsman

My personal opinion anyway.

Judging from the softball question Romney asked Bachmann during the debate--I think he is eyeing her for the VP spot.

It makes sense because he wants tea party supporters--and she is liked very much by the Tea Party movement in this country.

Judging from the softball question Romney asked Bachmann during the debate--I think he is eyeing her for the VP spot.

It makes sense because he wants tea party supporters--and she is liked very much by the Tea Party movement in this country.

That would be an interesting move. and it may bring out more of the base.

I think the order I have candidates listed as who I think will secure the nomination haven't shifted after this debate. If anything I think they're having too many debates-the more you have the less of an impact each individual is going to have, and thus it'll be more difficult for those towards the bottom to gain ground. At least in my opinion.

1. Romney: He's polished, and has survived months of being the #1 target, and is still #1. At this point I think he'll survive anything else people throw at him. It's his nomination to lose-not somebody else's to gain. He can bring in the moderates (which is needed in a general election). The far right also splitting their votes to several candidates is a huge plus for Mitt.

2. Cain: Has jumped up a lot. He's concise, articulate, and gets his point across. I think he just needs some more points. He's done a great job at getting across his 9-9-9 plan, but needs to get more out there. If Romney falters, I think Cain will get the nomination.

3. Gingrich: If he didn't have so much personal baggage I'd say he'd have a good shot at becoming the nominee.

4. Perry: Not able to debate efficiently. Without that you don't really have a shot to become the nominee, much less president.

Paul/Bachmann/Santorum could all be exchanged at this point.

8. Huntsman

He needs a conservative to solidify a base that doesn't really trust him. Also, given the three year long amateur hour at the WH, someone with foreign affairs experience will give him more gravitas.

LOL

DBS knows Obama is done and is now just hoooooooooping to get as liberal a ticket as he can. lol

While I do want the most liberal ticket possible, on both sides, I also don't think Republicans win a general election by going hard right and choosing the most radical candidates possible. The more the GOP can work the center, the better shot they have at winning.

This is what I feel will come of this over the next few days.

Winners: Santorum - Paul - Newt

No change: Romney - Bachmann

Lost ground: Cain - Perry and Huntsman if that is possible, should be in No change.

LOL

While I do want the most liberal ticket possible, on both sides, I also don't think Republicans win a general election by going hard right and choosing the most radical candidates possible. The more the GOP can work the center, the better shot they have at winning.

Romney is as centrist as they come. How is him picking a conservative a hard right ticket?

After watching tonights debate Ive come to the following conclusion about what I think the polls will reflect.
Paul had nothing but FED
Huntsman seemed absent

I believe the post debate polls will reflect this "IF" it was widely watched (since it was on an obscure channel I dunno)

1 Romney
2 Cain
3 Newt
4 Bachmann
6 Paul
7 Santorum
8 Huntsman

Thoughts?

Romney is polished. They take him down and polish him every day. :razz: So far Santorum as VP looks good.

LOL

Romney is as centrist as they come. How is him picking a conservative a hard right ticket?

McCain was a Centrist. He picked a hard right VP. We all know how that worked out.

McCain was a Centrist. He picked a hard right VP. We all know how that worked out.

Obama had the charm and gift for gabb. I dont think it mattered who McCain picked. Now obama has a record. I dont think it matters who our nominee picks.

See how that works?

Paul had nothing but FED
Huntsman seemed absent

1 Romney
2 Cain
3 Newt
4 Bachmann
6 Paul
7 Santorum
8 Huntsman

Thoughts?

Romney is polished. They take him down and polish him every day. :razz: So far Santorum as VP looks good.

Zero chance of that happening. He lost his PA (no, not that PA!) senate seat by 15 points.

Romney would ask Bachmann a softball question because she has zero chance of winning and it takes airtime away from his biggest threats.

Paul had nothing but FED
Huntsman seemed absent

1 Romney
2 Cain
3 Newt
4 Bachmann
6 Paul
7 Santorum
8 Huntsman

Thoughts?

Santorum? No fucking way.

Forum List

Back