A post debate poll prediction

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
After watching tonights debate Ive come to the following conclusion about what I think the polls will reflect.
Perry had nothing but OIL
Paul had nothing but FED
Huntsman seemed absent
Bachmann seemed...... well, the same lol
Cain hammered his 9-9-9 and what he thought it could result in
Santorum seemed angry as usual
Newt is a fucking brainiac, sadly I seriously doubt he can win
Romney seemed as polished as any candidate ever could be

I believe the post debate polls will reflect this "IF" it was widely watched (since it was on an obscure channel I dunno)

1 Romney
2 Cain
3 Newt
4 Bachmann
5 Perry (Perry, Paul and Santorum could be flipped around in any order really)
6 Paul
7 Santorum
8 Huntsman

Thoughts?

I am going with Newt. He's the man with vision. He knows how to handle Congress. I believe he could select good people for his administration and depend on outside experts for advice.

I think the people are going to run with Romney. He's been in the race in earlier years as well as Gingrich. Why should that hold Gingrich back?

Gingrich , I feel isn't pitching his ware for votes. He tells it like it is as if he were in charge right now. I like that. He's not afraid to compliment others.

• Banned
I am going with Newt. He's the man with vision. He knows how to handle Congress. I believe he could select good people for his administration and depend on outside experts for advice.

I think the people are going to run with Romney. He's been in the race in earlier years as well as Gingrich. Why should that hold Gingrich back?

Gingrich , I feel isn't pitching his ware for votes. He tells it like it is as if he were in charge right now. I like that. He's not afraid to compliment others.

Agree 100%. I was just predicting how the polls may reflect upon the debate, not so much my feelings

Newt has far too much ethical baggage. He hasn't a prayer. Cain is the only one that impresses me to be honest. He's direct, concise, and actually has a legit plan that might actually work.

Plus he's not a politician and the public is looking for a break from the politicians I think.

After watching tonights debate Ive come to the following conclusion about what I think the polls will reflect.
Paul had nothing but FED
Huntsman seemed absent

I believe the post debate polls will reflect this "IF" it was widely watched (since it was on an obscure channel I dunno)

1 Romney
2 Cain
3 Newt
4 Bachmann
6 Paul
7 Santorum
8 Huntsman

Thoughts?

I would agree with that assessment. Also, if I had to guess, I would say right now Romney/Gingrich is the ticket based off this debate.

• Banned
Paul had nothing but FED
Huntsman seemed absent

1 Romney
2 Cain
3 Newt
4 Bachmann
6 Paul
7 Santorum
8 Huntsman

Thoughts?

I would agree with that assessment. Also, if I had to guess, I would say right now Romney/Gingrich is the ticket based off this debate.

Newt would help him draw in the conservative vote displeased with his nomination

Paul had nothing but FED
Huntsman seemed absent

1 Romney
2 Cain
3 Newt
4 Bachmann
6 Paul
7 Santorum
8 Huntsman

Thoughts?

Newt would help him draw in the conservative vote displeased with his nomination

Exactly.

Plus, I felt like of all the people up there, Next presented himself as the real idea man. Not that I agree with his ideas, but it's a nice balance to Romney's smooth/calm approach.

Mitt

I think Mitt/Paul would be a great ticket

I think Mitt would be a fool to pick Ron Paul at the VP if he had the chance. Nothing against Ron Paul or most of his followers. But there are just enough nutjobs that follow Paul that someone would start taking a shot at Romney to get Paul in.

Just not worth the chance.

I have liked Cain, but I want to hear about foreign affairs and jobs before I commit to him. Perhaps even Health Care. That came out of Left field with Obama when we didn't expect it.

Cain seems to be so excited about the 9-9-9 program and that is fine, but let's go further for we have learned from the last three years, there are several ways to let a country down.

I like a man who has his religion, but it doesn't have to be part of campaigning, didn't care about it, when Cain mentioned he felt like Moses when stumping thei other day. I just sighed and thought, "Please don't go there."

I have liked Cain, but I want to hear about foreign affairs and jobs before I commit to him. Perhaps even Health Care. That came out of Left field with Obama when we didn't expect it.

Cain seems to be so excited about the 9-9-9 program and that is fine, but let's go further for we have learned from the last three years, there are several ways to let a country down.

I like a man who has his religion, but it doesn't have to be part of campaigning, didn't care about it, when Cain mentioned he felt like Moses when stumping thei other day. I just sighed and thought, "Please don't go there."

I thought it was interesting when someone (forgetting who) said of Cain's plan it is a tax plan, not a jobs plan. I'd agree with that assessment.

Having said that, he does seem to be the most fired up of all the candidates!

I'd rather he was geniune in who he was, then phoney to make people happy.

I thought it was interesting when someone (forgetting who) said of Cain's plan it is a tax plan, not a jobs plan. I'd agree with that assessment.

Having said that, he does seem to be the most fired up of all the candidates!

But, if his portrayal of the plan is close to accurate it would most deffinately help to creat jobs by freeing up business money and offer less risk for investments, which of course leads to jobs.

I didn't see anything in the debate to really move poll numbers. Perry wasn't great, but the bar was set quite low after his last performance. Cain didn't mess up, and was occasionally funny, but he also came under attack from the other candidates and failed to establish himself as the "anti-Romney" more firmly. To that end I would put Perry and Paul higher than you have them, and Gingrich lower.

Romney won't pick anyone running for veep. Look for him to pick a conservative who is either a governor or, more likely, a senator with foreign affairs expertise.

What about Huntsman? It would basically solidify the ticket as Centrist, which would rattle the base, but would sell well in the general election.

Romney won't pick anyone running for veep. Look for him to pick a conservative who is either a governor or, more likely, a senator with foreign affairs expertise.

What about Huntsman? It would basically solidify the ticket as Centrist, which would rattle the base, but would sell well in the general election.

He might as well pick the underware bomber in that scenario.

Self destruction inevitable with a ticket like that

No. That would be a disaster. I like Huntsman but it aint gonna happen.

He needs a conservative to solidify a base that doesn't really trust him. Also, given the three year long amateur hour at the WH, someone with foreign affairs experience will give him more gravitas.

my 2 cents....

Romney won another debate.
Perry lost another debate.
Herman Cain held his own.
Newt has great policies and continues to impress with his knowledge.
The rest are irrelevant and will drop out soon after the first primary elections take place.

I like Romney the best and I hope he wins the nomination.

Forum List

Back