A Positive Look at Islam

While we are at it maybe we can look at the posative side of Hitler too? Just because several million people found something uplifting about Nazism doesn't mean that it was a good thing.

I know, I shouldn't be mean to all Nazis because I am sure most were "moderate" Nazis.

We could also look at the positive side of christianity, just because all priests are pedophiles doesn't mean all catholics are pedophiles. Or does it?

We could look at it that all catholic priests that commit pedophilia are pedophiles. And those who do not condemn it are just the same.

Moreover, Jesus was not a pedophile nor promoted such. On the other hand, Muhammed promoted everything the "radicals" are, therefore it is the non terrorists that either don't know what their koran preaches or are lying.

While we are at it maybe we can look at the posative side of Hitler too? Just because several million people found something uplifting about Nazism doesn't mean that it was a good thing.

I know, I shouldn't be mean to all Nazis because I am sure most were "moderate" Nazis.

We could also look at the positive side of christianity, just because all priests are pedophiles doesn't mean all catholics are pedophiles. Or does it?

We could look at it that all catholic priests that commit pedophilia are pedophiles. And those who do not condemn it are just the same.

Moreover, Jesus was not a pedophile nor promoted such. On the other hand, Muhammed promoted everything the "radicals" are, therefore it is the non terrorists that either don't know what their koran preaches or are lying.

Didn't Muhammad have sex with girls we consider to be children?

Three hysterical posts to a thread meant to highlight the uplifting side of Islam. Some people will never hear a message of Godliness or peace, no matter how eloquently spoken, because they fear the speaker.

I think any religion that doesn't believe Christ was resurrected is not from God.

It would be nice to have some actual proof not quoted from a book of fiction.

Three hysterical posts to a thread meant to highlight the uplifting side of Islam. Some people will never hear a message of Godliness or peace, no matter how eloquently spoken, because they fear the speaker.

I think any religion that doesn't believe Christ was resurrected is not from God.

It would be nice to have some actual proof not quoted from a book of fiction.

You see...there's the rub.

But I guess if you were to look into it further you wouldn't think it was all just a fairy-tale.

Besides....isn't just about everything that happened over 2 thousand years ago hard to prove? They didn't have video back then.

Sorry bout that,

1. The only thing I find uplifting about islam is this.
2. The uplifting of Christians heads from off thier shoulders.
3. Some of you need an out of body experiance in order to understand whats going on in the world today.
4. islam is at war with you dumb asses!
5. While they claim its "Just a small percentage of the extrme element of islam".
6. Which they say, "We take no part in".
7. Damn you people of the world or dumber than shit!:eek:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Last edited:
My contribution is loving the Sufi poets. Sufism is the mystical side of Islam. I'm close to a Sufi, who mentored me in my counseling practice.

Since we have at least six or seven Islam bashing threads here is an opportunity to look on the positive side.

1.5 billion people find something uplifting about Islam as a religion. Here is an article about Islam in Indonesia.
America at a Crossroads . A Different Jihad: Indonesia's Struggle for the Soul of Islam | PBS

Can you?

There is no religion on earth you could look at in a positive light.

That's not the point. What we think or better yet Believe is what is important.

As in any religion faith is the number one issue.

I suppose you're gonna say I'm mindless and God doesn't give a rat's ass what I think.

Well at least you admit he exists.

That's progress I suppose. :clap2::clap2:

Not "progress," Mud, as I've always admitted the idea of divinity.
Its people I have a problem with; their limitations on and limited conceptions of the divine that I find hard to accept.
I'm totally okay NOT knowing.
I'm completely okay with the idea that dad, or mom, or :eek:it doesn't like me or my "group" best, but that he, or she, or :eek: it likes me ENOUGH.
AND that he, or she or :eek: it likes everyone else too.
I especially like the last one, because guess what, that includes you too, and I'm pretty sure that, within your interactions with the people you actually interact with, you're a good person too, and that you honestly mean well.
Your heart is good. Perception? That is subjective. I think subjectivity catches up eventually. So don't be a hater, because I don't hate you.

Well first of all it's wrong to assume someone with a differing opinion hates you.

Second...trying to put me into some group or class of people is a bit presumptive. You don't know me from Adam so I think you might want to suspend judgment until you know for sure where exactly I'm coming from...and you'll never really know that if you insist on acting like your smarter then me. I don't feel the need to explain myself till you drop the condescending tone you seem to exude. You assume from reading one sentence that you can read me and that's where you're wrong again.

Thirdly....my perceptions are usually fairly close to actuality. For example....you're intelligent and of course you think you're intelligent...and because of this you like showing your intelligence to anyone who will listen to you. I on the other hand I don't think I'm the smartest person in the room even though I'm also not the dumbest. However I think I'm a decent person most of the time. We all have our shortcomings unfortunately. Mine is a quick temper which as I age is getting less and less. You on the other will most likely remain kind of stuck up for the rest of your life.

No offense.:eusa_angel:

Maybe we can have a beer together sometime when you get over yourself.

Cutting through the bs about presumptions:

:rolleyes:

Not "progress," Mud, as I've always admitted the idea of divinity.
Its people I have a problem with; their limitations on and limited conceptions of the divine that I find hard to accept.
I'm totally okay NOT knowing.
I'm completely okay with the idea that dad, or mom, or :eek:it doesn't like me or my "group" best, but that he, or she, or :eek: it likes me ENOUGH.
AND that he, or she or :eek: it likes everyone else too.
I especially like the last one, because guess what, that includes you too, and I'm pretty sure that, within your interactions with the people you actually interact with, you're a good person too, and that you honestly mean well.
Your heart is good. Perception? That is subjective. I think subjectivity catches up eventually. So don't be a hater, because I don't hate you.

Well first of all it's wrong to assume someone with a differing opinion hates you.

Second...trying to put me into some group or class of people is a bit presumptive. You don't know me from Adam so I think you might want to suspend judgment until you know for sure where exactly I'm coming from...and you'll never really know that if you insist on acting like your smarter then me. I don't feel the need to explain myself till you drop the condescending tone you seem to exude. You assume from reading one sentence that you can read me and that's where you're wrong again.

Thirdly....my perceptions are usually fairly close to actuality. For example....you're intelligent and of course you think you're intelligent...and because of this you like showing your intelligence to anyone who will listen to you. I on the other hand I don't think I'm the smartest person in the room even though I'm also not the dumbest. However I think I'm a decent person most of the time. We all have our shortcomings unfortunately. Mine is a quick temper which as I age is getting less and less. You on the other will most likely remain kind of stuck up for the rest of your life.

No offense.:eusa_angel:

Maybe we can have a beer together sometime when you get over yourself.

Cutting through the bs about presumptions:

:rolleyes:

I'm just going by what you said about divinity.
You really think divinity gives a rats ass whether you think it has the capacity to multitask?
So that wasn't exactly presumptive. If God didn't exist he wouldn't be able to do anything...much less give a rats ass.

Last edited:
Al-Ghazali, a Sufi orthodox Muslim, and follower of the Shafi’i school of Islamic jurisprudence, wrote this about jihad war and the treatment of the vanquished non-Muslim dhimmi peoples, in the Wadjiz: [4]

[O]ne must go on jihad (i.e., warlike razzias or raids) at least once a year…one may use a catapult against them [non-Muslims] when they are in a fortress, even if among them are women and children. One may set fire to them and/or drown them…If a person of the Ahl al-Kitab [People of The Book – primarily Jews and Christians] is enslaved, his marriage is [automatically] revoked…One may cut down their trees…One must destroy their useless books. Jihadists may take as booty whatever they decide…they may steal as much food as they need…

[T]he dhimmi is obliged not to mention Allah or His Apostle…Jews, Christians, and Majians must pay the jizya [poll tax on non-Muslims]…on offering up the jizya, the dhimmi must hang his head while the official takes hold of his beard and hits [thedhimmi] on the protruberant bone beneath his ear [i.e., the mandible]… They are not permitted to ostentatiously display their wine or church bells…their houses may not be higher than the Muslim’s, no matter how low that is. The dhimmi may not ride an elegant horse or mule; he may ride a donkey only if the saddle [-work] is of wood. He may not walk on the good part of the road. They [the dhimmis] have to wear [an identifying] patch [on their clothing], even women, and even in the [public] baths…[dhimmis] must hold their tongue….

Legal war (jihad) is an obligatory social duty (fard-kifaya); when one group of Moslems guarantees that it is being carried out in a satisfactory manner, the others are exempted.
The jihad becomes a strictly binding personal duty (fard-‘ain) for all Moslems who are enlisted or whose country has been [invaded] by the enemy. I

t is obligatory only for free men who have reached puberty, are endowed with reason and capable of fighting. Jihad is the best of the works of supererogation.

Abu Huraira relates that “The Prophet, when asked what was the best of all works, replied: Belief in God [and in His Prophet].– And then? someone asked him. – War for God’s cause, then a pious pilgrimage.” Abu Sa’id reports also that the Prophet, when asked who was the best of all men, replied, “He who fights for God’s cause, personally and with his goods.”… It is permitted to surprise the infidels under cover of night, to bombard them with mangonels [an engine that hurls missiles] and to attack them without declaring battle (du‘a’). The Prophet attacked the Banu Mustaliq unexpectedly, while their animals were still at the watering-place; he killed the men who had fought against him and carried off the children into captivity.

It is forbidden to kill children, madmen, women, priests, impotent old men, the infirm, the blind, the weak-minded, unless they have taken part in the combat.
The chief of State decides on the fate of the men who are taken as prisoners; he can have them put to death, reduce them to slavery, free them in return for a ransom or grant them their freedom as a gift. He must choose the solution most in keeping with the common good of the Moslems.

The jizya can be demanded only from the Peoples of the Book (Ahl-al-Kitab) and from Zoroastrians (Magus), who pledge to pay it and submit to the laws of the community. The Peoples of the Book are understood to mean the Jews and those who follow the religion of the Torah, as well as the Christians and those who follow the religion of the Gospel. When People of the Book or Zoroastrians ask to pay the jizya and to submit to the laws of the community, one must grant their request, and it is forbidden to fight them.

The jizya is collected at the beginning of each year. It is set at 48 dirhems for a rich man, at 24 dirhems for a man of moderate means, and at 12 dirhems for a man of lowly estate. It cannot be demanded from children who have not reached the age of puberty, from women, helpless old men, the sick, the blind, or slaves, nor from poor people who are unable to pay it. An infidel subject to the jizya who converts to Islam is free of this obligation. When an infidel dies, his heirs are responsible for the jizya

As recorder in Kitab al-Wagiz fi fiqh madhab al-imam al-Safi'i.
Hi, you have received -22 reputation points from Coloradomtnman.
Reputation was given for this post.

Comment:
Does hate-mongering make you feel good about yourself?
You neg me for offering a fuller view of the available facts on the topic and call me a hatemonger ?
I think you have it backwards Sir.:cuckoo:

There is at least one thread or post I read here each day that affirms my belief that USMB is full of idiots. Today, this thread served that function. :lol:

Thanks for trying, Skydancer.

You neg me for offering a fuller view of the available facts on the topic and call me a hatemonger ?
I think you have it backwards Sir.:cuckoo:

baby_crying.jpg

It is interesting that Kalam has chosen the jihad flag as his avatar. One wonders what war Kalam is trying to wage.

Of course I don't expect an honest answer as we are told by the Koran that Allah is the "great deceiver" and that it is okay for Muslims to lie (i.e. commit Al-Takeyya) to infidels in order to benefit Islam.

How ironic that Muslims use kalam (not the USMB character) to convert non-believers until they reach dominance in a society. Then they resort to using the real sword depicted in your avatar to ensure everyone knows who Allah is. ;)

There is at least one thread or post I read here each day that affirms my belief that USMB is full of idiots. Today, this thread served that function. :lol:

Some things bear repeating. It always makes me laugh when I see a kafir pretend he's an "Islamic scholar."

Like I said, I didn't expect an honest answer.

You never asked a question, dumbfuck. Why don't you go read some more internet articles about the "evils of Islam" and continue to feign expertise on the subject? :lol:

You never asked a question, dumbfuck. Why don't you go read some more internet articles about the "evils of Islam" and continue to feign expertise on the subject? :lol:

It was a rhetorical question in a sense because I don't expect you to answer with anything other than bashing and dodging as you have so eloquently exhibited in your last two posts.

It was a rhetorical question in a sense
Actually, it wasn't a question at all because there was no question.

because I don't expect you to answer with anything other than bashing and dodging as you have so eloquently exhibited in your last two posts.
Anybody who enters a discussion under the assumption that I'm lying to them and then proceeds to complain when I don't take their posts seriously will be rightfully labeled a dumbfuck. Don't like it? Then quit being a dumbfuck.

Oh, and Mr. Fitnah, do you need me to dispatch the waaahmbulance? Was neg repping me cathartic enough that you won't trouble us with your whining anymore? :eusa_boohoo:

Forum List

Back