A poll so Darrin won't be so bored

Dan

Aug 28, 2003
Aiken, SC
Stolen straight from another board, ba-bay!

1. Name a band you own at least four albums by. What is the worst of those albums and why?

2. What's the best opening track you can think of right now?

3. Someone I know has a theory that track 9 is always good on any album ever. If you have any albums to hand why not look at track 9 and see if he's right?

4. Do you listen to music while you're going to sleep? If so, what music is best?

5. Do you like films where everyone's dead by the end? Or do they just feel shit?

6. Do you ever watch a film for the first time and can't stop thinking that it's just a film and all the people in it are actors and what the hell are you doing with your life? You just paid over a fiver to watch some coloured lights, you mentalist! Or not?

7. If a film has Kirsten Dunst in it do you reckon it's more likely to be shit or less likely?

8. Same question replacing Kirsten Dunst with Johnny Depp?

9. Know any good webcomics or flash animation serieses?

10. If you could have any pet in the world what are we talking here? Monkeys, right? Yeah, you're not allowed monkeys.

1. Name a band you own at least four albums by. What is the worst of those albums and why?

First one that came to mind is Green Day (I'm reading about their new album). Their worst album, in my opinion, is Insomniac, because they try too hard to be hardcore punk when they never really were to begin with. I liked them once they embraced the whole pop/punk ideal. Blink 182, on the other hand, got better as they got more hardcore on this last album.

"Smells Like Teen Spirit". I know, how lazy is that?

3. Someone I know has a theory that track 9 is always good on any album ever. If you have any albums to hand why not look at track 9 and see if he's right?

The first album I thought of is the Eternal Sunshine soundtrack, and track 9, Beck's "Everybody's Gotta Learn Sometime" is probably the best one on the CD. Weird!

4. Do you listen to music while you're going to sleep? If so, what music is best?

I listen to music before I go to sleep, and it's usually very soothing chilled-out acoustic or electronic music (Dashboard Confessional, Morcheeba, etc.).

5. Do you like films where everyone's dead by the end? Or do they just feel shit?

I don't mind them. Some movies are supposed to make you feel... shit. Sometimes I'm just in the mood for that sort of thing.

6. Do you ever watch a film for the first time and can't stop thinking that it's just a film and all the people in it are actors and what the hell are you doing with your life? You just paid over a fiver to watch some coloured lights, you mentalist! Or not?

Yeah, if I don't like a movie, I begin to analyze it. I think that's the aspiring filmmaker in me, more than anything.

7. If a film has Kirsten Dunst in it do you reckon it's more likely to be shit or less likely?

Less likely, I love her, though I see that she's kinda bitchy in real-life.

Again, much less likely. Johnny Depp is awesome.

Most of the stuff at Camp Chaos is good. The 2 Princess episodes the South Park guys did was good, if a little disgusting.

10. If you could have any pet in the world what are we talking here? Monkeys, right? Yeah, you're not allowed monkeys.

Maybe a tame parrot? I dunno, they're kinda annoying whether they bite or not. I'll just say a jack russell terrier or a shetland sheepdog.

Dan said:
;)

I haven't four albums by any one band

Thunderhill Raceway Park - but 'opening'? It's been open all year.

Because I haven't any at hand :(

4. Do you listen to music while you're going to sleep?

No

No. Too morbid. Unless the movie was "My life as a Terrorist"

No. I get 'into' movies...lots

more likely

Less likely

no :(

Elizabeth Hurley

Bob Marley. I own them all. Confrontation, Bob's posthumous album, is the worst. Whoever mixed it made it sound half reggae, half disco.

Eruption, Van Halen

OK, I will. Off the top of my head, though, there are a couple of albums I have where track 9 is mediocre, but not bad.

Not any more - wife hates it.

Do the films feel shit? I don't know - do they have hands?

The only film I've ever thought anything similar to is Punch Drunk Love.

Less

More

No

A mini-rhinoceros.

gop_jeff said:
The only film I've ever thought anything similar to is Punch Drunk Love.

Jeff, this is just unforgivable.

A mini-rhinoceros.

OK, you're forgiven.

Sorry Dan... didn't know you were a Punch Drunk Love fan! It was kind of a weird movie. I guess I didn't like it so much because I was expecting the funny Adam Samdler, not the semi-mentally retarded Adam Sandler, so the expectation of humor was unmet.

Yeah, you should've known if it's a weird movie, I'm probably into it. But, it's cool, I can definitely see how a lot of people would hate that movie. I didn't think of Adam Sandler as semi-retarded in it, though, if anything, I would say this was his most grounded, realistic character to date.

Forum List

Back