A Poll of 2016 Polling, F- for FOX and Major Media

That's not how the math works.
Sampling is not based on a percentage for a large population. It's based on an absolute amount that is larger so that the expected variation around a mean declines. This can only happen with a sizeable sampling.
So you are saying that a 1000 sample poll in Rhode Island is no more valid than a same size sample for the whole worlds population? Seriously?

That is nonsense. You need to have a demographically matched sample to the population you are polling, and to do that you have to have a significant sample from each demographic.

Do you think these national polls were not cross indexed with demographic stats?

No, most of them were not, and THAT is why they are so inaccurate. The USA is not 48% Democrat vrs 37% Republican, so their results are way off.

Polling in this country is worse than it was during the Truman re-election that he 'lost'.

FoxNews poll showing 51% back removing Trump is wrong. Survey sample includes 48% Dems and 40% Republicans and precedes impeachment question with lots of questions about Trump's integrity

I was looking at the details of who did this 'poll', and found 'Beacon Research (D) (formerly known as Anderson Robbins Research) and Shaw & Company Research (R).'

Does anyone know a thing about these companies?

I got nothing on 'Beacon Research'.

Edit I found this in comments under the FOX main article. I dont know how accurate it is.
Beacon Research (the organization that carried out this alleged poll is not even has appeared in the Better Business Bureau for 9 years and has not been accredited even once. The original firm that Beacon Research morphed from was previously run by a personal injury lawyer (doesn't sound conservative to me), and is now run by one man who was a pollster for a Democrat, and the other one is an accountant I know nothing about.​

Got this on 'Anderson Robbins Research'.

Anderson Robbins Research, LLC in Boston, MA | Company Info & Reviews

Got nothing on Shaw & Company Research either.

These polls are mostly online or telephone polls, both notoriously skewed tot he left by nature of being overheard/searched and not private.

FOX is doing the dirty work for the Dims and the neoCon NeverTrumpsters.

too bad, Fox news degenerating into another CNN

DXD22Tb.jpg

That's not how the math works.
Sampling is not based on a percentage for a large population. It's based on an absolute amount that is larger so that the expected variation around a mean declines. This can only happen with a sizeable sampling.
So you are saying that a 1000 sample poll in Rhode Island is no more valid than a same size sample for the whole worlds population? Seriously?

That is nonsense. You need to have a demographically matched sample to the population you are polling, and to do that you have to have a significant sample from each demographic.

Do you think these national polls were not cross indexed with demographic stats?

No, most of them were not, and THAT is why they are so inaccurate. The USA is not 48% Democrat vrs 37% Republican, so their results are way off.

That's not what I'm saying.

What I'm saying is that a sample of 1,000 that approximates a population is usually a fairly accurate sample of a broad population. That's the math. That you don't understand it isn't on me.

And even though you can NOT provide any empirical evidence that polling is inaccurate in this country other than referencing singular anecdotes, you and so many others who are biased and do not understand the math continue to rail against what you don't understand, or refuse to understand.

What I'm saying is that a sample of 1,000 that approximates a population is usually a fairly accurate sample of a broad population. That's the math. That you don't understand it isn't on me.

So you really do think that a 1000 sample out of Rhode Island is no more valid than the same 1000 out of the Global population.

Hell, I guess you think a 1000 sample out of a population of 1000 people is not any more accurate than a 1000 out of 7 BILLION?

Is that right?

OK, have fun with that. But you will never recognize bullshit polling if you cannot grasp why proportion to the general population being sampled matters.

And even though you can NOT provide any empirical evidence that polling is inaccurate in this country other than referencing singular anecdotes, you and so many others who are biased and do not understand the math continue to rail against what you don't understand, or refuse to understand.
Lol, I just gave you the evidence.

Understand it or dont, but it isnt my problem, dude.

Forum List

Back