a POLL because this side of the board is slow tonight...

Originally posted by dmp
He might have...I neglected to ask Him. Sometimes Christ used his anger to illustrate or reinforce His point. I'm not Christ...but by talking w/ the likes of you, I can understand how he must have felt when he saw his Temple being made a mockery of, by the merchants, etc...

I'm not making a mockery of Jesus. I am taking your prejudice and arguments to their reductio ad absurdum. Logic is a good tool - and I am using it.

But I do ponder if Jesus would show the same hatred towards consenting adult homosexuals as do you. I doubt it. He died for all people - not just the ones who agree with you.

Originally posted by wonderwench
I'm not making a mockery of Jesus. I am taking your prejudice and arguments to their reductio ad absurdum. Logic is a good tool - and I am using it.

But I do ponder if Jesus would show the same hatred towards consenting adult homosexuals as do you. I doubt it. He died for all people - not just the ones who agree with you.

What you are making a mockery of are the things, ideas of God. And this country.

Look child...gosh..how many times can I tell you I don't hate homosexuals. I hate their behaviour. I deployed on operation assignments, fighting side-by-side with a good friend of mine, whom I knew to be gay. I'd die for him. I'd serve with him with honour.

Christ died so people can REPENT of their sins (Homosexuality being just the one we are talking about now), and turn for their behaviour.

My friend, whom I'd die for? He was a Christian. He couldn't control his homosexual urges, so he stopped claiming 'christ' to not present a compromising view. He knew the good...he was just struggling too much w/ his 'affliction'.

Logic? Honey...honestly...call it that if it helps you sleep. Your ramblings on here are perhaps the most illogical words I've read in years.

Constructive Criticism.

1. Last CD you bought (or got through other means).

The soundtrack to Pirates of the Caribbean

2. Best song on that CD.

The entire thing!

2. Quote your favorite lyric from that CD (doesn't have to be the same song as #2).

There are none, it’s a musical.

3. Quote your favorite lyric from any song at all.

Let martial note in triumph float
And liberty extend its mighty hand
A flag appears 'mid thunderous cheers,
The banner of the Western land.
The emblem of the brave and true
Its folds protect no tyrant crew;
The red and white and starry blue
Is freedom's shield and hope.
Other nations may deem their flags the best
And cheer them with fervid elation
But the flag of the North and South and West
Is the flag of flags, the flag of Freedom's nation.

Tied with…

We fired our cannon til the barrel melted down.
So we grabbed an alligator and we fought another round.
We filled his head with cannon balls and powdered his behind
and when we touched the powder off, the gator lost his mind.

We fired our guns and the British kept a'comin.
There wasn't nigh as many as there was a while ago.
We fired once more and they began to runnin'
on down the Mississippi to the Gulf of Mexico.

Yeah, they ran through the briars and they ran through the brambles
and they ran through the bushes where a rabbit couldn't go.
they ran so fast that the hounds couldn't catch 'em
on down the Mississippi to the Gulf of Mexico.

4. Last movie you saw.

Pirates of the Caribbean

6. Like it?

Yeeesss

7. Where did you last eat out?

Soba Nippon on 52nd Street/Fifth Avenue

8. What did you have? Any good?

Soba salad- excellent!

9. Are you a fan of art?

Yes.

10. If so, name one artist you like a lot, and one artist who you never "got".

Manet; Warhal, Pollack

11. Do you collect anything?

Crystal animal figurines

12. If so, how big is your collection (IE, how many of those things you collect do you have)?

About a dozen

13. Are you wearing green today? (it should be Wednesday by the time you guys read this)

no…I’m not irish

14. What do you like on a Subway sandwich (or wherever you get a sub)?

Italian, olives, salt, pepper, spices and O&V

15. When was the last time you were entirely happy and at-ease without the help of medication and/or drugs?

Every time my son says I love you mommy

16. Do you play video games?

no

17. If so, what's your favorite game at the moment?

18. Of all time?

19. If you could hang out at a bar all night with three celebrities, dead or alive, who would they be?

I would talk to Ronald Reagan, Frank Sinatra would serenade me and I’d get a makeover by Kevin Aucoin.

20. Are humans inherently deviant creatures who are taught to conform, or conformist creatures who are conditioned to deviancy? (sorry, my Sociology class was interesting today)
they are both and neither.

Originally posted by dmp
What you are making a mockery of are the things, ideas of God. And this country.

Look child...gosh..how many times can I tell you I don't hate homosexuals. I hate their behaviour. I deployed on operation assignments, fighting side-by-side with a good friend of mine, whom I knew to be gay. I'd die for him. I'd serve with him with honour.

Christ died so people can REPENT of their sins (Homosexuality being just the one we are talking about now), and turn for their behaviour.

My friend, whom I'd die for? He was a Christian. He couldn't control his homosexual urges, so he stopped claiming 'christ' to not present a compromising view. He knew the good...he was just struggling too much w/ his 'affliction'.

Logic? Honey...honestly...call it that if it helps you sleep. Your ramblings on here are perhaps the most illogical words I've read in years.

Constructive Criticism.

And your sanctimony and twisting of Christ's lessons to support hatred and bigotry is one of the more hypocritcal things I've observed in quite awhile.

And your sanctimony and twisting of Christ's lessons to support hatred and bigotry is one of the more hypocritcal things I've observed in quite awhile.

Give me ONE lesson from Christ which you aren't copying/pasting?

It's very Biblical to HATE evil. Telling people Homosexuality is ANYTHING but 'sin' is evil. Just like telling people Murder is okay - Incest is okay - if parties are consenting...

Sin is Sin, sistah.

Originally posted by dmp
Give me ONE lesson from Christ which you aren't copying/pasting?

What on earth is that supposed to mean? You have mixed dogma with the teachings of Christ. You can't tell the difference between God's word and the manipulation of religious leaders to have power over their followers.

Give me One lesson from Christ which shows that he condemned homosexuality.

What on earth is that supposed to mean? You have mixed dogma with the teachings of Christ. You can't tell the difference between God's word and the manipulation of religious leaders to have power over their followers.

It means "Recite to me one 'lesson from Christ' which you can relate without copying/pasting passages from the bible."

Give me One lesson from Christ which shows that he condemned homosexuality.

Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexuals 10nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

22 " 'Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable.

There are TWO :)

Originally posted by dmp
It means "Recite to me one 'lesson from Christ' which you can relate without copying/pasting passages from the bible."

There are TWO :)

You didn't cite the passages.

You didn't cite the passages.

Look them up for yourself, if you seek the truth, dear.

Me spoon-feeding truth to somebody who doesn't WANT it is useless.

Originally posted by dmp
Look them up for yourself, if you seek the truth, dear.

Me spoon-feeding truth to somebody who doesn't WANT it is useless.

Unwilling to cite sources = unable to cite sources.

No credibility.

Unwilling to cite sources = unable to cite sources.

No credibility.
(sigh)

As I said...I am beginning to think the level of your intelligence is approximate, in IQ score, to your age.

Get off your lazy ass and look for the truth YOURSELF. You won't find it online...you'll find absolute truth in the Bible. Read it - understand it contextually.

Can't handle presenting evidence = Can't handle the debate.

I've read the Bible. The message I've received from it is different that the intolerance and hatred you derived. I use the rational faculty God gave me to separate truth from manmade dogma.

Now, about your IQ......

wow - thread gone bad!!! it's heating up in here!

No kidding! Damn political people highjacked my poll!!!!:D At least Moi was trying to keep it on-topic.

Oh, well, when in Rome....

Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexuals 10nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

Sooo, every person in heaven has never said a bad thing about anybody, never gotten drunk, and never had sex for fun? Sounds like a fun place. So, basically, it's Jesus and Mother Teresa hanging out up there?

Point is, I understand people wanting to take the Bible as the be-all, end-all word of God and account of his teachings because it is the only real source there is. But, folks need to realize that the Bible was passed on for many many generations orally before it was even written down. Try telling a friend a joke, then that friend tells it to another friend, then that person tells you again, it will more than likely not be exactly the same as when you told it. In addition, it has been written and translated many, many times, and most of these translators and writers were working for the rulers of societies, isn't it possible that they maybe snuck some things in that the rulers wanted, perhaps in order to keep the people in order through fear of God's wrath? I could be wrong, but it is a possibility.

Sorry, it just irks me when people throw these Bible passages around all the time (I heard one Christian tell me the above was his favorite Bible passage:rolleyes: ). It just seems to me that maybe Christians should try spreading the good things about God that are in the Bible (isn't that what Christ said was the purpose of Christianity?) rather than spreading these negative ones. Jesus' preachings certainly didn't include a nice, pat list of all the people that weren't going to heaven, he said that anyone could get in.

Originally posted by Dan
No kidding! Damn political people highjacked my poll!!!!:D At least Moi was trying to keep it on-topic.

Oh, well, when in Rome....

Sooo, every person in heaven has never said a bad thing about anybody, never gotten drunk, and never had sex for fun? Sounds like a fun place. So, basically, it's Jesus and Mother Teresa hanging out up there?

Point is, I understand people wanting to take the Bible as the be-all, end-all word of God and account of his teachings because it is the only real source there is. But, folks need to realize that the Bible was passed on for many many generations orally before it was even written down. Try telling a friend a joke, then that friend tells it to another friend, then that person tells you again, it will more than likely not be exactly the same as when you told it. In addition, it has been written and translated many, many times, and most of these translators and writers were working for the rulers of societies, isn't it possible that they maybe snuck some things in that the rulers wanted, perhaps in order to keep the people in order through fear of God's wrath? I could be wrong, but it is a possibility.

Sorry, it just irks me when people throw these Bible passages around all the time (I heard one Christian tell me the above was his favorite Bible passage:rolleyes: ). It just seems to me that maybe Christians should try spreading the good things about God that are in the Bible (isn't that what Christ said was the purpose of Christianity?) rather than spreading these negative ones. Jesus' preachings certainly didn't include a nice, pat list of all the people that weren't going to heaven, he said that anyone could get in.

Repentance...that's what covers sin. Be that sin homosexuality, or other sexual sins, murder, lying, whatever. All mannor of sin will be forgiven, except Blasphamy of the Holy Spirit. According to God.

Nobody can be in a repentive state, yet continue to practice their sin.

Yeah, I see what you're saying.

I think I should probably bow out of this debate now, just because my agnostic point of view tends to negate the majority of what I have to say about God and the Bible. Peace!

Originally posted by Dan
Yeah, I see what you're saying.

I think I should probably bow out of this debate now, just because my agnostic point of view tends to negate the majority of what I have to say about God and the Bible. Peace!

Sorry about jackin up your thread, y0... :(

Sorry about jackin up your thread, y0...

I don't care, man, don't worry about it! The only reason I say I should drop out is because it's a little arbitrary for someone that doubts the existence of God to debate the teachings of God, ya dig?

It's no big thing, though, I'm just glad to see I got some discussion going, I hate coming to this half of the board and seeing no new messages!:)

Dan... ima borrow Said1's sniper kitty next time this happens and send him down for some sun and fun!!! :firing: :2guns:

Forum List

Back