a POLL because this side of the board is slow tonight...

Dan

Aug 28, 2003
Aiken, SC
1. Last CD you bought (or got through other means).

2. Best song on that CD.

3. Quote your favorite lyric from that CD (doesn't have to be the same song as #2).

4. Quote your favorite lyric from any song at all.

5. Last movie you saw.

6. Like it?

7. Where did you last eat out?

8. What did you have? Any good?

9. Are you a fan of art?

10. If so, name one artist you like a lot, and one artist who you never "got".

11. Do you collect anything?

12. If so, how big is your collection (IE, how many of those things you collect do you have)?

13. Are you wearing green today? (it should be Wednesday by the time you guys read this)

14. What do you like on a Subway sandwich (or wherever you get a sub)?

15. When was the last time you were entirely happy and at-ease without the help of medication and/or drugs?

16. Do you play video games?

17. If so, what's your favorite game at the moment?

18. Of all time?

19. If you could hang out at a bar all night with three celebrities, dead or alive, who would they be?

20. Are humans inherently deviant creatures who are taught to conform, or conformist creatures who are conditioned to deviancy? (sorry, my Sociology class was interesting today)

Enjoy!

Liz Phair's self-titled CD

2. Best song on that CD.

Hmmmm. THey're all really good, but probably "Red Light Fever" or "Love/Hate"

3. Quote your favorite lyric from that CD (doesn't have to be the same song as #2).

From "Red Light Fever"-

Scared the lights will turn green
You'll have to be seen
You'll be like anybody else

Scared the lights will turn red
You're stuck in your head
Too scared to commit to even her
How're you gonna get through the year?

Hmm...

I really like and identify with pretty much the entire song "Thunder Road" by Bruce Springsteen. Sorry, I know I mention that one in like every music poll.

5. Last movie you saw.

Resident Evil

6. Like it?

Yeah, it's dumb and flashy, but lots of fun.

Well, technically I had Taco Bell today, but I wouldn't call that 'eating out'. We went to Teresa's (mexican restaurant) on Sunday.

A #50 (cheese and strips of steak between 2 tortillas) and a 32 oz. Bud Light. It was good, but I shouldn't have had it, because it was a little pricey and I wasn't even really that hungry to begin with.

9. Are you a fan of art?

To a certain extent, yeah.

I always liked Andy Warhol's stuff. I hate to say this, but I never got Jackson Pollack. His stuff looks like a big mess to me.

DVD's, I guess.

12. If so, how big is your collection (IE, how many of those things you collect do you have)?

about 90-100 DVDs

13. Are you wearing green today? (it should be Wednesday by the time you guys read this)

It's not tomorrow yet, but I probably won't.

mayo, lettuce, onions, black olives (this is new, never liked them before), oil & vinegar, salt and pepper, and oregano.

15. When was the last time you were entirely happy and at-ease without the help of drugs or alkyhol?

Probably Friday afternoon. Most of last week, actually.

Yep.

I've been playing a lot of Def Jam Vendetta lately, because i just got it.

18. Of all time?

Hmmmm... I liked Mario 3, as well as Mario 64. And Mario Kart is fun. I'd have to say Goldeneye, though.

19. If you could hang out at a bar all night with three celebrities, dead or alive, who would they be?

Kevin Smith
Charlie Kaufman
Jim Carrey

20. Are humans inherently deviant creatures who are taught to conform, or conformist creatures who are conditioned to deviancy? (sorry, my Sociology class was interesting today)

I think we're inherently deviant in that we are concerned only about ourselves and have to be taught to care for others.

Staind - 14 shades of grey

2. Best song on that CD.

price to play

Apathy, the chosen way to be. Blindly look the other way as you waste away with me.

Fish milla NO, we will not let you go.

5. Last movie you saw.

Bad Boys II

6. Like it?

yes

Olive Garden

sausage and peppers, I've had better

9. Are you a fan of art?

Yes

I like Larry Elmore, never got Brom

computer parts

bigger than my wife likes

Probably not

onions

15. When was the last time you were entirely happy and at-ease without the help of medication and/or drugs?

is that possible? LOL

Yes

I'm not allowed to have a favorite :mad:

18. Of all time?

see answer 17

BB King, John Candy, and Albert Einstein

we are taught to conform so that anything out of that conformity is considered deviant. who knows what we could aspire to if left to pursue non-conformity

Twilight at Macchu Picchua

2. Best song on that CD.
cant answer that - the CD is one long song....all the way through.

its all instrumental, so again, cant answer it. sorry.

<note: Im not really a country fan, but this is just so classic, and it makes me laugh as well as being a very valid quetsion for soooo many things>
"Tell me darlin', did I shave my legs for THIS???"

5. Last movie you saw.
Freaky Friday with my daughter

6. Like it?
much to my chagrin, I really did like it LOL

olive garden

I had portabella ravioli and it rocked.
*DK, you ought to know better than to eat sausage and peppers made by anyone other than me, because not only am I Italian, I rock-nuff said*

9. Are you a fan of art?
Yes

The one that I like the most would have to be Lazaris/Gilbert Williams. His work is incredible and fascinating as well as beautiful and thought provoking.
The one artist I have never 'gotten'?
Any of that weird shit that my husband so dearly loves.

yes - many things. mostly butterflies and crystals

egads, I couldnt count them if I wanted to. they're everywhere.

its weds and Im not wearing green - craps to me

first may I say to DK.....ONIONS?? <gag> bleh
I guess whatever is on the red wine vinegarette club - it doesnt suck at least.

ummmm right now - pretty much all the time.

HELL no.

since I dont play, I obviously dont have one - I can tell you the one I hate the most though....Everquest aka Evercrack

18. Of all time?
When I was a kid - tempest

Pythagorus (hell, look at what my PhD is in) lol
Einstein for the same reason
Shirley Maclaine - DK & I spent some time with her a year ago and not only is she beyond interesting, she has traveled extensively and has great stories (of which Id like to hear more!), but she is also just too damn funny.

I believe that society teaches human beings to conform from the moment that they are out of the womb. As far as deviancy/deviant behavior - its a free will choice...plain and simple....I dont feel that its inherent as much as it is a lack of morals. (God, dont get me started on morals) lol

Neat idea to do a little survey thing :)

1. Last CD you bought (or got through other means). - Skin 'n Bones

2. Best song on that CD. - Cover me with roses

3. Quote your favorite lyric from that CD (doesn't have to be the same song as #2). - "Felt like my soul had gone to another world"

4. Quote your favorite lyric from any song at all. - "She fuckin hates me"

5. Last movie you saw. - SWAT

6. Like it? - Yes

7. Where did you last eat out? - Some French restaurant

8. What did you have? Any good? - Tried escargo for the first time, wasn't bad!

9. Are you a fan of art? - Nude art

10. If so, name one artist you like a lot, and one artist who you never "got". - Larry Flynt

11. Do you collect anything? - Steelers stuff

12. If so, how big is your collection (IE, how many of those things you collect do you have)? - Couple grand worth

13. Are you wearing green today? (it should be Wednesday by the time you guys read this) - Nope

14. What do you like on a Subway sandwich (or wherever you get a sub)? - Provolone

15. When was the last time you were entirely happy and at-ease without the help of medication and/or drugs? - Kindergarten

16. Do you play video games? - Sometimes

17. If so, what's your favorite game at the moment? - Online checkers

18. Of all time? - Grand Theft Auto

19. If you could hang out at a bar all night with three celebrities, dead or alive, who would they be? - Chris Farley, Chris Rock & Pauly Shore

20. Are humans inherently deviant creatures who are taught to conform, or conformist creatures who are conditioned to deviancy? - Too deep for this early in the morn!

Originally posted by Dan
Some group of songs - no particular artists or type of music

2. Best song on that CD.
JC - Burning ring of fire - dont know if thats the name - cd
is not here now

I saw you in a burning ring of fire (not from cd)

Something from Elvis that slipped my mind now

5. Last movie you saw.
The Passion of the Christ

6. Like it?
Yes

Chinese place

Something Poo Poo I am sure - Yes.

9. Are you a fan of art?
Some

Oh I would have to rob a musesum for what I like
Yes

100 or more

no. But I am part Irish - you know Irish don't wear green.

14. What do you like on a Subway sandwich (or wherever you get a sub)? Eggplant.

15. When was the last time you were entirely happy and at-ease without the help of medication and/or drugs? last night. - I have had a flu - seriously

no.

18. Of all time?

Elvis , John Lennon and Bobby Darrin

Taught to conform.
Deviant? - I think yes - just look around at the work place.

Enjoy!

Casting Crowns

2. Best song on that CD.
Who am I

Who am I that the God of all the world, would care to know my name?

C-130 rolling down the strip,
Airborne Daddy's gonna take a little trip.
Stand-up, hook-up, shuffle to the door,
Jump right out and count to four

5. Last movie you saw.
The Passion of the Christ

6. Like it?
I am not sure anyone could 'like' it...it changed me, in many ways.

My bedroom?

uh? Self explanitory? was great

9. Are you a fan of art?
I don't know Art

Ahh...
I get 'Degas'
I don't get Worhol

Enormous layers of blubber

Three - about 8 lbs each...on my stomach

Yes

Extra meat...no bread...all the trimmings

See #7 above

yes

I've been playing NFL Fever 2004 on the XBox quite a bit

18. Of all time?
Donkey Kong

Dead celebrities would be smelly...so I'll only pick 'alive'.

Mel Gibson
Dave Chappelle
Elizabeth Hurley

We are evil by nature.

Originally posted by dmp
My bedroom?

uh? Self explanitory? was great

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(covering ears)

AA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dub Revolutionaries - Sly and Robbie meet the Mad Professor. (dub reggae, for you non-Rastafarian types)

2. Best song on that CD.
Track #2.

There are no lyrics on the CD.

Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery/ None but ourselves can free our minds. -- Bob Marley, "Redemption Song"

5. Last movie you saw.
Saw Speed on TV last night.

6. Like it?
One of Keanu's better movies. Probably Sandra Bullock's best.

The Ram - favorite hangout.

Fajitas - and for a non-Mexican place, yes it was good.

9. Are you a fan of art?
Some types. Mostly military art and classical/Renaissance art.

I couldn't tell you the names of any particulars.

Bob Marley stuff.

36 CDs, 5 t-shirts, one framed picture, three DVDs, three books, plus I've lost about five posters.

Hell yeah! I am more Irish-American than anything else.

Blimpie's Best (four meats) w/ lettuce, tomato, pickles, mayo, mustard, creamy caesar dressing, oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, and sometimes jalapenos.

I'm like that most of the time.

Not as much as I would if I was retired.

Madden 2004.

18. Of all time?
Madden 2004.

Jesus (good wine), Bob Marley, and Ronald Reagan.

Humans are primarily deviant (i.e. tend towards evil) and are taught to conform to moral/ethical norms of good.

SIR EVIL:

5. Last movie you saw. Powder

Isnt that a great movie? I love it. I know its just a movie, but whenever I watch it, it reminds me of the limitless potentiality within each human being.

TO DMP:

Im just curious....How did The Passion of the Christ change your life? I double minored in Theology and Theosophy, so answers such as this really interest me. :)

TO JIMNYC:

Were you serious or kidding when you said the last time you'd been truly happy w/o medication/drugs was kindergarten?
None of my business, I know....and feel free to tell me to screw off lol (as if you need MY permission to do so LOL)

~Lanyce

Originally posted by KLSuddeth
TO DMP:

Im just curious....How did The Passion of the Christ change your life? I double minored in Theology and Theosophy, so answers such as this really interest me. :)

I haven't posted much about the things I've been going thru since the movie, mostly because there aren't good places to speak of things of God, in a secular forum. I can send you a link to a Christian forum I participate in, however, if you'd like to read about it - on the condition that you respect the forum, etc...I say that not knowing you; not to be insulting.

- d

Originally posted by KLSuddeth
TO JIMNYC:

Were you serious or kidding when you said the last time you'd been truly happy w/o medication/drugs was kindergarten?
None of my business, I know....and feel free to tell me to screw off lol (as if you need MY permission to do so LOL)

~Lanyce

Nah, I was just kidding. The 2 biggest events in my life were getting married and the day my son was born. Although I am a rather angry person at times :D , seeing my son makes me truly happy every day. I'm also truly happy to have a great family, even though the rest of my family is a bit nuts.

Of course, a little medication now and again won't make me any sadder! :p:

Sir Evil:

You and me both! :)

Its funny, in my internet chatroom, we were just discussing that movie a couple of evenings ago and someone made the same comment that you did. lol. Synchronicity - gotta love it

DMP:

Id love to check it out.

Im really a nice person (yes I AM, DK-LOL). I just play a bitch once in a while to stay balanced and have fun.

Im a deeply spiritual person and I enjoy reading other's experiences. I will most definately be respectful.

Thanks!

Jim:

Glad to hear it!

I know what you mean about marriage and the day your child was born.

The day(s) my children were born were the most incredible day(s) of my life and I'll always remember every detail. I have 2 wonderful kids even though they are doing the teenage thing right now and they forget to be wonderful at times LOL

The day that I married DK was just incredible all the way around, as well as changed/improved my life and my kids' life.

Ok, thats as mushy as I get ha ha.

:)

. Last CD you bought (or got through other means).
A Godsmack CD - just last night

2. Best song on that CD.
I haven't even listen to the whole thing yet, not sure.

Still to be determined.

4. Quote your favorite lick from any song at all.
Eruption - the whole thing.

5. Last movie you saw.
Hidaglo

6. Like it?
Yes, the horse should have been more envolved as a character though.

Good Wood BBQ

Mopped Delmonico Steak, it sucked.

9. Are you a fan of art?
Somewhate.

I have big collection of dog toys.

Many.

No

Salami, pepperoni, red onions, lettuce,mayo, mustard, oil, vinegar, spices, provolone.

Playing with my dog last night.

no.

18. Of all time?

John Wayne
Clint Eastwood
Mel Gibson

Not inherently deviant.

Sorry guys I don't mean to be a wet blanket, but I have a hard time saying anything good about a movie directed by Victor Salva (Powder). The guy is a convicted child molester. The story of the movie although maybe good, it is just to bad someone else did not make it.

Mtn - I didnt know that.

I still like the movie - the story is incredible as well as well written.

HOWEVER, I feel that ALL child molesters should be sentenced to a life full of agony with no reprieve. And after that, they should be made to suffer. After that, send them to ME so that I could perform castration with a dull spoon as they watched in pain and horror.

Forum List

Back