A Police officer talks about the Guerena raid

Discussion in 'Law and Justice System' started by Quantum Windbag, May 28, 2011.

1. Quantum Windbag

Quantum Windbag Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,221
    We need to end the "War on Drugs" before it kills us all.

Cop in the Hood: Call me old-fashioned...

What Does the SWAT Marine Data Dump Prove? - Hit & Run : Reason Magazine

2. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    cmon now----what the hell are the small time dealers gonna do for a living?

3. MikeK

MikeK Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,703
    While it might not kill us all it certainly is turning America into a police state one incremental step at a time.

The unnecessary SWAT raid that should have put an end to unnecessary SWAT raids turned out to be called the Waco Massacre, which is exactly what it was. There was absolutely no need to do what the BATF did there. All they had to do was pick Koresh up on the road, which they could have done any morning. But they chose to dress up like commandos and engage in an operation called "Showtime." But it lasted 59 days and in the end 21 innocent children died hideous deaths -- along with a lot of adults who had harmed no one.

How necessary was the Guerena SWAT raid? Could the police not have waited until Guerena left the house and arrest him right on the street?

Anyone who doesn't realize just how commonplace and how serious this SWAT raid activity is becoming should go here: Botched Paramilitary Police Raids

4. TheBrain

TheBrain BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +237
    We don't need to end shit, and that isn't what this guy was saying either. He was saying the same thing I say. Too many poorly trained LEOs serving high risk warrants.

ESPECIALLY in the case of no knocks.

5. Quantum Windbag

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,221
    That is not what he said.

He said that these people are idiots, and that the raid was unnecessary. Even if everything the Pima County Sheriff is saying about this guy is true it was not necessary to break into his house and kill him. We need to end the militarization of the police which is justified solely because we are trying to end a problem that did not exist before we made it one.

Not to mention that the cops are obviously lying about everything.

6. TheBrain

TheBrain BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +237

I completely discount this based on the fact that you are ALWAYS claiming that LEOs are ALWAYS lying.

7. Quantum Windbag

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,221
    Look at the evidence here and form your own opinion, there are links to everything.

The police claim the officers were separated right after the shooting and had no chance to consult about the events that occurred during the raid, yet the audio released by the sheriff clearly indicates them talking about the events in the house and how he "lunged out" at them when they breached the door.

The police reports say they arrived with sirens blaring for at least 4 or 5 minutes, yet the audio clearly shows that the sirens were on for less than 30 seconds.

The lawyer for the police claims this guy was arrested before and flipped on his suppliers, which would have made him a CI, so why did they literally go in with guns blazing?

Cops do not always lie, but I will trust tape over cops every single day of the week.

8. FA_Q2

FA_Q2 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,273
    So you support the asinine task of hunting down people doing nothing other than getting high and putting them in prison for a crime that has no victims? Why?

Name ONE good thing that comes from the vaunted war on drugs. Want to know what it would be like if drugs were legal? Look at alcohol. It PROVED beyond a shadow of a doubt that legal control beats illegal confiscation any day of the week.

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."
    George Santayana

9. JBeukema

JBeukema BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,705
    video here

I, for one, can't here them announce themselves when they break in. They did blare a siren outside for a few seconds, but hearing a siren outside is not unusual.

Can you them announce that they were police when they went in?

Also, where the fuck is that music coming from?

10. JBeukema

JBeukema BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,705
    wicked shit...
    Wow, a military vet with body armour...

lots of ppl have vests; last I heard, it was perfectly legal

Since they had no cameras on their helmets or anything...

Sound to me like they decided 'let him die'
    So they can't even search a house for hiding persons? How fucking incompetent are these people?
    And?

I can't hear them announce who they are in the video they released

Unidentified men kick in my door? Better believe I'm going for my weapon- better hope I don't get to it before you see me