but that will never happen, with Bush taking Fox's every order!,
Bush is giving worker amnesty to llegals, he's sold America out!,
selling out his own country, for the prospect of votes, is what he's all about,
I've nothing personal against hispanics, it's not a racial deal,
but America is for Americans, that's the way I feel,
Borders, Language, Culture to keep America strong,
the mexicans....they don't belong!!
you have your own damn home, so stay there!, and I'll stay here in mine,
and as long as we do just that, everything should work out jusssttt fine......

Originally posted by Captain_Steel
"America is for Americans"

by Captain Steel (penname)

I don't need no more "guests", fucking up my nation,
they're ruining my country, with their immigration,
they refuse to speak the language, they refuse to integrate,
they have no respect for us at all, with us they won't relate,
instead of waiving red, white, and blue, they waive red, white, and green,
fifteen people, crammed in one house, it's just fucking obscene,
they're taking all our jobs, and they drive the wages down,
they invade our neighborhoods, leaving shopping carts all around,
they're getting MediCal, they're getting section 8,
welfare, food stamps, and unemployment, they're always willing to take,
they work under the table, they contribute not a buck,
and people wonder why, our economy's so fucked!,
every year they're sending billions, from here to Mexico,
it's just like dropping all that cash, into a big black hole,
they put out their own newspapers, radio, and TV,
"Pura Raza" radio, sounds pretty racist to me!,
MECHA, MALDEF, and LA RAZA, their racist organizations,
yet they claim we're the racists, if we try any retaliation,
of these facts, the mainstream media, refuses to report,
and the INS, has had it's hands tied, the illegals they can't deport,
if things don't change real soon, America is doomed,
our future is a turd-world nation, our citizens filled with gloom,
we need our troops to patrol the line, and the seal the Mexican border,
but that will never happen, with Bush taking Fox's every order!,
Bush is giving worker amnesty to llegals, he's sold America out!,
selling out his own country, for the prospect of votes, is what he's all about,
I've nothing personal against hispanics, it's not a racial deal,
but America is for Americans, that's the way I feel,
Borders, Language, Culture to keep America strong,
the mexicans....they don't belong!!
you have your own damn home, so stay there!, and I'll stay here in mine,
and as long as we do just that, everything should work out jusssttt fine......

You have nothing wrong with hispanics, as long as they stay the hell out of the US. Good point.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by nycflasher
You have nothing wrong with hispanics, as long as they stay the hell out of the US. Good point.:rolleyes:

It's like this: If ALL the MEXICANs were to just stay in Mexico I would honestly wish them the best fuckin life they could possibly live. It's not like I would want to travel down there and harass or assualt them in any way. I would wish them the best. AS LONG as they stay there.

Anyways, are we critiquing the poem or the subject of the poem itself? This IS writing skills forum, not political...:cool:

Originally posted by leojoeyjoe
that's what they said about the Irish immigrants...and the asian immigrants...and the italian immigrants....you know....ALL THE PEOPLE WHO BUILT THIS COUNTRY!!!!!!!!

Exactly. The only minorities I've ever felt a bit of 'qualms' about were the Native Americans, they got screwed and the Blacks, they got really screwed. Now, it's done with, no going back, time to move on.

all of em got screwed at one time or another...the asians building the railroads...the irish weren't able to vote, despite their numbers, for a long time....the jews...well I think we all know about their problems....but right now the mexicans make up a HUGE and important sector of our economy....jobs that we won't do and they do well and deserve credit for....and their work is putting a lot of tax money into the fund....and they are super great people if you will climb down from your racist hierarchy and engage them in conversation...
the language is a problem....I used to work at the adult literacy center in Greenwood teaching mexican adults english....they want to learn it but they work so much they don't always have time...and a lot of the kids work instead of school so they don't learn it....and the teachers at the schools aren't skilled at teaching spanish speakers english..understandably....I guess people like me just have to try harder.....

It's like this: If ALL the MEXICANs were to just stay in Mexico I would honestly wish them the best fuckin life they could possibly live. It's not like I would want to travel down there and harass or assualt them in any way. I would wish them the best. AS LONG as they stay there.

Anyways, are we critiquing the poem or the subject of the poem itself? This IS writing skills forum, not political...:cool:

I think you need LIFE advice more than you need writing skills advice.

My suggestion, show all of this stuff to your counselor/psychiatrist/mom/dad...

all of em got screwed at one time or another...the asians building the railroads...the irish weren't able to vote, despite their numbers, for a long time....the jews...well I think we all know about their problems....but right now the mexicans make up a HUGE and important sector of our economy....jobs that we won't do and they do well and deserve credit for....and their work is putting a lot of tax money into the fund....and they are super great people if you will climb down from your racist hierarchy and engage them in conversation...
the language is a problem....I used to work at the adult literacy center in Greenwood teaching mexican adults english....they want to learn it but they work so much they don't always have time...and a lot of the kids work instead of school so they don't learn it....and the teachers at the schools aren't skilled at teaching spanish speakers english..understandably....I guess people like me just have to try harder.....

Ah, you are right, in the sense that being an immigrant here has always been hard, but the Irish, (of which I'm one), the Jews, The Mexicans, (ok might be a close call on this one via 19th C), Chinese, etc., we all CAME HERE, willingly. Not matter how hard, it was a good sight better than where we left.

The Native Americans days owning America are over....What the hell do you want us to do? Give the whole country back? I'm talking about right now...not hundreds of years ago. My message to you is: GET REAL!!

My message to you is: stop blaming different races for your unhappiness. I know illegal immigration is a HUGE problem where you are from. But still, murder is a problem where I am from and I can't stand murderers. I think you should focus your attention on the failures of the system not the faces of the people who live within it.

Originally posted by nycflasher
My message to you is: stop blaming different races for your unhappiness. I know illegal immigration is a HUGE problem where you are from. But still, murder is a problem where I am from and I can't stand murderers. I think you should focus your attention on the failures of the system not the faces of the people who live within it.

If my unhappiness is direct result of their presence and their economic and social toll on my country, why shouldn't I blame them? Are you saying I should just ignore the root cause and instead choose to believe that it is somehow MY problem, as if I'm imagining the whole thing. Or maybe I am just born to be angry for no good reason because I am white? Is that what you would like for me to believe?:mad:

If my unhappiness is direct result of their presence and their economic and social toll on my country, why shouldn't I blame them? Are you saying I should just ignore the root cause and instead choose to believe that it is somehow MY problem, as if I'm imagining the whole thing. Or maybe I am just born to be angry for no good reason because I am white? Is that what you would like for me to believe?:mad:

I seldom agree with Flasher, but I think his point was that while acknowledging that CA has a huge illegal alien problem, primarily from Mexico, that really isn't the fault of the aliens. The fault is the US government, for not enforcing their own laws.

You would think the lesson that the colonists taught the Brits about benign neglect regarding taxes would be a lesson the government wouldn't forget, but it seems they have.

And I LIKE GW! But the policy has been and IS wrong.

Their economic toll is positive...the economy would collapse if suddenly the HUUUGGEEE chunk that the immigrant workers make of it disappeared...a lot of companies are dependant upon their labor and we therefore have them to thank for a certain amount of our prosperity.....he tries to make it sound like we live in a POOR country...

Their economic toll is positive...the economy would collapse if suddenly the HUUUGGEEE chunk that the immigrant workers make of it disappeared...a lot of companies are dependant upon their labor and we therefore have them to thank for a certain amount of our prosperity.....he tries to make it sound like we live in a POOR country...

That may be, it certainly is the argument of the administration. It allows lower agriculture prices for IL, that I know. However, it's the CA agribusinesses that are reaping the savings, while the whole state is paying the burden. I think that is what troubles our friend, Steel.

Okay, so I think I understand your point. Don't blame them for the fact that WE aren't enforcing our laws regarding deportation and WE are stupid enough to give them welfare...Point taken.

But if there is some old man who owns a liquor store and he is so old and stupid that you can walk right in and steal a case of booze right in front of his face and he won't even notice, and if he does he'll just slap you on the wrist and tell you not to do it again, does it make it his ALL his fault when someone steals from him? No way, it's partially his fault and mostly the fault of the perpetrators, the ones taking advantage of the situation and committing the crimes. Using your logic, these illegals should accept no blame for their tresspassing here and the wishy-washy immigration policy of the United States should take it all.

Noone is grabbing mexicans be the hand and pulling them in here. They're choosing to break our laws willfully be crossing illegally and working under the table. And they're consciously choosing not to learn the language and not to integrate. Your going to have to heap some of the blame on the people perpetrating the crimes for a change.

BTW I hate George's worker amnesty plan. It's like a slap to the face to people like me who have to deal with all the repercussions of more unskilled, uneducated, non-english speaking immigrants coming in by the truckload everyday, contributing next to nothing with their minimum wage jobs yet collecting billions in welfare services.

originally posted by Captain Steel But if there is some old man who owns a liquor store and he is so old and stupid that you can walk right in and steal a case of booze right in front of his face and he won't even notice, and if he does he'll just slap you on the wrist and tell you not to do it again, does it make it his ALL his fault when someone steals from him? No way, it's partially his fault and mostly the fault of the perpetrators, the ones taking advantage of the situation and committing the crimes. Using your logic, these illegals should accept no blame for their tresspassing here and the wishy-washy immigration policy of the United States should take it all.

But the US is not an 'old man', nor helpless, nor unable to defend her borders. It's a choice that has been made for a long time now and even moreso under this administration.

I don't blame the Mexicans for walking or swimming in, they are living in abject poverty down there. Get here, have a child born here, have a good case for staying, even if we weren't just handing a blank amnesty every couple years. To seek a better life for yourself or your children? Who wouldn't? The rest of the world has to wait their turn for the lottery, Mexico is just 'there.'

It might make more sense to see if they'd like to become the 51 and possibly 52 state. In a way, kind of like legalizing drugs, much of the costs involved go down and you get the taxes.

Sure, it's a positive toll for the major corporations utilizing them to do dead end jobs for minumum wage. Although If these companies were willing to pay a couple bucks more per hour Americans would be taking the jobs themselves. Which would help our country more? Major Corporation CEO's making 100 million a year instead of 500 million. Or thousands of jobs for American citizens.

Also, here is what is costs the United States to allow them to live here: http://www.fairus.org/ImmigrationIssueCenters/ImmigrationIssueCenters.cfm?ID=2382&c=13

24.3 Billion a year. for the year 2000. It's twice that now, just 4 years later, with the estimated illegal population doubling in size.

Not true...if the companies pay more, they produce less, make less and lay off workers...
lets say cotton for example, cause its what I know locally....the immigrants pick the cotton and it get sent to the textile mills where the "americans" work and because of the cheap price of field labor the textile mill is able to employ MANY more american workers than in your example, which just causes inflation and job layoff.

Not true...if the companies pay more, they produce less, make less and lay off workers...

How would paying the workers more effect production? The people really benefiting from the cheap labor aren't the company as a whole it's the filthy rich CEO's. Take it out of their pocket, and noone has to get laid off it's just that simple.

Besides, who do think did the jobs before the Mexicans came here? Native born Americans, of all colors, did those jobs. And they still do them in states where the Mexicans haven't settled in yet. Many midwest states, and northeast states are like this. Who do you think takes care of all the fast food restaraunts, hotels, diners, landscaping, etc. Whites, blacks, all kinds of American born citizens do.

Forum List

Back