A plot hole in The Matrix!

Evangelical

Apr 18, 2009
I just thought about this today for some reason, in the Matrix when Keanu sees deja vu and "they changed something"...

The plot hole is the change. Why did they wall up the place?

Wouldn't it have made more sense for the Matrix to just obliterate the building, perhaps changing it by parking a Nuclear Warhead there, or a massive collapse and inferno of the whole structure?

Woulda taken care of everyone without any coppers having to do crap.

Don't ya' just hate it when your suspended belief comes crashing down?

Here's a clue just to ruin your day.

Nobody EVER lives happily ever after, either.

I just thought about this today for some reason, in the Matrix when Keanu sees deja vu and "they changed something"...

The plot hole is the change. Why did they wall up the place?

Wouldn't it have made more sense for the Matrix to just obliterate the building, perhaps changing it by parking a Nuclear Warhead there, or a massive collapse and inferno of the whole structure?

Woulda taken care of everyone without any coppers having to do crap.

I saw a guy suffer a stroke once...he talked like you. I'm not sure if he got better. One side of his face got all saggy. Check your face.

Don't ya' just hate it when your suspended belief comes crashing down?

Here's a clue just to ruin your day.

Nobody EVER lives happily ever after, either.

Except love stories that pretty much never happens in movies now a days anyway.

Finally ... got tired of the sappy endings a long time ago. I like seeing fictional characters get it worse than real life people, it just somehow makes me feel better.

They needed to capture Morpheaus alive. He had the codes to the Humans mainframe and city. I guess someone forgot the plot.

Wait no, why didn't they change things so that Morpheus was safe in an underground bubble?

Dumb Ass, it is a Movie intending to entertain. How long would the movie last if all they had to do was encase him in a bubble? The movie was 3 movies. Your plot would have ended all 3 movies in the first one in about 30 minutes.

Riddle me this? How come in all slasher movies the dumb girls wander off alone to die horrible deaths?

They needed to capture Morpheaus alive. He had the codes to the Humans mainframe and city. I guess someone forgot the plot.

Wait no, why didn't they change things so that Morpheus was safe in an underground bubble?

Dumb Ass, it is a Movie intending to entertain. How long would the movie last if all they had to do was encase him in a bubble? The movie was 3 movies. Your plot would have ended all 3 movies in the first one in about 30 minutes.

Riddle me this? How come in all slasher movies the dumb girls wander off alone to die horrible deaths?
especially when I am yelling at her not to???
I am way to parnoid to ever get killed by one of those characters and I will leave everyone behind except my son to save myself.
Many movies would not have lasted long if they used a logical plot, like Independence Day for instance. Why didn't the aliens just use the mother ship to blow nuke the planet all at once?

Last edited:
the funniest shit I ever saw though was when the third movie came out and they had the premier at the same time all over the world so it showed at 6am here. They have an Imax at the park I worked at and when they showed the movie at 6am the last thirty minutes the sound did not work. About two hundred Matrix junkies shit their pants at the same time and I believe scarred for life, I am surprised they didn't sue.

especially when I am yelling at her not to???
I am way to parnoid to ever get killed by one of those characters and I will leave everyone behind except my son to save myself.
Many movies would not have lasted long if they used a logical plot, like Independence Day for instance. Why didn't the aliens just use the mother ship to blow nuke the planet all at once?

ell duh they wanted to rape the resources, not much left after you cinder the planet.

The matrix works beautifully as a film parable for our own world.

Consider that most of us ARE asleep to how our world really works.

Consider that this nation of comotose workers produces enormous wealth very little of which we who produce that wealth get to keep.

What is the narcotic which they use to keep us asleep?

Money, folks.

They have convinced us to think of money as wealth, when money is only a tool we agree to use to facilite accounting so that we can have a modern industrialized society.

We forget therefore that our houses (as just one example) only have real value to us as VALUE IN USE...not in it's market value.

So the false world of OUR Matrix world really is that money = wealth.

Say I own a farm. The value of that farm is that it can produce food.

But in our topsey turvey values world, the value of that land is what I can get for it by selling it.

And so we have paved over some of the most productive land in the world (something that really is WEALTH) and put up malls which are things which produce nothing of real value, but which sell us THE DREAM of wealth in the form of cha-cha, knick-knacks, electronic toys and so forth.

I had a great Uncle who owned a mountain in the Poconos.

He and his wife lived in what most of us would see as a shack. He had a lot of guns for hunting, an old beater truck, a fridge full of candy bars, a smokehouse filled with venison and he and his wife could NOT have been more content.

Back in the early 70s he was offer three million dollars for his land. Back in the early 70s' that was one hell of a lot of money.

He didn't sell it because he did not live in our MATRIX, folks. He knew he was WEALTHY and he knew his wealth was something REAL.

He knew his mountain and his shack and old truck and his wife and larder was irrelplaceable wealth.

Now why did this old guy know thisw?

Because he'd lived through the LAST DEPRESSION and he understood what REAL VALUE actually meant.

Some of you are longing for this goofy world of our to fall apart. You're probably survivalists.

Hey you know something?

I don't fucking blame you.

What you are really longing for is a world where things of REAL VALUE are really valued.

A world where working men and women get their share of their labors and no MASTERS (regardless of their poltical facades) can take it away from you.

Me, too, folks. Me, too.

But before that happens, EVERYBODY is going to have to wake up from the MATRIX that money = wealth, and most of you are going to have to wake up to the fact that those WITH enormous amounts of money DID NOT get it fair and square and that they do NOT deserve it because they're so hard working and smart.

THAT my friends is the MAXTRIX few of you right leaning patriotic American have yet to wake up from.

The DREAM that we left-leaning sleepers need to wake up from is the dream that we can create a powerful government that will NOT become controlled by venal men and women who will rip us off to make themselves and their children our perpetual masters.

Let me push that metaphor a bit further, shall I?

Remember the guy who betrayed everyone?

He KNEW that the Matrix was a delusion but he DIDN'T CARE.

Don't most of us KNOW (or at least intuit) that our value system is totally screwed up, too?

But we keep playing the game by the MASTERS' RULES, don't we?

Why?

Because we live in a GO ALONG TO GET ALONG world, folks.

We KNOW it's bullshit, but we don't care because we SEE what happens to those of us who WAKE UP and stop playing by THEIR RULES.

What do the woken become?

Social pariahs, folks.

People completely marginalized by the system.

Now I can hear some of you thinking " But, editec, money can BUY things of real value"

That is true...so long as that money has value TO US and to EVERYONE ELSE.

But things of REAL VALUE do NOT evaporate.

We just saw TRILLIONS OF DOLLARS OF UNREALIZED CAPITAL GAINS EVAPORATE, folks.

What really disappeared? The presumed monetary value of our homes.

Our homes are still the same as they were before the crash ,but now we VALUE them as worth less?!

VALUE IN USE-wise they are STILL the same houses.

But in the MATRIX DREAM WORLD we live in, we all just got POORER!

So please, the next time any of you start telling me that I don't understand the minuetia of the economic system? (because I don't) anderstand that I don't acually BELIEVE in the economic MATRIX system.

I know that it is the MATRIX which is keep most of us asleep and making many of you BLAME YOUR NEIGBORS (unions, welfare mothers, guns owners, Christians, whomsoever you blame for this mess is NOT responsible for it.

WAKE UP AND SMELL THE MATRIX!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back