A Plea to Evangelicals...

You haven't schooled me on the bible. You have an amateur's understanding of it. I could quote bible verses back and forth all day with you, and in the end, you would still hoot and crow and claim victory, because your mind is closed. All it does is sully the word to no good end.

Don't you know what a bigot is? It's somebody who assigns unflattering and negative characteristics to people based upon nothing but their own bias.

When the hell did I ever do that to you?

My comment about non believers was ambiguous. But non believers are by and large ambiguous themselves. They state they simply don't believe..but it is obvious many of them at the same time have a huge animosity towards a God they state doesn't exist. Do with it what you will.

No, what we have an animosity towards is the idea that if there IS a god, that god would be ok with all the senseless death going on in the world, as some type of initiation into "his" club, so to speak.

We're supposed to watch our fellow human beings get killed unjustly, and not question the morality of it? We should just accept it, and continue clutching a bible so that god will accept us into heaven as good human beings for not being irate at all the death of our fellows?

Is it Love Thy Neighbor, or is it really Ignore Thy Neighbor?

I've found it to be perfectly simple to be a good human being without needing to clutch a book and an ideology to keep me from forgetting.

It's called selflesness.

It doesn't take blind faith or fawning love of jebus to see the horror of an entire first born generation being WIPED OUT so that moses can butt heads with the pharoe when the whole time this alpha and omega god would have snapped his phantom fingers and made it happen. Trust me, claiming that only devote christians UNDERSTAND the bible is not only beyond retarded but an excuse for your bias. Gee, Allie, you think a muslim would defend the koran with as much vigor as you defend the OT? What seems to be lost on you is the direct connection between the koran and the bible. they are not called Abrahamic religions for nothing. Please, do tell me about amateurs some more.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abrahamic_religions

New Topics

Forum List

Back