A Pill that Erases Memory

My daugher is dead, is that enough for you brood?

She would NOT have died had she not taken those pills! Know what really burns my ass? That in 2003 when we used to hear the commercial for zoloft it NEVER SAID "May Cause Feelings of Suicide in Children Under 18"....well IT DOES NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by the way. Election day is the anniversary of her death...

I'd appreciate it if you just stopped trying to win this one.

I never said that ssri's caused all the mass murders for 10 years. The lawyer said it. I said that more than once to you....

I WAS TELLING PEOPLE WHAT HE SAID!

My opinion on SSRIs?

There's a lot of dead children out there that would have been alive if they grew up in the 70's like did. Schools and Doctors didn't drug us back then. Somehow all the drugs we swallowed were illegal and mostly everyone I know made it out alive.

But a week after my daughter killed herself at fifteen, another boy did it the same way --in the same school. I can't BELIEVE how many kids have killed themselves!
Don't tell me it has nothing to do with SSRI's EVERY ONE OF THESE KIDS WAS ON THEM!!!!

Here and here and here and here.....go fight with their parents now!

and try not to cry and grow a heart while you're watching

The Kick Them All Out Project - Video: Big Brother, Big Picture: An Amazingly Complete Explanation of What's Really Going On Around Us

Roberta Georgieff (1968 - 2003)

AaronTodovich

Joseph Dionisio, Jr. (1982 - 2005)

Tribute for Mr. Justin Michael "Stu" Evans

~Tiffany Lane's Memory Pages~

~Tiffany Lane's Memory Pages~

Remembering Brandon

Misty Trantham (1990 - 2006)

Here, read all of this from REAL PEOPLE who have REAL CHILDREN who REALLY DIED from REAL SSRI Medication you bastard!

SSRI Warnings

While you've said that more children are dying then would have been the case before they prescribed antidepressants, suicide rates in teens and young adults have actually been on the decline, for many years now as evidenced by this study:

U.S. Suicide Rates Decline Dramatically ~ Psychology News and Research Briefs ~ Find Counseling.com

And this one:

UK teen suicide rates on the decline

Studies show that there is a positive correlation between the declining number of suicide deaths in young teens and children and SSRIs.

http://ajp.psychiatryonline.org/cgi/content/full/163/11/1898
http://jech.bmj.com/cgi/content/full/62/5/448

IN FACT, when the black box warnings were put onto the products, and young people started using them less, suicide rates increased:

http://ajp.psychiatryonline.org/cgi/content/full/164/9/1356

I just want to say that I'm not a doctor. I haven't lost anyone close to me that was on SSRIs, and I'm trying to look at this objectively. My view is that when mis-prescribed, anti-depressants can be harmful, like any type of medication. However, I think that when they are correctly prescribed, they accomplish what they are supposed to do, which is to lower depression and anxiety.

Last edited:
Do you not know what burden of proof is? I explained it very well in my post what burden of proof is, and why it's important. Seriously look at what I said, it makes total sense. I can make a completely baseless claim about invisible monkeys who use lasers to hypnotize people, and then tell people to prove me wrong. There is no proof that invisible monkeys use lasers to hypnotize people, because I just made that up. That's why I have to prove that there is something behind what I'm saying, otherwise people can just go around saying whatever they like without any consequences.

Oh, and want proof that "every mass murder over the past 10 years" hasn't been caused by SSRIs? Here you go:

Beslan school hostage crisis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
11 March 2004 Madrid train bombings - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Akihabara massacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not only that, in cases where SSRIs show up, it only shows correlation, NOT causation. Most people who commit these murders have severe mental problems, which SSRIs are usually used to treat. Because mass murders have been around for long, long before SSRIs were even invented, it's intellectually lazy to assume that they even contribute to people committing mass murders.

Here. I'll do something similar: "SSRIs prevent half of all potential mass murderers from committing mass murder." Now go prove me wrong. *HINT* Because you seem to have a problem with understanding my arguments, I don't actually believe this. It's an example of what I'm trying to say.

Also, the judge/jury who presides over the lawsuit will determine if that case has any merit. Not the lawyer filing the suit.

The dog I have in this fight is preventing people from saying whatever they want to without backing it up. Way to totally ad-hominem this argument up. I'm going to ignore this blatant attack, and continue with making my points, because really, this is hilarious. I'm laughing at your inability to parse my arguments and I'm laughing at the fact that you have to take the low road in order to have a conversation with people.

And I love how you assume that I have an agenda here. I have this secret little plan to promote SSRIs because I work for the drug companies or something. I commend you for reading something into my argument that doesn't even exist, it's pretty impressive to project a strawman onto someone else as much as you have been. It makes it much easier to argue against Hitler than a normal person, which is probably why you've been trying so hard to make me into Hitler.

Basically, I'm asking you to behave yourself. The vitriol that you're spewing right now only makes people take your argument less seriously.

Taking heart medication and bloodthinners when you don't have the condition that they treat can kill you. Any type of improperly prescribed medication can kill you. In any case, I never said that I was pro-SSRI, or pro-anything other than saying that SSRIs are not the cause of every mass murder over the past 10 years.

Find me the part where I said that SSRIs are never mis-prescribed. Find me the part where I said that SSRIs don't have negative side effects. Find me those parts of my argument. Hey wait a second, is that my argument, or are you blatantly overreaching?

And again with the ad-hominems! You seem to be quite inexperienced with having a reasonable debate. Basically, the first and most important rule is to attack the point, not the point-maker. Rule two is to avoid strawman arguments. You've broken both rules in a single paragraph, and for that I'm slightly amused, and also slightly concerned. Don't worry, I'm sure that if you follow those two rules, you will get much better at this sort of thing! Try doing that in the next post, and I'll be very impressed :)

I said in the very first paragraph of this argument that I felt sorry for her loss, and I do. This has never, ever been about her loss, or what she is going through. I know how it feels to lose someone close to you, and it hurts. Very badly. What this has been about is saying things that are not true. What I took offense to was the mistruth. Do you get off on blatantly mischaracterizing other people's arguments? It seems that way.

I haven't been saying a damn thing else because I'm not really for or against SSRI medication. I know, when properly prescribed, they can help people out, like two of my friends who were severely depressed. There is no doubt in my mind that SSRIs are over and mis-prescribed. Does that make anything that I have said untrue? No. Because that isn't my argument. You're reaching.

What does this have to do with anything that I've been saying? At all?

I think this is being unfair. You think that nobody on SSRIs have emotions? "Screwing with the chemicals in your brain is stupid"? So you don't think that people should take any type of medication that has to do with the brain? People shouldn't use medication that prevents the petuitary from putting too many or too little hormones into people's bodies? What about epilepsy medication? That has to do with chemicals in the brain. Should people be taken off of that medication?

You're boiling things down to the point of nonsense. Also, because things didn't work in your own experience, they never work? Is that how you think?

Ok. What does that have to do with the point you quoted?

Mass murder is a term with a specific application. Look up what a mass murder is. Trying to make it into some nebulous "hearts and minds" argument is absurd. Like, if I called the cops and said that someone had murdered my mom, and when they came it turned out I just meant that they "murdered" her figuratively in her brain, what do you think they would say? They would probably call me an idiot.

God, that's beautiful. You're still wrong and your opinion is your opinion. If YOU challenge someone's opinion then the burden of proof is on them. If you MAKE THE CLAIM their opinion is wrong, then the burden of proof is on YOU.

Obviously you either cannot or did not read what I posted or you would have seen that I addressed your question of whether or not I think they work just because they don't work for me.

To make it simple, I have seen people come and go on this and other boards the past 6 years and all but TWO -- you and one other -- have nothing but horror stories to tell. Then I factor in my experience.

But let me ask YOU the same question ... you're on here, don't know anyone from Adam, and jump right in telling people in absolute terms they are wrong because they DO apparently work for you. Is THAT how YOU think?

I at least was intelligent enough to caveat my statement with the fact that yes, in instances where they are actually necessary they DO work.

Methinks you might want to run on back to your CP tent and bust out your slide rule and try another plan of attack. This one's working for you like Pickett's frontal assault into the salient at Gettysburg worked for him.

While you've said that more children are dying then would have been the case before they prescribed

I just want to say that I'm not a doctor. I haven't lost anyone close to me that was on SSRIs, and I'm trying to look at this objectively. My view is that when mis-prescribed, anti-depressants can be harmful, like any type of medication. However, I think that when they are correctly prescribed, they accomplish what they are supposed to do, which is to lower depression and anxiety.

Are you on anti-depressants?

God, that's beautiful. You're still wrong and your opinion is your opinion. If YOU challenge someone's opinion then the burden of proof is on them. If you MAKE THE CLAIM their opinion is wrong, then the burden of proof is on YOU.

Excuse me? I did address that. Read up. I proved that every mass murder in the past 10 years weren't caused by SSRIs.

And it's true. It's actually a requirement for anyone who makes a point to be able to back it up with facts if they're asked to. That's the sensible way of doing things. The onus is always on the person who makes a statement to be able to prove that it's true.

Obviously you either cannot or did not read what I posted or you would have seen that I addressed your question of whether or not I think they work just because they don't work for me.

Not really. Could you please point this part out to me, because I'm not finding it.

To make it simple, I have seen people come and go on this and other boards the past 6 years and all but TWO -- you and one other -- have nothing but horror stories to tell. Then I factor in my experience.

I'll take objective data over an opinion every time. Objective data shows the correlation between less antidepressants and more suicides. And I have the opposite experience from you. I know 2 fully functioning members of society who are on antidepressants, and they both have aknowledged that they are working just fine for them. I haven't heard any "horror stories" except on the internet, and one time it was a scientologist (who apparently hate antidepressants for some bizzare reason).

That's part of the reason I'm a bit offended by what you have to say. It seems like you think that they're zombies, or that SSRIs have screwed up their brain chemicals irreperably. They're both incredibly nice, well adjusted people who are my friends, and it seems like you're dogging on them.

But let me ask YOU the same question ... you're on here, don't know anyone from Adam, and jump right in telling people in absolute terms they are wrong because they DO apparently work for you. Is THAT how YOU think?

No, that's misrepresenting my argument. Reread my argument to get a better idea of what I'm saying.

I at least was intelligent enough to caveat my statement with the fact that yes, in instances where they are actually necessary they DO work.

So? You also said that "screwing with the chemicals in your brain is stupid" and that people on SSRIs have no emotions in the same post. Two of the most uninformed things I've ever read in my life.

Methinks you might want to run on back to your CP tent and bust out your slide rule and try another plan of attack. This one's working for you like Pickett's frontal assault into the salient at Gettysburg worked for him.

First of all, thanks for not calling me a narrow-minded fuck or that I'm full of shit. It's made things seem less like a schoolyard, and more like an informed discussion :)

Secondly, there is nothing wrong with my argument at all. In some parts, you've misunderstood me, and in others you've understood me, but have been unable to say anything that debunks my points. Good use of history though! I majored in history, so it's refreshing for someone to finally put my degree to work :D

Are you on anti-depressants?

No.

Oh, I guess I was just wondering if you or someone your close to you in life is on the meds and having a high success rate or something.

Oh, I guess I was just wondering if you or someone your close to you in life is on the meds and having a high success rate or something.

Well, one of my very good friends, and a person that I know quite well are on antidepressants. Despite what Gunny wants you to think, they are fully functioning individuals who have emotions and admittedly had chemical imbalances.

Thank you for sharing that information, I see where your coming from more clearly now.

Forum List

Back